Buffalo Tracker (please add)

I had applied for Canadian PR Jan 2004

Today, Oct 20, 2004, my lawyer's office informed me that I have recieved interview waiver and can proceed for medicals.

What is next? I dont know since I am not knowledgable about Canadian PR process. I had started it as alternative to US PR, since I-485 is taking so long (mine pending since Dec 2002, VSC).

Please help - in decoding CAIPS Notes

I have been waiting for almost 7 months after sending all the required docs, police clearance certificates and medicals for the consulate to request for passports for stamping (since March,2004). Recently I got my CAIPS Notes and I see the following info

3 May - Will pull file for BDEC
3 May - File pulled: To officer for BDEC
5 May - Referral required for PI
7 May - Referral sent for Subj

Can somebody let me know what this means ????? (currently the BDEC decision is 0)

What is PI and What is this referral ?????

Thanks in advance

BDEC stands for Background Decision.
PI means Primary Immigrant which in this case would be you.

Do not quote me on this but I believe that they are missing a police certificate from your file (The May 3rd actions). They are asking you to send them the police certificates on May 5th and on May 7th, they sent you a letter requesting police certificates.

Hope this helps if at all my interpretation makes any sense.

Runaway

KewlHarry said:
I have been waiting for almost 7 months after sending all the required docs, police clearance certificates and medicals for the consulate to request for passports for stamping (since March,2004). Recently I got my CAIPS Notes and I see the following info

Can somebody let me know what this means ????? (currently the BDEC decision is 0)

Thanks in advance

gc-despo said:
I had applied for Canadian PR Jan 2004

Today, Oct 20, 2004, my lawyer's office informed me that I have recieved interview waiver and can proceed for medicals.

What is next? I dont know since I am not knowledgable about Canadian PR process. I had started it as alternative to US PR, since I-485 is taking so long (mine pending since Dec 2002, VSC).

Next you will receive a request for medical and security clearance. You might also receive a request for additional documents (rarely) if your application wasn't complete.

Runaway

Loton said:
I am planning land by Air on Dec24th and came back USA after two days using my advance parole. I do not have any previous I-94. On my advance parole, it is clearly written 3/10 year bar does not appy to me. I recevie my advance parole through Life Act (CSS/Lulac). My I-485 is pending.
Will I have any problem comming back?
Thanks.
-Loton

No

Gurus Help -- Additional Documents

Hello Gurus,
I am about to send the Documents requested by canadian counsalate, i hava a quick question , do we have to specify the file number on each and every document like on pay stub, employment letter..., or just a cover letter with the file number is enough.

Thanks in advance,

Jhonny

Canada

Hi All,

Do anyone of you have any experiences with canadian immig. attorneys or is it easier to apply by myself...
I am planning to apply and any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

for JJhonny,

you dont have to put the file no in each and every documents.
just have the original request letter send by CIC as the front page and attach the requested docs to it.

for TECHWAIT,
the process for immigration to canada is pretty straight forward.
you can do it by urself.
just go to cic.gc.ca and follow the instructions.
I dont think you need a lawyer just like we do need it for US immigration.
thanks

e-cas shows-- in process since January 19
additional documents on 10/18.
medical August 25th.
Is it usefull to get CAIPS?
Thanks

Received IA, Interview Reqd Detroit

Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a while and never really posted anything. I have received my IA with interview reqd in Detroit and a medical form and one page background form asking me what I have been doing from the time I applied till the present. I filled it and immediately faxed it back. On the medical it said if interview is required do not do your medicals until you receive your interview notice. Is the the correct thing to do? Or should I go ahead and do the medicals now.

Also how long is the anticipated wait from IA till interview in Detroit? And do they stamp your passport on the day of the interview? It seems logical to do so. I am on an F-1 and I have one more semester to go and then the OPT, so I am fairly confident everything will be squared away within this 1.5 years. Is there any possibility of taking any longer?

Thanks for all your inputs. This is a great forum.

Here is my timeline:

Applied: Feb 04, Processing Feb 27, 04
AOR: March 04
IA: Oct 8, 04 received Oct 18, 04, Interview Reqd, Detroit, Medicals
Requested background information between Jan 04 - Oct 04
Background Info faxed Oct 19.
Waiting to do Medicals & acknowledgement from Detroit.

If you got any questions please feel free to ask.

dbhatta:

do not do your medicals until you receive your interview notice.
check forum where it says "Detroit interview" and u will get some ideas of waiting period.
I think your case should not take longer than 1.5 years.
I have posted my questions just before your post... so you would like to answer question feel free to answer.

I am planning to land in Ontario next month. I have the following questions:

1.Can I land in Canada thru any borders to reach Ontario province or have to enter thru the Rainbrow bridge in niagara falls?
does anyone landed in Canada thru different border entrance?

2.After reaching Canada,I am planning to apply for SIN,medical insurance,PR card and open bank account and come back to US.
I will go back to canada in summer of next year.

I read somewhere that we cant leave Canada until we get the PR card in our hand. Wil that be a problem if we leave Canada when our PR card application is pending? if so, then do we have to apply for re-entry permit before leave Canada? how does this process work?

appreciate anyone's reply on this
thanks.

Thanks

love2002 said:
for JJhonny,

you dont have to put the file no in each and every documents.
just have the original request letter send by CIC as the front page and attach the requested docs to it.

for TECHWAIT,
the process for immigration to canada is pretty straight forward.
you can do it by urself.
just go to cic.gc.ca and follow the instructions.
I dont think you need a lawyer just like we do need it for US immigration.
thanks

Thanks much

techwait
NJ Sesa July 2002
Still waiting........

Love2002

1.Can I land in Canada thru any borders to reach Ontario province or have to enter thru the Rainbrow bridge in niagara falls?

I HEARD YOU CAN AND PRETTY MUCH RELYING ON IT SINCE I MENTIONED TORONTO BUT I WILL BE GOING TO VANCOUVER

2.After reaching Canada,I am planning to apply for SIN,medical insurance,PR card and open bank account and come back to US.
I will go back to canada in summer of next year.

YES YOU CAN COME BACK

Can somebody help me on understanding this - CAIPS Notes ????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance

DBhatta,

My timeline is quite close to yours (just that I am ahead of your by 2-3 weeks) and I am also currently in the US on F-1 visa (doing OPT currently). Unfortunately, I have been asked to attend an interview too and the interview will be in Detroit.

The below link will give you more details on the wait time:

1. Files received in Detroit, but interview not yet scheduled:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1895&mid=8&cat=1130&typ=1

2. Cases scheduled for interview:
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/menu-en.asp?act=v&did=1896&mid=8&cat=1130&typ=1

The above 2 sites are approximately updated every month (around the 20th of the month), so the best would be to monitor these. My guess would be that our interview would be scheduled around Feb/Mar 2005. I don't know if they will stamp the passport the same day or not. Medicals should be done upon receipt of interview date (which is approximately 2 months prior to the interview).

Hope this helps.
FAA

dbhatta said:
Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing this forum for a while and never really posted anything. I have received my IA with interview reqd in Detroit and a medical form and one page background form asking me what I have been doing from the time I applied till the present. I filled it and immediately faxed it back. On the medical it said if interview is required do not do your medicals until you receive your interview notice. Is the the correct thing to do? Or should I go ahead and do the medicals now.

Also how long is the anticipated wait from IA till interview in Detroit? And do they stamp your passport on the day of the interview? It seems logical to do so. I am on an F-1 and I have one more semester to go and then the OPT, so I am fairly confident everything will be squared away within this 1.5 years. Is there any possibility of taking any longer?

Thanks for all your inputs. This is a great forum.

Here is my timeline:

Applied: Feb 04, Processing Feb 27, 04
AOR: March 04
IA: Oct 8, 04 received Oct 18, 04, Interview Reqd, Detroit, Medicals
Requested background information between Jan 04 - Oct 04
Background Info faxed Oct 19.
Waiting to do Medicals & acknowledgement from Detroit.

If you got any questions please feel free to ask.

I am a little concern if my medicals were received as the e-CAS shows "in process".
I had my medicals done on Aug 25th. However additional docs sent on Oct 18th.
Thanks for you comments...

Medical Done 5 Months Before

I Had Medical Done On 25th May 2004 And Today It Shows On E-status That They Have Recieved ; After 5 Months ; I Also Sent My Pcc End Of June But No Clue About That ?

Got Caps Notes Which Don't TalKs About Pcc And Decision:0

Wrote Letter To Buffalo 4 Weeks Back ; No Reply Yet

Any Help Is Appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Runaway73 AOR ?

I know clx-dude got his AOR, RUNAWAY73 did you get yours yet ? the reason I am asking is because I haven't got mine yet !!!!!! :(