Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Congratulations, bronxboy! Good luck with I140/485.

That means RIRs are currently taking a month or so for approval...
So, it's not surprising if the non-RIRs take 2 months (or more?), I guess.

Onto Boston DOL...

Hi All,

Firstly, I'd like to thank the participants of this Tracker as it has been very helpful to me.

I have been a silent member of this thread so far but wanted to let you know that my case has been transferred to the Boston DOL from Mass SWA last week.

My information is on the signature below.

Thanks - jd_mass

Re: Finally Approved

Originally posted by bronxboy
EB2 RIR
CT SESA PD - 06 Aug 2002
CT Forwarded to Boston DOL : 05 Feb, 2004
Boston DOL Recv Date(Entered in the system): Feb20, 2004
Boston DOL approved: March 17, 2004.

Good luck guys, hope to see all of at 140/485.

Congratulations Bronx Boy !. That's really a great News !.

-Tigris

Re: DOT code?

Originally posted by DesiG
Hey,

I think even though they start processing the cases in sequence, the DOT code might have something to do with how fast it is processed. I think all the cases from December 2003 with IT DOT codes have been decided already - and pretty quick too. But since January, they have been really slow with most cases - do you guys know what your DOT code is, or if in fact that does have anything to do with how fast it is processed?

Umm... just as an example, maids and housekeeping cleaners with DOT codes of 999.372-012 sent into DOL on 2/25 have got it certified on 3/1. Go figure...

Jolpot, can you tell us what your DOL RFE was on?

Thanks,
DG

Hi DesiG,

I don't think so. See the labor approval for bronxboy. His case was entered in the DOL system on Jan 20 and he got his labor .
I still think DOL Labor is moving fast.

Let's hope for the best

thanks-tigris

Originally posted by ascii_boston
Congratulations, bronxboy! Good luck with I140/485.

That means RIRs are currently taking a month or so for approval...
So, it's not surprising if the non-RIRs take 2 months (or more?), I guess.

hi Ascii_boston,

Do you think it matters whether it is a RIR or NON-RIR at Regional DOL Level for labor approval ?

I thought RIR or NON-RIR only matters with the Recruitment efforts that are being taken before filing the labor at STATE Level.

Pls clarify

thanks -Tigris.

Yes, I think it matters. Both DOL and SESA generally process RIR applications faster than non-RIR. You can check this trend out if you look at the Boston (and even other) DOL processing times for RIR vs non-RIR. For eg. the current Boston DOL processing date for RIR is Jan 2004 and for non-RIRs is Dec 2003. Granted that (a) actual dates may be more ahead than this and (b) the difference is only 1 month.

Still there is a difference, i.e. - I think DOL processes RIR apps faster than non-RIR.

How long will it take to hear from DOL

Hi everyone
I am new member to this forum, I see that Tigirs's case is similar to mine..

My info is
EB3- NON RIR
SESA PD - Sep 24, 2002
results of recruitment submitted to SESA- Dec 5, 2003
Forwarded to Boston DOL : Mar 31,2004

Tigris: can you kindly let me know at what stahe your application is at the present?

Can anyone let me know approximately in home many weeks can i expect to hear from DOL?

What si the procedure once LC goes to DOL?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know as to what the process is once the DOL received the LC,,,,do they just approve it based on SESA findings or can they issue a NOF ? ...Please let me know

Re: How long will it take to hear from DOL

Originally posted by bloreboy
Hi everyone
I am new member to this forum, I see that Tigirs's case is similar to mine..

My info is
EB3- NON RIR
SESA PD - Sep 24, 2002
results of recruitment submitted to SESA- Dec 5, 2003
Forwarded to Boston DOL : Mar 31,2004

Tigris: can you kindly let me know at what stahe your application is at the present?

Can anyone let me know approximately in home many weeks can i expect to hear from DOL?

Hi Bloreboy,

1.I am still waiting for my labor to get approved from DOL.

2.I heard from this forum that it takes 3-6 weeks for approval.

3.Yes they can either Approve or ask for NOF

thanks-Tigris

Hi Tigris

thanks for your response....were you able to get a status by calling the DOL...would that be helpful ?

Originally posted by bloreboy
Hi Tigris

thanks for your response....were you able to get a status by calling the DOL...would that be helpful ?

hi Bloreboy,

Rajiv Khanna site has all the information about how to check the status by phone .

I normally check the automated status check by phone once in 2 weeks.

-Tigris.

Hi Guys,
Did any of you hear from DOL so far???

I have a relative whose Labor application moved from RIR to NON-RIR.. Do u guys know what does that mean,when will it happen and what are the implications of it???
ALso he moved from Dalllas to SanJose recently? So what will happen to his priority date (but his emplyer is still the same)

Thanks
Minesw

minesw,

I know that in general the application priority date will remain the same (ie. the PD for the RIR petition) when moved from RIR to non-RIR, so one does not lose the initial place in the labor Queue. This also probably means his company will have to put out ads as per SESA's instructions.

I am not sure about the effect of the relocation to SJ on his labor petition. Why don't you post this in the general Labor forum...someone might have an insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi farhanr,
Congrats. All the best for your 140-485
Canyou give us some insight regarding when ur recruitment results were submitted and when was it sent to DOL?
It would be helpful for the rest of us as there r quiet a few people sailing in the same boat.

Hi Tigris,

Just thought i would share with you all ....When i spoke with the lady at DOL she informed me that they are presently working on March cases...so problably guys who have March PD should hear pretty soon!!!!

My case was RIR and sent to Boston from CT SESA in March and approved on 6th April.
I will go for i-140 and Cosular processing, I don't want to gray my hairs waiting for 485 approval.
Good luck to you.
Regards.

AVM?

Thanks for the update bloreboy and F!

On another note - has anyone tried the AVM lately? - I tried calling yesterday and again today, but the automated system does not pick up! - it just keeps on ringing. Has anyone else tried it recently?

I wish they would just update the online version regularly!

Originally posted by farhanr
My case was RIR and sent to Boston from CT SESA in March and approved on 6th April.
I will go for i-140 and Cosular processing, I don't want to gray my hairs waiting for 485 approval.
Good luck to you.
Regards.

hi Farhan,

Do you feel it is safe to apply thru Consular processing? I heard that there are chances of rejecting a case during CP also ?

Pls let me know your comments.