Buffalo Tracker (please add)

I just recently got my passports back with the PR stamp on it. There is also a document with it which says that my name on the visa stamp on the passport might be truncated due to the lenght of the name however the name on the document must be spelt out in its entierity.

In my case its the reverse where the name on the canadian visa stamp on the passport is complete but the name on the document is truncated, will this cause any issues?

Thanks

Originally posted by srini88
I just recently got my passports back with the PR stamp on it

If this would be only on document, this should not be a issue.

Hey Srini, question for you, After receiving your passport, How long will it take consulate to stamp and send it back to you, please reply

Got my PP back

Hi guys,

At last i got back my passport with Immigration visa stamped. Along with that I got 1 page doc (Front and Back) but the document does not have my name anywhere.

It has my File number and starts with

Dear Applicant,
Enclosed you will find passport(s) .....

Please let me know if this is ok.

Thanks,
Baig

Re: Got my PP back

Originally posted by baig110
Hi guys,

At last i got back my passport with Immigration visa stamped. Along with that I got 1 page doc (Front and Back) but the document does not have my name anywhere.

It has my File number and starts with

Dear Applicant,
Enclosed you will find passport(s) .....

Please let me know if this is ok.

Thanks,
Baig

As far as I know from the friends who landed in Canada, they dont ask for this letter, stamped passport is enough.

You send passports on Feb 7th right, when did you received them, today or Sat ?

got PP stamped

I got my passports stamped with the visa about 3 wks back. Along with that I received a long thick page (multiple copies) document with my entire file information , with the heading 'COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence ' .
How come some people are getting different documents ?
Pls share...

Thanks,

need advise

Hi guys,

Applied to Canada PR from USA To candaian Consulate,buffalo
in October 2003 and
got response from the the candian consulate in Feb 2004 saying my file will be assesed approximately in around Oct 2004.I have a case number

Here are my questions:

1.I didn't included any police cleareance,I lived in 2 other countries apart from USA.How they will go about this.Do i need send them or wait till they ask.

2.is the same case with medicals , wait till they request or send them around October 2004

3.What about language ,is TOEFL enough or do i need to take IELTS.I took TOEFL ALready.

I am very much concerned about this

pls advise

Please some one post who had similar experieces

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Applied to Canada PR from USA To candaian Consulate,buffalo
in October 2003 and got response from the the candian consulate in Feb 2004 saying my file will be assesed approximately in around Oct 2004.I have a case number

Here are my questions:

1.I didn't included any police cleareance,I lived in 2 other countries apart from USA.How they will go about this.Do i need send them or wait till they ask.

You are better of waiting till they ask for it. In my case I did it once and by the time they finished processing the application they expired so they asked me to redo it

2.is the same case with medicals , wait till they request or send them around October 2004

Always wait for them to ask for the medicals. If the medicals expire and the processing is delayed you have to shell out money to get it done all over again.

3.What about language ,is TOEFL enough or do i need to take IELTS.I took TOEFL ALready.

I only had TOEFL and they did not ask for IELTS. I am not sure if there is hard and fast rule on when IELTS is required and when it is not but in most cases where the applicant has studied in the US chances are that IELTS is not required.

I am very much concerned about this

pls advise

Please some one post who had similar experieces

You can always submit English proficiency certificate from your university saying that the medium of instructions was in English. Also you can submit your experience certificate from US if applicable(It is assumed that your communication was in English if you have worked in US :)).

Mayank

I did fax to Canada consulate about my status. I did not get any phone calls or fax or any letter. Normally how much time will take. after sendng the fax does anybody got the response from the consulate?
My Online status is showing that Decision made since dec 13th.

Please help

Guyz please help me.

Canadian consulate, Buffalo requested my family passports for visa stamping and I send them in a express mail on 2/10, I have not received any passport back till now and I was looking at my records to find out what happened.

One thing I noticed, two of my family passport expired and renewed in past 2 months but I did not inform Canadian consulate about this new information, do you think this could be a reason for this delay, did any of you send new passport, while consulate having records of old passports.

Please suggest what to do? I already fax them but have not got any reply?

New application - need help

Hi guys,
I am preparing to apply at the Buffalo office and have a couple of doubts, pl advise.

1. My childrens passport will expire in sept 2004. I can renew it after March. If I dont renew for now and send as it is, is that OK?

2. Is birth ceritificate absolutely required? I dont have one in english for my wife.

Thanks in advance....

FBI FINGER PRINTING

HEY

PLS ADVISE, I SENT MY FINGERPRINTED CARD TO FBI ON 02/04/04 ? I HAVEN'T GOT THEM BACK YET? HOW LONG DOES FBI TAKES TO STAMP AND SEND IT BACK

IF ANYONE WENT THROUGH THIS PROCESS PLS HELP?

Re: Please help

Originally posted by RahulatDC
Guyz please help me.

Canadian consulate, Buffalo requested my family passports for visa stamping and I send them in a express mail on 2/10, I have not received any passport back till now and I was looking at my records to find out what happened.

One thing I noticed, two of my family passport expired and renewed in past 2 months but I did not inform Canadian consulate about this new information, do you think this could be a reason for this delay, did any of you send new passport, while consulate having records of old passports.

Please suggest what to do? I already fax them but have not got any reply?

Rahul,

I am assuming they take more time if there is any change in the passport but they will definitely send it back. In my case I think they took over 2 weeks coz they had my name other way round (Lastname first name) in my Initial letter but when i got the passport they have corrected it. Just be patient and try to contact them. Try the tel #s that someone posted couple ofpages back in this forum and see if u canreach them by phone.

Best of luck,
Baig

Re: Re: You will get notice for ROLF first

Originally posted by india-usa
Mine is showing since Dec 13th onwards. still I did not get any paper from Canada consulate. On Thursday i sent fax, i am waiting for the response.

India-USA,

Any response from them? Have you changed your addredd recently? If yes then try to see if you got anythingback on your old address also try to contact them.
My status changed arround the sametime in DEC and i got a letter from them requesting for more docs after sending up dated docs they sent me the passport request.

Baig

Re: Re: Please help

Originally posted by baig110
Rahul,

I am assuming they take more time if there is any change in the passport but they will definitely send it back. In my case I think they took over 2 weeks coz they had my name other way round (Lastname first name) in my Initial letter but when i got the passport they have corrected it. Just be patient and try to contact them. Try the tel #s that someone posted couple ofpages back in this forum and see if u canreach them by phone.

Best of luck,
Baig

Thanx for reply man, yup its frustrating, I try to contact but every phone goes to same Automate voice messaging, saying you cant able to speak any attendant at any time, already send faxes but no reply.

One more thing to notice, I found my online status changed back from 'Decision made' to 'In process' :( surprising for me.

Need your help, please!

I just read a message from a guy who are going to have interview in Seattle on April 1st (he submitted in Aug. 2001). I have application pending like him in seattle.

My questions are:
Did Seattle ask U to submit new forms?
Did Seattle ask U to submit medical results and fingerprints?

I have one friend who submitted application in Aug. 2001. She was asked to submit the new forms, medical results and fingerprints, seems interview waived. Almost everyone has the same situation like her. Myself was asked to provided additional documents twice in 2003 (Oct. and Dec.), the first was to submit the new forms and the second was to submit my updated eduation (master degree, I guess it scores 2 more points), but got nothing since then.

Is Seattle still giving interview to everyone? Or they waive the interview to most of people who applied before Jan.1 2002.
Please help if you know any information about this situation. I just had enough of this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE waiting process.

Re: FBI FINGER PRINTING

Ashi5,

It would take approximately 5 to 6 weeks for getting the FBI Fingerprinting card. I sent it on the 30th December 2003 and got it back on the 5th February 2004.

You could expect something in the first or second week of march.

You can also call them to know your status. The number doesn't come in the top of my mind.

What I did was tried 411 (Information center) got the number for FBI at Clarksburg, VA. Contacted them and asked them to connect me to the CJIS division which they did. After going thorough several options over the phone I was able to speak with an FBI representative who said that they I will be receiving the results in 2 weeks time.

I called them in the latter part of January and got the results on Feb 5, 2004.

Hope this info helps.

DA

Originally posted by ashi5
HEY

PLS ADVISE, I SENT MY FINGERPRINTED CARD TO FBI ON 02/04/04 ? I HAVEN'T GOT THEM BACK YET? HOW LONG DOES FBI TAKES TO STAMP AND SEND IT BACK

IF ANYONE WENT THROUGH THIS PROCESS PLS HELP?