Became current ON June 1st? Please post updates here ...

PD Sept'2002 EB3 India
RD Nov'2004
Last FP May'2005
Center:TSC

The desciption is still the same except for the LUD change.

Looks like they are working on your case. You should get a message change within couple of days. Call TSC if you can't wait.

Sent you a PM

Since my PD became current today, I scheduled an Infopass and attended it today.

The lady was extremely courteous and told me that the case was x-fer'd to TSC. She printed out my info and told me she is going to send an email to TSC and ask for further details and see what's holding up the approval. She asked me to come by again on Tuesday or Wednesday as she expects to have answers by then.

I did not ask for any further info. I thought it's prudent of me to leave while she gets the info and come back a few days later when I'd have another opportunity to ask her the questions pertaining to namecheck etc. Hopefully she'll have more answers then compared to the no. of questions I have at the given moment.

I've scheduled another InfoPass for 11am Wednesday June 6th.

On a lighter note:
I was the only one in the DHS/INS/USCIS office at 11am! I guess Maine is not a hotspot for immigrant folks :)

---------
EB3 (India) : PD: Sep-2001

Buddies,

I am current too but my "Name Check is Pending". Initiated the service request a week back. I read somewhere long back that the max time for FBI name check was 2 year and I have applied my 485 more than 2 1/2 years back. I was under the impression that my name check would have been done.

But I am very lucky with troubles, they will find me no matter what. First the labor and now this Name Check BS.

I contacted the TSC again and this time the person told me that my case is in the process of being allocated to an officer for review and that the Name Checks has been completed.
In the morning the person i was speaking was totally uncoperative and would only tell me that my file was not yet being allocated to any officer.Also in the afternoon through infopass at local office came to know that my case is "pending some checks". I dont know what to believe and do :confused:

Regards.

Fone numero

What numbers are you guys calling to find current status?

I contacted the TSC again and this time the person told me that my case is in the process of being allocated to an officer for review and that the Name Checks has been completed.
In the morning the person i was speaking was totally uncoperative and would only tell me that my file was not yet being allocated to any officer.Also in the afternoon through infopass at local office came to know that my case is "pending some checks". I dont know what to believe and do :confused:

Regards.

got RFE

nothing happened on my case, my wife's case had an update, with the following message.

Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.

On June 1, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Priority date: october 2003, EB2, I-485 applied march 05

saras

Guys
I have contacted my local congressman around 10 days back and have not heard anything from them. My PD is current, should I call USCIS and initiate a service enquiry or just wait.

Please suggest....saras76 and others, your inputs would be appreciated.

TSC phone number

guys and gals,
is there a specific number for texas service center? how do u get in touch with immigration officer from TSC in particular as some folks have done today.

thanks

I can't get through the phone system...

...ahh, now I know why! You guys have the lines jammed :) Suddenly June 1st brings with it thousands of callers, and makes for some very unhappy USCIS representatives. They are not used to so many calls or queries in one day asking "are we there yet?" But, we all want that approval today, right? :) I wonder if USCIS starts putting these calls in a queue that itself starts to run into hours, if not days...

Jokes aside, IMHO, I have decided to not call or initiate any inquiries for at least two weeks or so. Regardless of where the case may be stuck, I don't expect an immediate moving forward or a fun-filled letter (with what may feel like a card inside) in the mail anytime soon.

In two weeks, I will do a casual inquiry to see what's going on. If called for yet another interview, I'll do so, but I will not bother with INFOPASS either. Heck, after waiting for 6+ years, a few weeks/couple of months is no problem.

Current as of today

Dont see any LUD changes as of now. Applied for EAD/AP this week. hopefully somebody will look into my case :) .

Keep you posted
PD: 08/2002

...ahh, now I know why! You guys have the lines jammed :) Suddenly June 1st brings with it thousands of callers, and makes for some very unhappy USCIS representatives. They are not used to so many calls or queries in one day asking "are we there yet?" But, we all want that approval today, right? :) I wonder if USCIS starts putting these calls in a queue that itself starts to run into hours, if not days...

Jokes aside, IMHO, I have decided to not call or initiate any inquiries for at least two weeks or so. Regardless of where the case may be stuck, I don't expect an immediate moving forward or a fun-filled letter (with what may feel like a card inside) in the mail anytime soon.

In two weeks, I will do a casual inquiry to see what's going on. If called for yet another interview, I'll do so, but I will not bother with INFOPASS either. Heck, after waiting for 6+ years, a few weeks/couple of months is no problem.

yes, please dont call a lot. just like we have priority dates for our cases, we will have 'priority time' for our call

Approved

hi all,

nothing happened all the day, and i just checked my email, and 2 approval notices were sent to me late in the evening....
so hopefully, this should be the end of this journey.
good luck to all.

pd october 2003, eb2, i-485 rec'd march 05, rfe sep 05.

tans

dcmetro22042 said:
I became current as of today as well. I have taken an InfoPass for 4th and shall update you guys.

If one is preAdjucated -- what's the use of infoPass...?

:)

hi all,

nothing happened all the day, and i just checked my email, and 2 approval notices were sent to me late in the evening....
good luck to all.

tans

Congratulations ...

Good Luck to all...

NSC or TSC?

hi all,

good luck to all.

tans

tanstheman,

Congrats on your approval. Can you kindly let us know which service center your case was in. TSC or NSC? So far we have only seen approvals from NSC.
thanks,

saras

Called TSC yesterday, the lady I spoke to mentioned since I am in US already, PD doesnt matter. But my case was going exceptionally slow (didn't give me any details!). Just wondering how PD was irrelevant, just initiated a enquiry and hung up -:(