BEC Priority Date Tracker

Do more Math!!!!!

Hi, Just watching,

I am looking your math game for while. Very good do more analysis and try to show there is no backlog at all. How is that? Having fun getting close to your approval. It make sense to play game for the New yorker not for other states having pain on the Butt!!!

Good luck
:eek:

JustWatching said:
Here is what I think:

-Based on history SWA cases are underestimated by about 18%. 18% is the average number of cases that does not make it to Regional.
-In 1/1/2002 there were 235,000 245(i) cases pending. Seems like about 80,000 have made it to Regional since then. So that would leave me with about 150,000 cases.

So:

67,000 (Cases in DOL)
90,000 (my RIR SWA estimate) +
17,000 (18% understimate added back) +
50,000 (my Regular SWA estimate) +
9,000 (18% underestimate added back) +
150,000 (unprocessed 245(i) cases) =

383,000 cases.

This is about 60,000 more cases than the backlog estimates so now I'm overestimating numbers. If we take the additional 60,000 away from the 150,000 245(i) number. We are left with 90,000 245(i) cases.

These 90,000 cases (or whatever the number is) would most likely be Regular cases from April 2001. Unfortunately I have no way of splitting this number by BPC. If you split in half just for kicks, you could use that to try to estimate.

This is why it's hard to estimate the Regular backlog progress.

Here is a suggestion...what if we don't break them down by BPC? It's not absolutely necessary right..as long as we assume total 200 analysts working. And as far as we know both BPCs are going to pull cases from the single queue from the same system. I know there would probably be separate queue for RIR. But, from what they say it seems they will try and balance them by reallocating resources. So, there is logically only one queue as far as we are concerned....(assumption)

So, what I am thinking is that would it work if we keep all the cases combined for both BPCs and then do analysis based on 200 analysts? This would make it lot easier and it will average out errors in calculation. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you come with these numbers?

Where do you get the number of analysts (200) and the average number of cases they can process daily? Because a very slight change in these numbers can change things a lot. Like what if the number of analysts is 150 and they can only process 4 cases a day instead of 6 or 8?

Just wandering...

JustWatching: Great job with the tracker and these math games by the way.

Great solution for FIFO

Hi,

Let propose BEC/BPC to mix every file together like "velmix" and then close their eyes and pick one file like :D DV :D then process it.

:D

triniti said:
Where do you get the number of analysts (200) and the average number of cases they can process daily? Because a very slight change in these numbers can change things a lot. Like what if the number of analysts is 150 and they can only process 4 cases a day instead of 6 or 8?

Just wandering...

JustWatching: Great job with the tracker and these math games by the way.

Well, 100 analysts per BPC has already been published by DOL. So, that's a fact. But, yes 6 cases per day is an assumption and can change. But, we are only trying to come up with best estimate when BPCs are not disclosing any more details.

One more...

Hi,
Please add my info to the list of "long sufferers"
STATE SWA: Georgia (Atlanta)
EB2 or EB3: EB2
RIR or Regular: RIR
PD - Priority date: 12/12/02
RD - Regional receipt date: 06/02/03
Regional DOL: Atlanta
New BEC Case no.: Not received
45-day letter Date received: Not received

pls. add my spouse's colleagues' details to the list

STATE SWA: NY
EB2 or EB3: EB3
RIR or Regular: NON-RIR
PD - Priority date: 4/30/2001
RD - Regional receipt date: ___
New BEC Case no.: P05018*****
45-day letter Date received: received

New and Improved Estimate Sheet

Hi all,

I have modified the RIR Estimate spreadsheet.

It now has three scenarios:

1. Regional RIR cases processed first, then SWA RIR cases
2. Combined Regional and SWA RIR cases processed by PD
3. SWA RIR gets its own queue.

Remember these are estimates, I have guessed on:

1. Volumes of cases at SWA
2. Number of analysts assigned to queues
3. # of cases / analyst.
4. Processing start date

So it really is more guessing than estimating, but enjoy anyway!

There is one scenario sheet per BPC that compares when your case would be processed depending on the scenario adopted by BPC.

JustWatching,

Could you please help?

Starting which date NY SWA forwarded cases to BEC? Was it October 1? Did NY Regional forward cases to BEC?

My case was sent to NY SWA August 20, 2001. My employer called NY Regional DOL but they said they didn't have my case there and suggested it went to Philadelphia BEC. But your spreadsheet lists RIR cases from October 1, not earlier. So, I am fuck$#%$ frustrated where my case is, and if it makes sense to wait for 45-day letter.

krage_2002 said:
JustWatching,

Could you please help?

Starting which date NY SWA forwarded cases to BEC? Was it October 1? Did NY Regional forward cases to BEC?

My case was sent to NY SWA August 20, 2001. My employer called NY Regional DOL but they said they didn't have my case there and suggested it went to Philadelphia BEC. But your spreadsheet lists RIR cases from October 1, not earlier. So, I am fuck$#%$ frustrated where my case is, and if it makes sense to wait for 45-day letter.

krage,

NY SWA was processing October 2001 when the whole BPC (BEC/BRC) thing started. I spoke to SWA staff back then and they said they had made it to mid-OCtober or so (not a hard date). I have downloaded the databases with Regional cases. and there are cases from after that date (but not mine, I actually called this morning to verify). So the the October date is not a solid date.

Your case could be from August and have very well been shipped to BPC. Did you look in the flcdatacenter database to see if your case is there? IF you would like send me a PM with your PD and attorney's name I will look it up for you to see if it's there. Employer name would also be helpful but if you don't want to share I can probably find it (or not) without it.

PD 10/1/2001 approved from NYDOL on 4/12/05

My spouse's LC was approved on 12th of this month. It was an opened case and after responding to the query, there was no news until we got the approval news. We also thought that the labor went to BPC. But the lawyer told that the approval was from NYDOL.

Thanks.

EB-3/Non_RIR
PD Nov-2002
SWA - KS
RD- n/a
45-days letter - waiting ..
can Anybody guess what would be the wait time ?
Can you add me into the database

Please add me to tracker

STATE SWA -- NJ
EB2 or EB3 -- EB3
RIR or Regular -- RIR
PD - Priority date -- JUNE-02
RD - Regional receipt date - "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. --
45-day letter Date received -- Not Yet

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Updated Tracker

keepingfaith - updated
GC Chicago JP - updated (Can you send me PM with two more digits on your ETA #, I won't post it, I just want to check progress of data entry, Thanks!)
waitlinglist2003 - added
svnlogin - added
mudra1234 - added (CONGRATULATIONS! You are 45-day letter #300 in the tracker)
invitro - added
Waiting_GC_KC - added
gcislife - added

NEW DIRECTIONS: PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES. I WILL UPDATE THE TRACKER. I AM STILL CAPTURING STUFF FROM OTHER FORUMS SO IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no.
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

PS If you want to Estimate your approval, there is an Estimate (read Guess) spreadsheet on Pg. 48 of this forum.

My info

MD SWA
RIR
PD: 7/19/2002
RD: NO TRANSFER
45 days letter: not yet :(
New case no: not known :(

Add my info please

JustWatching,
Please add my info when you get a chance.

PD: January 2002
State: Oklahoma
RD: Recd in Dallas DOL office in December 2003
45 Date letter: Replied January 07, 2005
Case #: D-04264-XXXXX

Thanks for the superb job you are doing.

Regards,
raydhan.

RAYDHAN said:
JustWatching,
Please add my info when you get a chance.

PD: January 2002
State: Oklahoma
RD: Recd in Dallas DOL office in December 2003
45 Date letter: Replied January 07, 2005
Case #: D-04264-XXXXX

Thanks for the superb job you are doing.

Regards,
raydhan.

JustWatching,
Forgot to add that My case is RIR.

Thanks.