Buffalo Tracker (please add)

Re: Recd PP request

Happy4you.

Congrats on getting the Passport request. Usually the visas are valid for one year from the date of the medicals.

When I was interviewed that's what the lady officer told me. She said that since my medicals was done on 9th December 2003, I have time till 8th December 2004 to land.

But then, she noticed that my daughter's passport was expiring in September 2004, she told me that I need to land before the expiry of my daughter's passport. I asked her if I could renew the passport, she told yes and if that's the case then I need to land before December 8th, 2004.

So, the expiration of the visa is either one year from the date of medicals (or) based on the Passport Expiry date of either your's or your dependents, whichever comes first.

Hope this info helps.

DA

Originally posted by happy4you
Hello,

I have submitted requested docs, medical, fingerprint, fee on 30th December, 2003 and recd pp request on 28th Feb, 2004.

Going to send passport in day or two.

Q. How long the VISA will be valid for ?
Planning to lend in Oct/Nov.

Q. What will be the commitment after lending ?

- happy4you

FOR PEARL:

This is how I added my spouse:

I wrote a letter stating my marital staus has change.

Hubby filled forms:

IMM 0008
IMM 0008 Schedule 1
IMM 5406

Sent copies of passport, stay in USA, educational degree, marriage certificates, birth certificate....(every document u can think of) and 4 passport photograph and the fee.

When u are subitiing it put your file number on the envelop that way it will be appened to your file.

If you have any question let me know.

Hi RahulatDC,

I am also in the same boat. I submitted the passport on 02/17 and still no word from them. I am waiting for the 15 business days as per the document. I gave them the Stamped Express Envelope and every day I am tracking and till now no updates.

Please update once u received the same.

Originally posted by PThomas
Hi RahulatDC,

I am also in the same boat. I submitted the passport on 02/17 and still no word from them. I am waiting for the 15 business days as per the document. I gave them the Stamped Express Envelope and every day I am tracking and till now no updates.

Please update once u received the same.

I received it today, one day short of 15 business day, gosh what a tense wait, now I think It would be better if I drove the canadian consulate, thanx Baig and all other guyz

For Faithfully

Faithfully;

IMM 0008 has to be filled by the principcal applicant , that is me in my case.

And spouse has to fill only

IMM 0008 Schedule 1
IMM 5406

Do I need to fill IMM 0008 and update it.

Please let me know if I right

-Pearl

My timeline

Here is my timeline

Applied : May 15 2002
File No : Nov 15 2002
Accessment : Oct 3 2003
Interview : No
Medical : 11/21/2003
Passport req : 1/16/2004
Passport sent : 2/10/2004
Landing papers : 3/2/2004

Thanx a lot guyz, wish you all the best.

Pearl:

I did not fill a new IMM 0008 form. And they did not request I re-fill one.

Even though you filled out the IMM0008 your spouse has to as well you will tick family class. That was how we did ours.

Hi,

I just received 2nd letter from buffalo. On the letter, it says that please do not schedule medical exam until 6 months from the date of this letter. Can anybody tell me when should I do the medical? The letter does say my interview is waived. Thanks

Originally posted by smile_sac
Hi,

I just received 2nd letter from buffalo. On the letter, it says that please do not schedule medical exam until 6 months from the date of this letter. Can anybody tell me when should I do the medical? The letter does say my interview is waived. Thanks

I came to know through a friend (who got a call from Baffalo) that they are overloaded, may that may be a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many ppl receive this kind of letter. 2 of my friends also received such letter. So don't worry; you are not alone.

Mayank

They asked me to fill out a background information form, is it normal? Will I be picked for a background check? They also ask me to submit bank statement and FBI report in 90 days. Thanks.

Rahul,

I too received the passport & landing papers today.

All,

Here is my timeline

Applied : JUNE 02, 2002
File No : Nov 25 2002
Accessment : SEP 25 2003
Interview : No
Medical : 10/21/2003
Additional Doc Send : 11/22/2003
Passport req : 2/05/2004
Passport sent : 2/13/2004
Landing papers : 3/3/2004

Planning to land in late March or April 2003

I got lot of information from this forum. Thank You very much all the posting and wish you all the best.

re: PP request

jalabalajings,

Thanks for the reply regarding my query about visa validation period. It has helped to analyze my situation.

ashi5,

I have sent ROLF along with all documents.

Jalma,

letter indicates 30 days time to send passport. If one can not send, he/she has to inform the reason. I guess, buffalo office might give an extension. not sure.

- happy4you

RahulDC and PThomas

RahulDC and PThmas,

happy 4 you to see end of your visa stamp wait.

Would you share how long is the visa valid in your case ? Thanks in advance

-happy4you

Re: RahulDC and PThomas

Originally posted by happy4you
RahulDC and PThmas,

happy 4 you to see end of your visa stamp wait.

Would you share how long is the visa valid in your case ? Thanks in advance

-happy4you

Its alway be exact one year from the date of medical, my medical done on 11/20/03, hence I got visa till 11/20/04.

e status

RahultaDC and happy4u

can you please, inform us when did the e status message change?
thanks

e status

PThomas:
when did the e status change to decision made?
how many days before the passport request letter or how long after the medicals
thanks