Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

question about travel

Hi all,

I am planning to file my N400 in january. It looks like 8-10 months wait in a row? what is the rough time line to receive the US Passport finally?

I am wondering, can I travel abroad while N-400 is pending. How it will affect the processing?

Other question I have is, do I need anything like advance parole or something?

Sorry for these stupid questions, which I am desparate to find answers.

All your input will be highly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone

Hi all,

I am planning to file my N400 in january. It looks like 8-10 months wait in a row? what is the rough time line to receive the US Passport finally?

I am wondering, can I travel abroad while N-400 is pending. How it will affect the processing?

Other question I have is, do I need anything like advance parole or something?

Sorry for these stupid questions, which I am desparate to find answers.

All your input will be highly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone

Considering that processing times differ between service centers and applications, it's difficult to determine how long it would take for your application, but be ready for a longer than usual wait. As for travel while n-400 is pending, you can travel as long as your GC is valid.

Received Interview letter finally!

We finally received our interview letters. The interview is on Jan 15th.

Priority Date : April 11, 2007
Finger Prints Done: May, 2007
IL Notice Date: November 20, 2007
Interview Date: January 15, 2008

Hope all others in April boat received their letters too.

Have a quick question for you guys:
We are planning to go to India for six months, and we dont have the IL yet. We might get IL before we leave. We might do the interview before we leave, but there is no way we could wait for OATH. Is there a possibility to ask for specific oath dates after you pass the interview??

Thanks you guys

Have a quick question for you guys:
We are planning to go to India for six months, and we dont have the IL yet. We might get IL before we leave. We might do the interview before we leave, but there is no way we could wait for OATH. Is there a possibility to ask for specific oath dates after you pass the interview??

Thanks you guys

Your can reschedule the oath date one you receive the oath date notice or ask about what dates are available during the interview.

April Pd Will Be Out The Boat Before 12/31/2007

april PD are really getting out the boat

Last edited by a moderator:
My Interview Experience

Hi! All,
I would like to share my interview experience today @ JFK bldg.I arrived @ 0710AM for my 0730am interview appt.My name was called @ 8am.The IO greeted me and told me that he will ask me questions for the writing&reading test & the American/Civic history.I answered correctly all 6 questions taken from the 96 questions,he let me read You drink too much coffee and he let me write Today is a sunny day.He told I passed the test and he let me wait for 5mins. for another interview officer to review my n-400 form.The second interview officer asked my greencard&passport only for identification purposes.He did ask me the yes/no questions on my n-400 form then he let me sign the 2 pictures that I submitted w/my n-400 form and he let me sign the last page of my n-400 form.He gave me N-652(Naturalization Interview Results)and told me to wait for few mins. because they are going to give me my oath taking schedule.They sched.for my oath taking Dec.13,2007 @ 12pm.
Faneiul Hall. My timeline:
PD: Apr.4,2007
FD: May 4,2007
ID: Nov.28,2007
OD:Dec.13,2007:)
I would like to thank all of you on this forum.Good luck to those who are going for their interview and to those waiting for their interview letter.

N-400 Boston Timeline - what a shame

I just noticed this on the home page of the INS website:

"USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed; nearly double the number received in the same period last year. The agency is working to improve processes and focus increased resources, including hiring approximately 1,500 new employees, to address this workload.

As a result, average processing times for certain applications may grow longer. Naturalization applications filed after June 1, 2007 may take approximately 16-18 months to process."

From posts here, priority dates in March took about 7 months, PD's in April are taking about 10 months, so the guess is that May 07 priority dates will process in June 08, and June 07 priority dates process in Oct 08.

Usually INS "processing time" is form Priority date to Interview. Given the extra month for an oath, the June 07 priority dates may not get a chance to vote for president. What a shame.

-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Waiting for interview letter...

Oh man! We were planning on returning to India sometime next July on an OCI.

Dear Friends, is there anything I can do to request them to process our case a little earlier? My priority date is in my signature.

Thanks

touchdown :)
On Nov 28 (three weeks after sending request to Ombudsman) got call from Immigration Agency that my Namecheck is completed and N400 placed into the queue for interviews.
On December 06 - got official Interview Letter for January 23
LUD was not updated

Last edited by a moderator: