Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Congratulations!!

Can you pls post your time line and also if you can give us your opinion as to what you consider is 'good preparation'? I'm scheduled to go in to the interview next month at Boston D.O. myself.

Also - did you drive in to downtown or take the Red/Green line T?

Thx and best wishes :)

our time line is above. we went from mailing the n-400 on january 6 2006 to getting an oath ceremony on MAy 10 2006. That is just 4 months and 4 days! from beginning to end! I will write the vermont service center director a letter of appreciation.

Hi anyone receive interview date notice recently?

PD:2/24/06
FD:3/28/06
Interview Notice Date: ?
Interview Date: ?

Hi everyone,
I just got my interview letter my date are as following:
PD 03/15/06
FP 04/13/06
Interview 06/26/06 Recieved (05/06/06)

Finally, I received the interview notice letter.

PD:2/24/06
FD:3/28/05
Interview Date:6/12/06 (received on 5/6, ND:5/1/06)

Any updates?

backroady -- did USCIS sort out your dup A file problem?
almostcitizen -- you got your interview resched yet?
wwwwwg -- how did 5/1 interview go?

good luck rob_waiter & pea with your upcoming iterviews!

Question - do they let you bring cell phones into the building as long
as you turn 'em off?

I am thinking of taking a T for my upcoming interview and would like to
know if I should leave my cell home or what.

Thx

-------------------------------------------------------
The official cheerleader for Boston DO :D

Boston DO

yes they do allow cell phones. Infact you can also use them in the waiting area. Also try to reach there about 15-20 min before your appointment time. Interviews are in room # E 170

Taking T is the best option. JFK building is right on the greenline government center st. Otherwise there is a parking lot right infront which costs abt $35 for 3 hrs.

Hope this helps.

boston_case said:
yes they do allow cell phones. Infact you can also use them in the waiting area. Also try to reach there about 15-20 min before your appointment time. Interviews are in room # E 170

Taking T is the best option. JFK building is right on the greenline government center st. Otherwise there is a parking lot right infront which costs abt $35 for 3 hrs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch - it does help!!

Best wishes

Oath dates

Hi guys,

Any one that had the interview or will have it next week, please let us know how did it go and if they got an oath day after the inerview.

Thanks a bunch and have a great weekend.

we went to interview today.
The process itself was very smooth
until I heard the unwanted 'security
check is still unfinished'.

so I passed the test, but have fallen
into the black hole I had wished to avoid. Well ... Most likely I will need
several days to digest my profound
disappointment before deciding on
the strategies to move forward.

Oh no!!

Sorry to hear about your case. One wonders if your interview was initially descheduled because of pending name check.

Hope this difficult time passes by for you soon.

macchupicchu said:
Sorry to hear about your case. One wonders if your interview was initially descheduled because of pending name check.

Hope this difficult time passes by for you soon.

Thanks, macchupicchu. The interview itself took
only 2 minutes as my case is so straightforward.
The office was already talking about the oath until
she checked the name checking status. Most likely
the delay is due to my beloved name, which, unfortunately,is as common as John Smith!

well, it appears the route will be either wait
in anxiety for an indefinite time or a hard way, namely, congressman help, inforpass, writ of mandamus, which makes one wonder why people's patriotism deserves such a treatment...

I notice your interview is coming up and would offer my advice. Be confident and make sure you are familiar with all your N-400 answers. Also the officers at Boston are really nice and courteous.

rob

Rob

Hey Rob,

I feel so bad. It sucks... I hope you will get an answer really quick.
Did the officer mentioned what is the next oath day by any chance?

Peace :)

just had interview today and the wait wasn't too bad (about 30 min) and the interview was about 15 min. pretty smooth. got the approval and oath date on 6/23/06.

i'm wondering how long it will take for the oath ceremony? mine will be at hynes convention center at 9am. and can i bring family members there?

what else happened at the interview? What other questions did they ask?

Details Details please....

DR_Z

the officer is very nice. first, she asked me to stand and raise my hand and swear, then she went over the application form and asked me my name, address, tel...etc, when was my last trip outside US, some moral questions (those last sections on the forms)..the yes/no questions..so make sure you read them thoroughly before the interview. and then she asked me to sign my names on the form and the two pics..then came the civic tests...just 6 or 7 questions asked (from those 100 questions only, so don't waste time reading anything else). the questions were generated randomly from her computer. after that, she asked me to read a sentence and to write one sentence. i brought my tax forms, driving records, ...etc. all she needed were passports which she crossed check dates of one of my trip to europe, and green card. of course i didn't bring up my other docs that she didn't ask. and she gave me the oath date right afterwards. the whole thing took just about 10-15 min.

Thanks. Congrats!

What was your timeline? Did she give you a choice for you oath date or did she just tell you when it was? What time was your appointment? What time did you get there? What time did they take you?

Thanks,

DR_Z

P.S. I guess your name check was completed! I guess you did not have mutiple A files!