Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

New Kid in The Block

Hi guys and girls. Just joint the club. My data are as follows:
Application Fed-ex-ed Date: February 10, 2006
Application Received Date: February 13, 2006
Check Cashed Date: February 15, 2006
Receipt Notice Date: February 22, 2006 (Received February 27, 2006)
Priority Date: February 13, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
received interview notice on 2/23 for a 4/6 appointment.
The notice seemed to come from Vermont. In the meantime, the
case status changed to 'case not found'.

Boston is moving very very fast!

Interview Descheduled !?

Just received a notice from INS saying that my interview on 4/13 was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. Any idea what this means? Anybody else had this happened to him/her?

raduilie said:
Just received a notice from INS saying that my interview on 4/13 was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. Any idea what this means? Anybody else had this happened to him/her?

Hi Raduilie, I just got the same thing today :( ......my 4/13 appointment was canxed also.

almostacitizen said:
Hi Raduilie, I just got the same thing today :( ......my 4/13 appointment was canxed also.
I made an INFOPASS appointment for Monday at noon, hope I'll find out more.

raduilie said:
I made an INFOPASS appointment for Monday at noon, hope I'll find out more.

Please post the results if you get a chance.

I did a bit of searching on here and seems it could be a variety of things but nothing definative. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
rob waiter said:
hi, how did your info pass go, raduilie?
I canceled the INFOPASS, the weather was very bad in Boston these days. I called the National Customer Service, they told me (as expected) to wait. If I do not hear anything within a couple of weeks, then I may go to JFK building.

Infopass re descheduled interview

I had an infopass appointment today to try and find out why my interview was cancelled.

The IO checked the front computer and also a back database and came back to tell me I wouldn't like what he had to say, ie that there was nothing to tell!

The only things he could tell me was that VSC cancelled the appointment, not Boston and that my fingerprints had been approved. He said there was no more information in the system so expect to get another appointment within 30 days or check back. Hope this helps others.

rob waiter said:
I bet you will receive a new appointment within at most 2 weeks.
keep us posted.

Will do !

PS: Anyone doing infopass at Boston should try and get the first appointment of the day if poss (7.30am). I had a 7.45am, got there early and they were already backed up! I didn't get out of there until 9am. Seems there are only 2 or so on that early but even at 8am when more agents were added the line didn't move any quicker and the room really filled up. The lovely agents paper shuffle a lot. :p

The weird thing is that 2/19 (the date on the deschedule notice) was a Sunday. Is VSC working weekends? Or was some computer printing forms...

FP Notice arrived in mail today

I was pleasantly surprised to see the FP notice for 3/18 (yes that's Sat.) arrive in mail today.

No mention in the online case status that FP notice has been sent.

02/13/06: PD
03/18/06: FP

Application Fed-ex-ed Date: February 10, 2006
Application Received Date: February 13, 2006
Check Cashed Date: February 15, 2006
Receipt Notice Date: February 22, 2006 (Received February 27, 2006)
Priority Date: February 13, 2006
FP Notice Date: February 28,2006
FP Notice Received: March 4, 2006
FP Date: March 18,2006
Sounds good ;)