Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Hi all ....I am in the early stages but I just wanted to post my time line in my signature to add to the ones already on here (will update as and when!)

Hi,

I just updated my signature timeline .......I received the N-400 receipt yesterday and posted....the FP notice arrived today! I have my FP date set for within a month after I applied - things seem to be moving fast with VSC!

Another time line...

Hi, this is for my wife who is getting her ctzship after 3 yrs of marriage to a US ctzen. We applied exactly 90 days before our third year wedding anniversary.

Application Mailed: Jan 06 (Friday, via Fedex)

Priority Date: Jan 09 (letter Mailed on Jan 19, and received on Jan 21)

FP Date: Feb 10 (letter mailed on Jan 25 and received on Jan 27)

So the Boston Center dates appear to be getting faster! FP date in only 32 days! Actually, the previous post beats this with a FP date in only 31 days!

So my optimistic expectation is Interview in early April and ceremony sometime in June. Any comments on my prediction?

richetta,

Your expectations are perfectly reasonable. The Boston DO has become quite efficient with regards to processing N400 applications. My case is one of the few exceptions though. Check out my timeline:

App Sent: Feb 2, 2005
PD: Feb 4, 2005
FP: Mar 12, 2005
Interview: July 25, 2005
Oath notice: Nov 25, 2005
Oath: Feb 9, 2006

As you can see, my application process took a year from start to finish. Folks who applied months after I did have long since completed the process. Cant complain though cos' the end is in sight.

solasoy

just wanted to join the Boston club by adding my
timelines to this thread.

N400 sent 12/28
pd 12/29
FP sch. 2/3
interview ??
oath ???

the only thing that worries me is that I need to
be out of country in May and June on a business
trip.

any comments on my 'difficult' situation?

Hi Rob,

I am in a similar position as you with travel scheduled. Looks like if you are away less than 2 weeks per trip you should be ok. There are a few posts about this and most say make sure you have someone to check mail for you while you are gone.

Also re passport and fingerprinting....taking your passport as extra ID can't hurt. :)

Another Boston Timeline

This is from a friend.

Priority date - 08/24/05
FP appointment date - 10/13/05 (rescheduled due to travel plan)
FP appointment date - 11/27/05
Interview - 02/02/06
Oath - 04/11/06

Rob, my advice, take things one step at the time. You will know your interview date before May (actually it is probably going to be around two months after your FP date, so it should be some time in April)

Usually, if you pass the interview, they give you the Oath date right there. That should be, based on the experience in this thread, some time in June. If that overlaps with your travel plans then you can decide what to do.

If it were me, I would plan around their dates and not the other way around. They don't like it when people reschedule, so they make it a point to slap you on the wrist when you deviate from the "cookie cutting" proccess. How do they slap you? They will make you wait a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to INS ACS to get FP done on 2/3.
The letter said the time is 11am. So I took a
greenline D to get Goverment center and changed
to a Lechmere train and arrived at the scene around 10:50am.

Waited about 1hour until I got my number called. Technically it was actually difficult to get the FP done. You cannot
press the screen either too hard or too soft. After each FP,
the technicians will call QAs to verify all is in order.
Taking 10 fingers took about 20minutes. But all the staff in Boston were very friendly and helpful.

So i went out of the crowded office around 1pm and sneaked into Chinatown and fed myself there.

Now I wish to have the interview date and the oath date with a daily precision. I have to be outside of this
country between 5/2 and 6/16 (not changeable). So the process can not happen too late or too early.

I will write more once I get my interview done and, hopefully,
when I get my ultimate goal done!

FYI-

Mail date: 12/29/05 (thurs) via express mail.
check cleared: 1/5/06
notice priority date: 12/30/05
fp notice rec'd: 1/20/06
fp appt date: 2/4/06 & done - very long wait at 170 portland st., boston. appt time @9am and won't finish till 10:50am

Done interview today

We (my husband and I) had our interview today, everything went smooth except for the long wait.. Our appointment time was for 12pm, but by the time we got called in it was almost 1:30pm. The procedure was standard and questions from the same list of 100.
Oath date is April 11 in Hynes convention center. Pretty much everyone at today's interview seemed to get the same date for the oath.

All Done!!

My oath ceremony was today (at the Hynes Convention Center). Approximately 2300 people naturalized today, and the ceremony went quite well (a bit too long for my liking). I am so thankful that this long journey is over and I am happy not to ever deal with USCIS again. My timeline is listed below

solasoy

PD: Feb 4, 2005
FP: Mar 12, 2005
Interview: July 25, 2005
Oath: Feb 9, 2005

Internview date April 12 2006 (PD 01/09/2006)

PD 01/09/2006 (mailed on 1/6/06 fedex)
FP 02/10/2006 (Recevied Jan 19/06
Interview 04/12/2006 (received 2/23/06)

Three months and three days from Original mailing of N400 application to interview!
We love DHS!

Yep, just got my notice today and have updated my timeline in my signature. I seem to be matching Richetta's timeline.

The interview day will be 3 days after my 5 year anniversary of PR.

PS Kannad - you are applying this month right?

Mail date: 12/29/05 (thurs) via express mail.
check cleared: 1/5/06
notice priority date: 12/30/05
fp notice rec'd: 1/20/06
fp appt date: 2/4/06
interview notice rec'd: 2/23/06
interview date: 4/6/06 (thursday)

Interview Notice Received

Sent N-400 on 1/9/2006 to VSC.
Priority Date 1/12/2006
FP taken 2/11/2006.
Received interview appointment yesterday, for 4/13/2006.

They seem to be moving fast!