• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Britsimon banned!!!!

If its a failure on the website it self, like it seemed happen to the other guy(journalist7) why on earth did it fall on simon?!!
At this stage all the probabilities are plausible.!

I'm not sure where you got the impression from that this other person's ban was due to a technical failure though.

I'm not sure where you got the impression from that this other person's ban was due to a technical failure though.

Monica said it was probably a mistake. Perhaps they were trying to ban a username similar to mine and just mistyped the letters P-I-T-B....

I think there is a problem with a module we installed to take care of the spam. I am having this looked at. Stand by.

I think there is a problem with a module we installed to take care of the spam. I am having this looked at. Stand by.

Thank you for the update Mr. Khanna.

I wonder if the module is set to automatically ban any user whose posting frequency falls above a certain threshold? Britsimon posts very frequently because he is a very helpful person.

Thank you for the update Mr. Khanna.

I wonder if the module is set to automatically ban any user whose posting frequency falls above a certain threshold? Britsimon posts very frequently because he is a very helpful person.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I posted a lot yesterday (about 35 posts) - so that might have set off alarm bells and a bot automatically banned me.

Look forward to hearing about that. I must say I would be happy to hear that it was nothing malicious by a humanoid.

I wonder what the posting limit is set at. SirPercy posted 27 times today. I would be sad to wake up tomorrow and find he has been banned too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Members,
We are trying some new modules to enforce stronger and more effective spam management on the forums. Any posts containing words on the "block list" will be placed in moderation. If you are a registered member of the forums and experience any new/unexpected issues when posting messages including a ban, please CONTACT US with details on the issue.
I will keep you updated while I investigate why britsimon got banned.

thanks
Administrator

Hello Members,
We are trying some new modules to enforce stronger and more effective spam management on the forums. Any posts containing words on the "block list" will be placed in moderation. If you are a registered member of the forums and experience any new/unexpected issues when posting messages including a ban, please CONTACT US with details on the issue.

thanks
Administrator

Thank you Monica. I will do my best not to post any of the spam words!

Hello Members,

thanks
Administrator

I would like to thank you for your efficiency, britsimon is an indispensable member in this forum.
Regards

Simon I consider u as a family member , I chat to u more than I do to my wife

I think this is precious! Looking forward to having you back soon Britsimon - my day is not complete without my regular loitering on here and seeing your posts (yes, I am still around).

Fingers crossed they sort it out for you soon Sir

Warm wishes

Qewty

It is truly amazing what a weak minded person will do for a little bit of attention. This particular child has no worthwhile contribution to make and is best ignored.