Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Is MA SESA still rejecting a lot of computer related application?

Hi,
Looks like MA SESA has approved many computer professionals recently. Does the approval need any strict requirements such as high salary etc.? Do we still see many computer related applications get turned down?

For RIR and Non-RIR LC, which one is good for a Hi-tech application now?

Thanks,

nmw

Job Title

Hi,

I am planning to file for my labor at NH. My company suggested that we file with a title of computer programmer to ensure that the wages are in line with the prevailing wages. Can somebody tell me whether the title software engineer or programmer analyst has any advantage over the title of Computer programmer?

Re: Is MA SESA still rejecting a lot of computer related application?

NMW -

I am not aware that MA SESA was rejecting many software-related labor applications in general. I have noticed that they have been rejecting many s/ware *RIR* applications specifically, but do you know that *non-RIR* apps. were also rejected? That would be a sign of big trouble ... please clarify.

My labor is filed as non-RIR, software engineer based on (a) my lawyer's suggestion and (b) trends in rejection of RIRs in this field in the past year or so. Since my case is yet to be processed at Boston DOL, I can't give you concrete experience, but my lawyer seems to think that it should be a breeze to get it approved as non-RIR.

ascii

Originally posted by nomorewait
Hi,
Looks like MA SESA has approved many computer professionals recently. Does the approval need any strict requirements such as high salary etc.? Do we still see many computer related applications get turned down?

For RIR and Non-RIR LC, which one is good for a Hi-tech application now?

Thanks,

nmw

Re: Re: Is MA SESA still rejecting a lot of computer related application?

Originally posted by ascii_boston
NMW -

I am not aware that MA SESA was rejecting many software-related labor applications in general. I have noticed that they have been rejecting many s/ware *RIR* applications specifically, but do you know that *non-RIR* apps. were also rejected? That would be a sign of big trouble ... please clarify.

My labor is filed as non-RIR, software engineer based on (a) my lawyer's suggestion and (b) trends in rejection of RIRs in this field in the past year or so. Since my case is yet to be processed at Boston DOL, I can't give you concrete experience, but my lawyer seems to think that it should be a breeze to get it approved as non-RIR.

ascii

HI ascii,
I have see a lot of RIR software application rejections, but not any non-RIR. I wish non-RIR situation will stay as it is since at least there is some hope for us.

NMW

Software Engineer non-RIR EB3 approved

PD: June, 2002
Recruitement: September, 2003
Approved: OCT 15, 2003

Appreciate the useful information here. Good luck to you guys. See you inI-140 forum.

echemistry,

Thanks for posting your info. Could you give more details? When you said "Recruitment:Sep 2003", was it the date you mailed out recruitment results, or was it the DOL receipt date? (since there seems to be some time lag ,in several other cases, between submission of recruit. results and DOL receiving them).
Also, did you get an acknowledgement from DOL of your application?

Thanks in advance

Looking for pre approved LC.

Hi Guys,

I am desperately looking for pre approved Labor certificate, If any one have any info, please send me mail at this id roni0699@yahoo.com. I am interested in discussing with you and your company persons ASAP.

OR give any maine based company info. I appreciate your help.
Thanks,

I just remember that my boss told me in ealier september that my recruitement results were filed. I don't know the exact time. Hope this help you a little.

All,

Just heard from my Lawyer. My labor has been approved.

Non-RIR, SESA PD July 2002
Rect. results submitted August 2003
Sent to DOL Nov. 2003
Approval 18th Nov.

Good luck to you all and see you in I-140/I485

ST.

to SachinTendulkar

Feels good to write to SachinTendulkar :)
Could you please share more information like:

1. Job Description: S/w engg / Marketing / Analyst etc...
2. Job requirement: MS Computer Science + 2 years?
3. Company Size:
4. If NOF in state or DOL, attorney stance?
Any thing else you want to add.

thanks

1. Job Description: S/w engg / Marketing / Analyst etc...
S/W Engg.
2. Job requirement: MS Computer Science + 2 years?
MS CS or equi.+ 3 years
3. Company Size:
Large
4. If NOF in state or DOL, attorney stance?
No NOF
Any thing else you want to add.

Hope this helps. I heard lot of people are getting approvals easily these days.

ST.

Which state

Hi echemistry,
Congratulations.
Can you please tell me which state you filed your labor in.
Would appreciate your response.
Thanks.

Labor

I am still waiting for my Approval.

recruitment results were filed on august 27 2003.

EB3 , non RIR.

echemistry already got approval when his recruitment was filed on sept.?
i am little confused. can there be so much difference in processing.?

Approved!!

Approved!!!
Labor Certified!!

Filed in CT SESA - 01/2002
RFE - Prevailing wage info - 09/03/2003
Attorney sent Prevailing Wage info to CT SESA - 10/30/2003
CT SESA Approved and sent to Boston DOL - 11/05/2003
Case entered in BOS System - 11/13/2003
LC Certified - 11/20/2003

You guys are really helpful. Wish you all good luck.

See you all soon in I-140/485 Thread.

YESKAYEM.

LC Approved!!!

I didn't post but followed you guys all along.
Hope to give you some info to look for..

Software Engineer in MA
non-RIR EB3 PD 6/10/02
Filed Rect. Report 8/21/03
Sent DOL 10/24/03
Approval 11/20/03

Good Luck!

See you in I140/I485

Congratulations, Bluerose! Wonder why MA SESA takes 2 months to forward the app. to DOL. In any case, it is great to know that DOL is doing a good job (knock-on-wood!) at their end.

non-RIR any idea?

I have an offer with a company based in New Hampshire. As that company does not have any Ads for me to apply under RIR, it is asking me to file my GC LC under non-RIR as the current processing date for NH SESA is Oct 2003. And Boston date is August 2003.

I have a question, does anyone know how much time it takes to clear non-RIR app at SESA compared to that of RIR case. Because the Ads are given under the supervision of the Labor dept and how fast/slow these guys handle the resume screening and all.

Your input is very imp for me to decide on joining this company or not.

Thanks in advance.

memphian,

Given that NH SESA is processing 10/2003 for both RIR and non-RIR applications, I don't see any disadvantage for putting in your application as non-RIR. From other posts in this forum, it seems like NH SESA is pretty prompt in forwarding apps to DOL, etc.

As for the speed and efficiency of putting out the ads and screening resumes, it's up to your employer, since they're the ones who do this. All SESA does is they give specific instructions for where to put the ads, and then forward the resumes received to your employer/attorney (they appear to do this pretty promptly).

Finally, if you are a software professional (and/or your company has had layoffs), it has been quite difficult to get RIRs approved, especially in Boston.

Bottomline -- a non-RIR app. might the safer option with no real disadvantages in given current NH SESA and Boston DOL processing times.