Became current ON June 1st? Please post updates here ...

I called USCIS processing center 10 minutes back. One reasonable person came on phone and discussed my case (I-485) patiently with me.

My PD is Aug 2001 VSC. My case was transferred to TXC in March 2007. This transfer put a new "processing date" on my I-485. So, although I filed for my I-485 years back at VSC, my processing date as per TXC is March 2007. Current processing date for I-485 (employment) at TXC is Sept 2006. So, I am stuck in the worst possible scenario: Now that the Priority Date is current, processing date is not current. And hopefully when Processing Date will be current, Priority Date will be retrogressed once again. LOL

I hope that this explains why some old timers (like myself) are not seeing any change in the application.

I 485 Transfered cases processing date is determined by the initial submission date to USCIS and not the Transfer date.

counting from when USCIS received i

You may see some update in few day.

Good luck.

Not correct...

I called USCIS processing center 10 minutes back. One reasonable person came on phone and discussed my case (I-485) patiently with me.

My PD is Aug 2001 VSC. My case was transferred to TXC in March 2007. This transfer put a new "processing date" on my I-485. So, although I filed for my I-485 years back at VSC, my processing date as per TXC is March 2007. Current processing date for I-485 (employment) at TXC is Sept 2006. So, I am stuck in the worst possible scenario: Now that the Priority Date is current, processing date is not current. And hopefully when Processing Date will be current, Priority Date will be retrogressed once again. LOL

I hope that this explains why some old timers (like myself) are not seeing any change in the application.

Not correct. The initial ND is the actual notice date and not the transfer notice date. I confirmed this from one of the service center representative some time back when my case was transferred to TSC from VSC and same thing has been verified by others also in this forum. GC_Blackhole got approval notice yesterday and his/her case was transferred to TSC from VSC on 03/02/2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

Not correct. The initial ND is the actual notice date and not the transfer notice date. I confirmed this from one of the service center representative some time back when my case was transferred to TSC from VSC and same thing has been verified by others also in this forum. GC_Blackhole got approval notice yesterday and his/her case was transferred to TSC from VSC on 03/02/2007.

I hope this is true. Although, I have become so numb by this long excruciating delay of 6 years that I was ready for even additional 6 months.

Does approval for some blow USCIS' FIFO theory out of the water?

Congrats to Craver! But looking at his PD and I-485 RD, it is clear that USCIS MOFOs (pardon my french; and don't ask me to explain it) have once again trashed the FIFO procedure that we have hoped they would follow.

Several people, including myself from mid-2001 who have completed every formality (apparently), cleared name checks, have been interviewed, and have been waiting patiently for years for a Visa number, are sitting and twiddling thumbs, while filers whose PD's are year older, and who filed I-485 upto two years later, are receiving their approvals. (PS: nothing against your approval Craver; please enjoy your new found freedom).

How does this discrepancy happen? And before you think that I'm venting because I think I deserve a GC before a filer who applied after me, consider this: I have two friends who are about a year before me, and they haven't received their GCs, even though both have been current for almost half-a-year. I am absolutely fine and willing to wait until after they have received their GCs. It's only fair. What do you tell them with cases like Craver who are at least two years after them? NOT FAIR.

Oh, gullible me! To think that USCIS is a fair agency and holds some values or principles to go by. It is the most backward and inefficient system this country has ever seen. So, we'll wait and watch some more. And then wait some more.

Looks like they are going by the 485 ND now for all those who are current rather than PD :confused: .. I tell this by observing the signatures of the approved people... Craver has a notice date of April 2004 and Grandhipal has an RD of Dec 2004.. which explains it..

Guys correct me if I'm wrong... Guys taking infopass can get this aspect clarified from the Officer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is the assurance given by USCIS to AILA as reported by immigration-law site.

03/03/2007: Ongoing 485 Transfers from VSC to TSC for East Cases and from CSC to NSC for West Cases

* Immigrants are reporting that their pending I-485 applications have lately been transferred from VSC or CSC to either TSC or NSC depending on where they are located. This report is consistent with the Phase III of Bi-Specialization Program. There also were some reports that these immigrants had received a confusing information from the officials as to the processing queue of their cases in the TSC or NSC, but the NSC and TSC have consistently reported in the AILA liaison meetings that they would keep the original processing queue before the transfers. Obviously such transfers and maintenance of queues may affect the processing times for I-485 cases and I-485 processing times for NSC and TSC.
* The USCIS has yet to announce the exact date of launch of the Phase III Bi-Specialization Program, but pending the launch of Phase III program, some confusion may continue to arise for pending petitions and applications. Immigrants should bear with the USCIS to help them to complete its reengineering process successfully.

I called the customer service a few times in the recent past, both times, I was asked of the 485 RD instead of priority date. That was weird and I had to double - triple check before I gave it to them just to make sure they do not think that my 485 RD is same as my priority date.

Looks like they are going by the 485 ND now for all those who are current rather than PD :confused: .. I tell this by observing the signatures of the approved people... Craver has a notice date of April 2004 and Grandhipal has an RD of Dec 2004.. which explains it..

Guys correct me if I'm wrong... Guys taking infopass can get this aspect clarified from the Officer...

Posting it again here -

Hello all, got my 485 approval e-mail today.
I am done with it.

Thank you all for the support. I really really appreciate it.

"On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service"

-ac
PD 11/2001 (actually I learned it is 12/2001 just now)
concurrent filing 485 140 9/2004
140 approved almost 2 years ago
about to get my 3rd EAD and AP
FP and Bio done.

Posting it again here -

Hello all, got my 485 approval e-mail today.
I am done with it.

Thank you all for the support. I really really appreciate it.

"On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service"

-ac

did you get any LUDs prior to approval?

no other e-mails LUDs - just the approavl today

Hello MA_Labor,

No, no LUDs, just the approval e-mails 2 of them actually.

-ac

Hello MA_Labor,

No, no LUDs, just the approval e-mails 2 of them actually.

-ac

That's great... enjoy your freedom. Do you mind posting additional details.
  • Was your 485 transferred? If so what's the transfer date?
  • What are your FP dates?
  • What's your 485 ND?

VSC->TSC, PD 2002 getting approvals now

I see atleast 3 people today with case transfer from VSC -> TSC and PD in 2002 got approval email today. Is it indicative of any trend? Anyway congrats to all of them.

My 485 was with TSC from the beginning.
I had one in 2005 and one just last month 5/07
485 notice date, I believe it was 9/2004 but due to some
adjustment FP fee they uscis "properly" filed it in 12/2004.

By the way, I concurrently filed 485 140.
I hope this helps.

Hi all ,

We just got 2 emails( for my husband & me)

Case \-1)( Primary applicant)
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485
APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please
follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive
the notice, call customer service.

Case \-2) (me)
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions
on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within
60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you
move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

It looks like after 7 years of loooooong and frustrating wait , we are
almost there, well, at least one of us as the second notice is not yet
clear to me (see above ADIT ??).

Once again good luck to all of us.

Approved email received

Hello Friends,

We (wife & self) received the approved and card ordered emails yesterday.
We are happy. Thanks for all your support.
Good luck to everyone.

Regards,
Sankar
:D

LUD just changed ..

Guys and Gals,

I just saw a LUD change on mine and my wifes case. No email or change in message yet. Hoping for the best.

cheers,

saras

Hey Saras - just wanted to say that I wish you the best, of all the stories on the site, yours always seemed th most frustrating, but you never complained and rolled with the punches as best you could.

Good luck!