Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

appt time was 12 pm but due to flooding roads and rainy day, i decided to take the T to Gov't center instead of driving and checked in at 1145am. my name was called at about 1220pm and i left the bldg at 1250pm.

appt time was 12 pm but due to flooding roads and rainy day, i decided to take the T to Gov't center instead of driving and checked in at 1145am. my name was called at about 1220pm and i left the bldg at 1250pm.

Mail date: 12/29/05 (thurs) via express mail.
check cleared: 1/5/06
notice priority date: 12/30/05
fp notice rec'd: 1/20/06
fp appt date: 2/4/06
interview notice rec'd: 2/23/06
interview date: 4/6/06...(descheduled)
new interview date: 5/15/06 (notice rec'd 3/28/06)
interview done and oath date : 6/23/06 9am at hynes convention center

InfoPASS Appointment

I went in Boston today for an InfoPASS appointment. They said all checks are finished, the file is still at VSC. They canceled the interview because they were overbooked for that day. Both VSC and Boston are scheduling interviews and VSC is doing so without asking Boston if space is actually available. So when Boston got my appointment, they asked Vermont to cancel it.

Very friendly lady at the counter, but was unable to give any estimate as to when to expect interview to be rescheduled.

So back to waiting... :confused:

Pea oath date

Hi Pea,

I finally got my oath date as well on 6/23/2006. Mine says 10:30 am in large black letters on the front. Yours says 9 am? Just want to make sure there's not a mix up. Maybe they are bringing us in as groups?

yes mine says 9am. maybe there'll be tons of people for the ceremony...and are you going to bring any family members to go with?

New Processing Dates

The new processing dates are out, Boston says is processing N-400 filled on or before 1/8/06. Is anybody here with PD before 1/8 that doesn't have an interview date yet?

Oath date

Hello Guys,

I just finished with succes my interview. It was a breeze. The officer was very nice. Oath date June 23, 2006.
Good luck to all! :cool:

Passed interview ...

Went in for my interview yesterday and heaved a deep sigh of relief when I got my oath letter. June 23rd at Hynes Convention Center.

Yayy!! :D

PD: 02/13
FP: 03/18
ID: 5/25
OD: 6/23

Interview notice received ...

PD: 3/17/06
FD: 5/3/06 (done, and checked with FBI, processed same day)
ID Scheduled: 7/10/06 (ND:5/23/06, online status disappeared 5/24, notice mailed 5/25 from Vermont , received 5/27 today)
OD: ??

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nb007. What number did you call the FBI at to confirm that your name check was completed same day?

Thanks,

DR_Z

304-625-5590 follow prompt, works better during normal working hours

dr_z said:
Nb007. What number did you call the FBI at to confirm that your name check was completed same day?

Thanks,

DR_Z

Thanks. I called them. Mine were also processed same day and send back to USCIS.

DR_Z

Here is a quick update on my status..... I have two cases pending. One for myself and one for my wife. We submitted them both at the same time in the same envelope.

My wife has recieved her interview notice. The ND is 8 days after her Fingerprint appointment! Very Fast! Her interview date is 9.5 weeks after her Fingerprint appointment (july).

My case has not moved yet. I have not recieved my Interview date. Even thought I asked for group management when I sent in our N-400. I scheduled an infopass appointment to find out what was going on. It looks like my name check has not cleared (my fingerprints have but my name check has not). I guess I will just have to wait!

QUESTION: The interview date for my wife is in the middle of a trip we have planned where we are traveling out of the country. What experiences have people had in rescheduling the interview? Has anyone done this successfully in boston? If so how far in the future did they schedule the new interview date from the original date? Do you think I should risk trying to change her interview date?

Thanks,

DR_Z

DR_Z:

Could you be more specific on the dates please. I am waiting for an interview letter. When did she do the FP and when did she receive the interview letter and when is the interview (when in July)?

That is a great help.

PD: 4/18/2006 (sent 4/15/2006 US Mail)
FP: 5/09/2006
ID: ???

I was planning a vacation that might be into the third week in July. If they are interviewing people now later than that, then my vacation shouldn't be interupted by an interview.

based on her dates you should be ok.

Anyone have any thoughts on if should try and change her interview date?