Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Boston DOL

Hi ,

I received a letter from my lawyer saying that my company needs to post the job posting relating to my position for 10 days. The job posting letter itself is from Boston DOL.

My question to you experts is: is this normal process? If not what does this request from Boston DOL indicate?

Thanks
ss81

NOF to RIR application

My employer just answered an NOF issued from Boston DOL. Does anyone know how they are taking to process NOF rebutals? Any information would be helpful. Anyone got an NOF from Boston?

jifjef said:
NOF to RIR application

My employer just answered an NOF issued from Boston DOL. Does anyone know how they are taking to process NOF rebutals? Any information would be helpful. Anyone got an NOF from Boston?

Hi jifjef,

After Boston office receives the reponse back from your employer, they would feed this information in their system for the officer to verify. It would take approx. one week for this. The day this information is entered in their system, it would take somewhere between 30 to 90 calendar days for the BOSTON office to reply back to your attorney/employer.

I received this information from BOSTON DOL for my case. Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards..

Please, help.

:confused: Hi to everybody.

I've faced a problem. I'm applying for permanent LC through DOL of Maine. My priority date is September 9 - 2004. On January 18 - 2005 after advertising process my application was sent to Boston. I was trying to find out wat is going on with my case - in Maine DOL I was told that case was sent to Philadelphia processing senter. I don't have case number yet. My employer never received 45-day notice letter. How can I find out what is going on with my papers (phone number in Philadelphia 1-484-270-1500 requires 3-digit extention??? or just to leave a message).

Thanks for respond.

usamunda said:
My question is..

If my LC (RIR/EB2 category) gets approved after my 6th year of H1-B visa completion date and i'm out of U.S and staying in my home country, will i be eligible to file I-140/485/EAD/AP from outside U.S.

A friend of mine informed me that i can't file I-485 since i'll out of U.S. I have to opt for Consular Processing from my home country.

YES, Your friend is right. You cannot apply for I-485/AP/EAD if you are not in US.

You have two options

1. Apply for I-140 & then CP (your home country)

2. Go out of US for 1 year, Apply I-140 as soon as you get your LC. Come back to US on a new H1 (after 365 days of leaving) & apply for I-485/EAD/AP

Could you please post your thoughts and any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Boston DOL obsolete after Mar 15?

Hi All,
My employer got a mail from Boston DOL stating that they will process applications only till Mar 15. After that they will forward to Backlog centers? Did anyone get mails like this? My priority date at Boston Dol is Nov 19.

usamunda

we should ask our attorneys to find out if they will process NOF and RFE before sending the applications to the BRC.

Hi Ramana, Could you tell me from which state did you apply for your Greencard. Did you get any notification in writing from Boston DOL that your case is being forwarded to the BEC?

My attorney was telling that labor certification cases at Boston DOL will be processed at Boston DOL for one year before it gets transferred to BEC.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody Non RIR EB3 cases from NH

Hi Guys,
Does anybody, who have applied for Greencard from NH, get their labor certification approved from Boston DOL recently?

Any updates would be helpful. Please specify your Priority Date also.

Thanks!

Boston DOL obsolete after Mar 15?

Will boston DOL process all the applications recieved till march 15 or they will process till march 15 and move the left out applicaitons to BEC. What type of letter your employer rcvd from the Boston DOL, can you please tell us??.

Pramul---

My NH labor forwaded to Boston DOL

My state NON-RIR Labor was forwaded to Boston DOL on jan10 2005. My attorney rcvd the forwarding letter from the NH state labor dept. I am still waiting for my federal labor from Boston.???

Boston DOL is one of the two centers that has been chosen to function as a satellite processing center to help reduce the backlog. If this is so, why would Boston DOL transfer their own cases to the BEC? DOesn't makeany sense at all. Guys this doesn't seem logical, do you have any updates regarding this?

On the other hand, going by what Mr. Pramulreddy just described about the March-15 deadline, does it mean that all the cases that will be submitted before March 15 take one year to process? Any thoughts ???

Thanks!

Hi PramulReddy,
Would you mind letting me know what your priority date is? Did your attorney get any notificatication that the cases from Boston will be forwarded to the BEC after March 15?

Thanks!

CT NON RIR (Regular)

Hi All,

Any one knows what happening CT labor cases?? I have not seen any approval for non RIR cases from CT as so for. No 45 days letters from Phil BEC also. If any one received or approved labor, please post with details..

Thanks
jdk98

It is incredibly difficult to deal with Boston DOL. The lady that answers the phone gives no relevant information; she is like a recorded message. She will talk to you and she is very firendly but her information is not up to date. She won't give you an insight on what's going on at the office. She goes with what her screen tells her.

We need to get our lawyers to penetrate the DOL and ask the important questions. Until when will the cases be processed there?

My employer said they received some letter but I dont believe unless I see it. I am not sure if they are telling the truth or not. I am following up with it. I am hoping that it is not true. If we wait till Mar 15, we should officially know about it. Please enquire your employer and lawyer.

Boston DOL

my question was related to the rammana letter. My attorney rcvd forwarding letter from NH state labor office. My priority date is jan 15 2005. My attorney or my employer did not receive anything abt backlog process from boston.

Regional Processing -BOSTON

labor application was cleared by NH state and forwarded to Regional(BOSTON) on Nov. 18th 2004, does anyone get approval for the this date around..

Thanks in Advance