JustWatching said:
ern2005 - updated
Chicago-case - updated
Dilbert_cal - updated (RIR?)
omnits - added
DudeItsGC - added
PandurangPandye - added

NOTES
PLEASE CHECK YOUR INFORMATION TO MAKE SURE 'RIR' OR 'REGULAR'. I WANT TO REPORT ON THIS INFO SOON!
b

NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Sorry for missing out the info - My case is an EB3 RIR.

JustWatching,
Thx for all your effort...appreciate it much!!
A friend of mine: Prab64...his info is as under:

1st gc:
STATE SWA: CA
EB2 or EB3: EB2
RIR or Regular: RIR
PD - Priority date: Sept-02
RD - JUly-03
Regional DOL: SFO
New BEC Case no.: Not known
45-day letter Date received: No

2nd gc:
STATE SWA: Kansas
EB2 or EB3: EB3
PD - Priority date: June-04
RD - July-04
Regional DOL: Chicago
45-day letter Date received: Mar-21st replied: Mar-23rd.

A word of appreciation to all who contribute & a special word of thx to Icarus & ZB!!
Its not that what we do here is going to push things at any level...just that the info helps us in getting a feel of how things are & maybe, help in look at things more practically...:)

rgds,
LFGC
CO-EB3-Reg-Mar-02-BPC-D-Dec-04-No 45 day ltr

Update

JustWatching:

Here are my details. Please update the tracker. Thanks again for all the great work you are doing on this forum.

VA SWA
EB3 RIR
20/AUGUST/2004
NO TRANSFER (Did not make to Philly Regional Office)
45 Days Letter Received: NO
New BPC Case#: Not known yet

Update

Thanks for adding me to the list..
my case is EB2 and priority date is 11/03/04.

Thanks

Pl. add my data to Tracker

Please add my information to the tracker:
State: CA
Category: RIR EB3
PD: June 2004
RD: NO TRANSFER
45 day letter recieved: NO

Thanks !

Great job JustWatching.

Please update my info

Tracker has all other information except "EB2"

Thanks

Predicting Approximate LC Approval

Here is last "OFFICIAL" word that came from DOL from murthy.com. This points clearly to DOL's intention of processing by true FIFO.

Processing Cases by First-In / First-Out (FIFO)

"Though cases at the BECs will be sorted into RIR and regular labor certification cases, the DOL advised that they are making every effort to get the cases with the oldest priority dates processed first, regardless of whether they are RIR or regular."

I think if we have case breakdown by year/month for all 250,000 cases (including RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA all of them-remember initial analysis done by Zany only included regional cases), we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. I need help from JustWatching, Icarus, Zany_Brainy, gp111 and other gurus to get to that. Thanks in advance.

fastergcwanted said:
I think if we have case breakdown by year/month for all 250,000 cases (including RIR/NON-RIR/Regional/SWA all of them-remember initial analysis done by Zany only included regional cases), we probably can estimate approximate time assuming 200 analyst working on 250,000 cases. I need help from JustWatching, Icarus, Zany_Brainy, gp111 and other gurus to get to that. Thanks in advance.

Let me start with... this information does not exist...yet.

Here is a suggestion though....

1) Let's focus on RIR for now.

2) Before the whole BPC thing, this was the following status:

SWA processing 2004:

Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Alabama, Harrisburg, Georgia, Guam, Ohio, Philadelphia, Iowa, South Dakota, Missouri, North Dakota, Wyoming, Florida, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Louisiana, Minnesota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Kansas, Idaho, North Carolina, Vermont, Montana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, Maine, West Virginia, Arizona

SWA processing 2003:

Hawaii, Alaska, Connecticut, Oregon, Virginia, Michigan, Massachusetts, Delaware, Texas, Nevada, Utah, California.

SWA processing 2002:

Maryland, New Jersey, Washington, Oklahoma, Colorado

SWA processing 2001:

DC, Indiana, Arkansas, New York

3) Zany, using the Access databases get me the following info:

# of Washington DC RIR cases with PD January 2001
# of Indiana RIR cases with PD January 2001
# of Arkansas RIR cases with PD May 2001
# of New York RIR cases with PD June 2001

This should give us an average number of cases each of these SWAs got in a normal month. If you want to do additional numbers to validate the average that would be even better.

4) Do the math:

# of Washington DC cases per month X 8 +
# of Indiana cases per month X 8 +
# of Arkansas cases per month X 6 +
# of New York cases per month X 3 =

# number of 2001 RIR cases in SWA

We would then do the same for 2002, 2003 and 2004 SWAs.

JustWatching said:
Let me start with... this information does not exist...yet.

Thanks, this should be a good place to start. Although question for you, access database only has regional cases, are you saying we just use that to get average cases in a normal month with SWA? Or I am not getting this?

Zany can you pls provide the info JustWatching mentioned here?

My details

My details are
1st gc:
STATE SWA: CA
EB2 or EB3: EB3
PD - Priority date: June-02
RD - JUly-03
Regional DOL: SFO
45-day letter Date received: No :confused:

fastergcwanted said:
Thanks, this should be a good place to start. Although question for you, access database only has regional cases, are you saying we just use that to get average cases in a normal month with SWA? Or I am not getting this?

Zany can you pls provide the info JustWatching mentioned here?

Yes the # of cases by PD at Regional by state would be the number of cases submitted at SWA (minus denied at State, but it should be close)

My Info

Hi,

Please can you update my info?

STATE SWA: NJ
EB2 or EB3: EB2
PD - Priority date: June-2002
Regional DOL: No
New BEC Case number: No
45-day letter Date received: No

Thank you very much.
GC!

My Info

State: MI, Non-RIR
PD: May, 2002
RD: N/A
Dallas BRC
45-Day Letter: Not received :eek:

Zany_Brainy said:
Lets put all our PDs here

We will try to come up with a likely situation of where we stand in the queue.

My Information:

Case : RIR - CA - EB2
PD: May 1 2002
RD: May 28 2003

Please provide your information in this format too.

Thanks
ZB

STATUS SO FAR (from the posts here):

Regional

RIR Earliest PD MAY 2002

TR Earliest PD SEP 2002

State

RIR Earliest PD Aug 2001

TR Earliest PD SEP 2002

Updated Tracker

dilbert_cal - updated
Prab64 - added (friend of lfgc)
The_Enquirer - updated
sselva69 - added
renec - updated
Silver_Lining - added
renjun - updated
kcnagaraju - added
IsGCWorth - added
MI_NonRIR - added

NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Processing Estimates

Hello all,

Attached is a spreadsheet for processing ESTIMATES.

Let me REPEAT, THESE ARE ESTIMATES!

What I did

1) I took the Access databases posted on flcdatacenter.com and ran a report to get cases by state by month.

2) I then looked at the last "processing dates" report for each SWA. I then took 4 months prior of # of cases and averaged them out. This is the estimate by state of how many LC applications they get on any NORMAL month (ie no anomalies like 245(i). I know this is a Regional database but I took older months that would have completely moved from SWA to Regional, hence calculating how many cases were originally filed at SWA. I'm obviously missing any case that was denied at the SWA level.

3) I then ran that across from 2001 to 2004. So yes Jan '05 to Mar '05 were ignored.

Conclusions

1) Regular (non-RIR) # of cases in SWA cannot be estimated. Too many states were still stuck in April 2001 and averages don't apply to this month. There are NO PROCESSING ESTIMATES for Regular in the attached spreadsheet.

2) As I said, I'm estimating. I came out with about 90,000 RIR cases in SWAs (somewhere I heard that RIR is about 1/3 of cases, if this is true then this estimate is close). If this ratio is incorrect then so are the attached estimates.

3) There are significantly more RIR SWA cases going to Philly than Dallas. I think this will be compensated by the fact that Dallas BPC got California SWA and there are probably a ton of Regular cases there.

How to use the spreadsheet

"Dates" tab - has the last processing dates that I had. It also has the # of cases average by state (calculated as described above).

"RIR" Tab - Estimates of # of cases by month split by BPC (scroll down to see Philly BPC)

"Regular" tab - This was MY ATTEMPT at estimating Regular cases. I believe this tab is of LITTLE OR NO USE as estimates are probably grossly underestimated.

"Phila Estimate RIR" - This tab estimates when your case will be processed in the Philadelphia BPC. IT ASSUMES RIR SWA is its own queue. You have control over when processing will start (cell C4), # of analysts (cell C1), # of cases / day / analyst (cell C2). Play with those variables then look for your PD below and it will tell you when to expect approval.

"Dallas Estimate RIR" - This tab estimates when your case will be processed in the Dallas BPC. IT ASSUMES RIR SWA is its own queue. You have control over when processing will start (cell C4), # of analysts (cell C1), # of cases / day / analyst (cell C2). Play with those variables then look for your PD below and it will tell you when to expect approval.

ONE MORE TIME, THESE ARE ESTIMATES NOT ACTUAL COUNTS. FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY

Last edited by a moderator:
my info

Please update the tracker with my info...

FL SWA
RIR
PD 01/02/04
45-day letter on 04/05/05
Philly BEC Case # P-05012-XXXXX

Thanks!

Please update my info

JustWatching,
Please update my information. Thank you very much for your great work!

PD: March 24, 2004
ETA Case Number: D-05098-XXXXX
BEC letter replied: April 20/2005

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

Attached is a spreadsheet for processing ESTIMATES.

Great job JustWatching...It's probably the closest we can get to the estimate from what we know. How closer you think regular be approximately from these dates..given that DOL maintains they will shift their resources to keep RIR/NON-RIR close to each other.

Thanks for nice work.

fastergcwanted said:
Great job JustWatching...It's probably the closest we can get to the estimate from what we know. How closer you think regular be approximately from these dates..given that DOL maintains they will shift their resources to keep RIR/NON-RIR close to each other.

Thanks for nice work.

Here is what I think:

-Based on history SWA cases are underestimated by about 18%. 18% is the average number of cases that does not make it to Regional.
-In 1/1/2002 there were 235,000 245(i) cases pending. Seems like about 80,000 have made it to Regional since then. So that would leave me with about 150,000 cases.

So:

67,000 (Cases in DOL)
90,000 (my RIR SWA estimate) +
17,000 (18% understimate added back) +
50,000 (my Regular SWA estimate) +
9,000 (18% underestimate added back) +
150,000 (unprocessed 245(i) cases) =

383,000 cases.

This is about 60,000 more cases than the backlog estimates so now I'm overestimating numbers. If we take the additional 60,000 away from the 150,000 245(i) number. We are left with 90,000 245(i) cases.

These 90,000 cases (or whatever the number is) would most likely be Regular cases from April 2001. Unfortunately I have no way of splitting this number by BPC. If you split in half just for kicks, you could use that to try to estimate.

This is why it's hard to estimate the Regular backlog progress.