BEC Priority Date Tracker

hi rsaani

can you tell us which backlog center certified your case. I guess it must be Dallas BEC ...

please let us know

Please update for me calabor2001 - in DallasBEC (confirmed by lawyer but won't provide anymore detail. :( )

- WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER[/QUOTE]

Updated Tracker

rsaani - added (CERTIFIED)
Frankappa - updated (CERTIFIED)
blues22 - added
dzh1234 - added
dc4opera - added
roddy - updated
calabor2001 - updated

Tracker now includes more than 800 cases

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
Regional DOL

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

For JustWatching

First of all thanks for the spreadsheet. I am seeing lot of ppl reporting "Fina; Review" as the status in PBEC forum. In many people's opinion it is very close to being certified. Does it make sense to put "Final review" as one of the status in the tracker ? Just a suggestion. Thanks again for your great work.

JustWatching said:
blues22 - added
dzh1234 - added
dc4opera - added
roddy - updated
calabor2001 - updated

Tracker now includes more than 800 cases

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
Regional DOL

Add my info into the tracker

CA SWA, PD 10/29/2002
SF DOL RD: 11/1/2003
ETA: P-04358-xxxxx
45 Letter: 2/11/2005
RIR, EB2, PBEC

Add my info...

STATE SWA - TWC (Dallas BEC)
EB3
TR(filed as RIR but in BEC system showed as TR)
PD - 11/19/2002
RD - "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL - Never reached
New BEC Case no. - T-05223-02xxx
45-day letter Date received - No 45-day letter received yet
Case Status - INCOMPLETE

atyagi73 said:
First of all thanks for the spreadsheet. I am seeing lot of ppl reporting "Fina; Review" as the status in PBEC forum. In many people's opinion it is very close to being certified. Does it make sense to put "Final review" as one of the status in the tracker ? Just a suggestion. Thanks again for your great work.

I gave your suggestion a lot of thought. At first I thought I didn't mind tracking that info (and I really don't)

I came to the conclusion that I would rather not track that information.

I am concerned with people checking their status multiple times and I think that tracking this information in the tracker would encourage that behavior.

Goes back to the old age question of "What if everybody did it?"

Here is some food for thought. If it takes 15 min to process a case and 1 minute to process an inquiry, every 15 inquiries is one less case that could be processed (DISCLAIMER: This is for illustration purposes I am not going to get into whether it really takes 15 minutes for this or a minute for that).

Having said all of that, I would like to think that I MANAGE the tracker, I don't OWN the tracker so people please post your opinions and I will try to adhere to what the majority of the people think.

Good luck all.

case status=certified

JustWatching said:
blues22 - added
dzh1234 - added
dc4opera - added
roddy - updated
calabor2001 - updated

screen shot i got this morning shows case status = certified.
don't know if you want to add to the tracker now or wait till the lawyer gets the letter.

JustWatching said:
I gave your suggestion a lot of thought. At first I thought I didn't mind tracking that info (and I really don't)

I came to the conclusion that I would rather not track that information.

I am concerned with people checking their status multiple times and I think that tracking this information in the tracker would encourage that behavior.

Goes back to the old age question of "What if everybody did it?"

Here is some food for thought. If it takes 15 min to process a case and 1 minute to process an inquiry, every 15 inquiries is one less case that could be processed (DISCLAIMER: This is for illustration purposes I am not going to get into whether it really takes 15 minutes for this or a minute for that).

Having said all of that, I would like to think that I MANAGE the tracker, I don't OWN the tracker so people please post your opinions and I will try to adhere to what the majority of the people think.

Good luck all.

JustWatching,

You are doing are great job, and you did a right point regarding people with Final Review sending multiple requests to check the status of their cases.

I would recommend not to update (change) information in the tracker for the people if that information was received by sending multiple requests for 7th year H1 extension. In this case BEC could start work faster without waisting their resources.

Your tracking project looks excellent.

tracking the case status

I agree with JW.

We do not need to have the case status in the tracker. Keeping track of the case status will make most of us more anxious and impatient. Inquiring for the case status frequently will make the BEC's progress even slower. Unless we receive a hardcopy of a letter showing our case as certified, we can not proceed with the next step of GC, so the status information does not help much.

We should inquire for the status at least 4-6 months after the last inquiry.

vahopeful said:
I agree with JW.

We do not need to have the case status in the tracker. Keeping track of the case status will make most of us more anxious and impatient. Inquiring for the case status frequently will make the BEC's progress even slower. Unless we receive a hardcopy of a letter showing our case as certified, we can not proceed with the next step of GC, so the status information does not help much.

We should inquire for the status at least 4-6 months after the last inquiry.

you don't want to send a screen shot request, fine be my guest. but PLEASE don't give dol/bec an excuse as to why they are not doing their job as they should. whether you send a request or not, they will find another reason to screw up anyways as they have done again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

the reason it took them almost 5 years finally certify my case doesn't have anything to do with something as simple as people inquiring for status. plus, its their duty to give everyone a way to get info on their case. why did it take them all this time to hire rosaline for that purpose?

are you sure that the "the status information does not help much"? it sure does help my peace of mind! true i don't have the piece of paper yet, but i am sure going to celebrate and start getting stuff ready for the next steps.

i don't want to argue really. i am happy to know my case is certified. like you i used to advise people not to request the screen shot, but then i realized that we are not the reason for all the zillions of screw ups they have done. plus given how long i have been waiting, i will use whatever means necessary to get info on my case.

ok, i will stop here. the purpose of this thread is not for such discussions. plus, it's time to celebrate! good luck to you!

--JustWatching, thank you for the wonderful job you have been doing!! it has been very helpful to me in this painful waiting...

Here's my info

Hey Guys -

Just saw the spreadsheet - This stuff is invaluable information. Thanks a ton to whoever is maintaining it..

Here are my case details. Please feel free to add it to the tracker.

> Priority Date - 11/28/2001
> NON RIR (TR)
> Applied in Virginia;
> Application Forwarded by VA to Phil DOL on 06/2004
> Case Received at the Philadelphia Backlog Center - 10/12/2004
> Case #P-04286-XXXXX
> Case Source : Regional
> 45-day letter received 02/2005, replied on 03/01/2005
>

Case Details

Here are my case details:

PD: 8/16/02
RD: 9/23/03
SWA: CA
EB2 RIR
Transferred from SFO DOL to PBEC
ETA: P-04323-06XXX
Replied to BEC Letter: 3/31/05

Updated Tracker

lakhan - added (CERTIFIED)
foret1 - updated (CERTIFIED)
nutcracker1978 - added (CERTIFIED)
wishWQ - added
smir - added
tickticktick - added
GCCAUS - added

I have created TWO more spreadsheet tabs of month by month statistics, one for RIR cases and one for REGULAR cases

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
Regional DOL

state wise cases !!

JustWatching said:
lakhan - added (CERTIFIED)
foret1 - updated (CERTIFIED)
nutcracker1978 - added (CERTIFIED)
wishWQ - added
smir - added
tickticktick - added
GCCAUS - added

I have created TWO more spreadsheet tabs of month by month statistics, one for RIR cases and one for REGULAR cases

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
Regional DOL

Great Job JW,

one suggestion. Assuming that we should start getting some approvals for 2002 cases sometimes next week or Mid Sep. I think it would be helpful if we can have a seprate Tab on excel sheet that tells how many cases r there state wise for each month in Philly for 2002/2003/2004. That might give some idea to folks who are asking the Qs.

Post my details to tracker

P.D: 07-07-2003
R.D: 02-10-2004( TRANSFERRED TO DOL FROM SWA)
45 DAY LETTER received in 03-02-2005
replied on 03-09-2005
Applied from texas to txswa and then tx dol.
tracking number D-04264-0XXXX

Please let me know if you need any more information to add to the tracker

gc_ka_wait said:
Great Job JW,

one suggestion. Assuming that we should start getting some approvals for 2002 cases sometimes next week or Mid Sep. I think it would be helpful if we can have a seprate Tab on excel sheet that tells how many cases r there state wise for each month in Philly for 2002/2003/2004. That might give some idea to folks who are asking the Qs.

gc_ka_wait,

I don't exactly understand what you are asking for? Do you mean SWA cases vs. Regional? Can you elaborate, thanks!

JustWatching said:
gc_ka_wait,
I don't exactly understand what you are asking for? Do you mean SWA cases vs. Regional? Can you elaborate, thanks!

Exactly JW, a break down by numbers/per month/per state(if we can have). for example

STATE - MONTH OF PD (2002/2003) - CATEGORRY - number of cases

CA - JAN - RIR - 1000
CA - FEB - TIR - 2000

etc...

Since we already have some sort of idea that how the PBEC is moving in terms of processing (going by the ETA case #). So if we know that PBEC processed e.g. 2000 cases in 10 days or 5000 cases in 20 days then how much time it will take to process other remaining cases...that way we can have more educated guess to the Qs of our fellows (including me) who want know when their case will get approved.

thanks man..again you are really doing a awesome job.

list tracker

Hi JustWatching]rsaani
Please include me in your list. my details are in my signature. And as of 8/22/05 my case status is RIR....
We really appreciate your hardwork... God bless to all of us....

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date
Regional DOL

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER[/QUOTE]