BEC Priority Date Tracker

Latest Tracker Update

Attached is the zipped version of the latest BEC tracker. All the readers of this forum must have their info in this tracker! Please post for additions / updates to the tracker. Once again the source of the info are PBEC, DBEC general discussions thread, this thread and LC approvals from PBEC new thread. I also included the approvals from Murthy and Trackitt forums.

PBEC
Labor_samasya added
v_k updated x(Certified)
blues22 updated x(Certified)
GAPDJuly062004 updated x(Certified)
NJ.LC added x(Certified)
manny1 added
maumach added
ctcloud added x(Certified)
PD09152003NY added x(Certified)
ThirstyFish updated x(Certified)
lotuskamal added x(Certified)
nu-feb2002 updated x(Certified)
B-18 added
noNews added x(Certified)
ny2004lca added x(Certified)
gc4sk updated x(Certified)
mmm02 added x(Certified)
sanksmysore added x(Certified)
ny2004lca added x(Certified)
jaysai updated x(Certified)

DBEC
MMH&GGM added x(Certified)
mans22 added
UG. updated x(Certified)
mp70 added x(Certified)
CALAbor2003 added x(Certified)
gary49 added
lightenh added x(Certified)
gc_help04 added x(Certified)
puvathoor added x(Certified)
gsrk77 added x(Certified)
vjchithu added x(Certified)

WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:
STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date

RD - Regional receipt date - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD
THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER

Last edited by a moderator:
BECs processing results

Dallas:

Code:
CERTIFIED	644
CLOSED		-19
DATA REVIEW	-123
DENIED		67
IN PROCESS	-849
WITHDRAWN	280

Progress: 972

Philly: 
APPEAL		7
CERTIFIED	1408
CLOSED		7
DATA REVIEW	-76
DENIED		254
IN PROCESS	-1787
WITHDRAWN	184

Progress: 1853

As you see BECs started to go through cases faster. PBEC is still processes almost 2 times more cases as DBEC. It denies, closes and withdrows more cases as well.

With this pace of approvals time to finish for PBEC - 47 weeks, for Dallas - 91 weeks.

I expect PBEC to slow down as soon as they get to regular cases processing.

Good Job

Roma,
Thanks for your Analysis . Its helpful to see the trend.

ManwithNoName,
Thanks for adding my details to tracker ..

Anybody with the case number like 'D-05109-6XXXX' ? I could only see my case with this number on the list ..

Good Luck everyone ..

Please add my info
PD: May 2004
Wisconsin
D-05103-5XXXX
EB3 RIR
Dallas BEC
45 days letter received & Replied : March 2005

saiwisconsin

How many EB 2 visas are alocated to India in a Fiscal year?

Some one, please answer me!
How many EB 2 visas are alocated to India in a Fiscal year? How many labor certifcations are applied in the years 2003, 2004 and 2005? I have applied for the Labor cert in Jan 2005. I just want calculate how long do I have to wait before I get a chance to apply for 485.

Thanks & Regards

madhulika_sarup said:
Some one, please answer me!
How many EB 2 visas are alocated to India in a Fiscal year? How many labor certifcations are applied in the years 2003, 2004 and 2005? I have applied for the Labor cert in Jan 2005. I just want calculate how long do I have to wait before I get a chance to apply for 485.

Thanks & Regards

There are 40,000 visas available in each EB category (1, 2 and 3). Out of these categories a single country can use a maximum of 7%.

Currently the EB2 category for India is January 2003. When the priority date will touch January 2005? Well this is complicated - entirely governed by the demand for the EB2 visa.

:) I know...every year 2800 visa numbers (with avg family size of 4, this translates to 700 per year) mean unless there is change in the law, the green card for most of us may not materialize at all...2007 will be the year to see if there is change in legislation, otherwise, I would seriously start redirecting my life out of US...till then, good luck all!

Visa Numbers

AmusedAgain said:
:) I know...every year 2800 visa numbers (with avg family size of 4, this translates to 700 per year) mean unless there is change in the law, the green card for most of us may not materialize at all...2007 will be the year to see if there is change in legislation, otherwise, I would seriously start redirecting my life out of US...till then, good luck all!

If we assume that there are 30000 people apply for labor certificate each year, then with 700 or 800 visas per year means one needs to wait for another ten years if the person has applied in December 2004.

This is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

manwithnoname said:
There are 40,000 visas available in each EB category (1, 2 and 3). Out of these categories a single country can use a maximum of 7%.

Currently the EB2 category for India is January 2003. When the priority date will touch January 2005? Well this is complicated - entirely governed by the demand for the EB2 visa.
You sure its 40000? I think it is 280,000.

Pls add me to tracker

manwithnoname said:
Roma77, Great work. You analysis provides us the bulk picture. This demonstrates the BEC throughput on a weekly basis.

On the other hand the tracker consists of a sample of the BEC cases and indicates the processing trends.

Pls add me to the tracker. My Details are in the signature. Thankyou

And, to add some more time, H1-B are issued only to individuals (families get H4-B, for which there is no cap), while PR visas are issued to each family member...

So, if per year there are 30,000 Indians applying for H1-B since 2000, we've ~200,000 H1-B...assuming that 50% opt for PR (thanks to boom in India!), we still have 100,000 PR applicants since 2000 and at 4 per family, we are looking at 300,000+ PR visas...now, at 2800 per year, this translates to about 12 years for someone to get PR who applied in 2005/06...nice! See my changed signature! :D

manwithnoname said:
To be precise, 40,000 plus unused visas in the next higher category as mentioned here.
OK guys. We missed prefix "1". The number is 140,000 total. Each EB category shares 28.6 % of total number.

So for EB3, total number available is: 40040.

Each country has visa limit of 7% of total number available and that is: 140,000 * 0.07 = 9800 including all EB categories + unused visa numbers.

VA Labor Approved

State: VA
PD: July, 2002
45 day letter: 02/15/2005.
PBEC: P-04280-xxxxx

Online status still shows as 'IN PROCESS'. Lawyer recv'd approval notice on 12/15.

2001 Lc Dbec Eb3

Please add my info to the tracker.

PD 04/27/2001
EB3 India California
45 letter 10/10/2005
Replied same day
Analysts review 10/16/2006
Replied same week
Status In Process.
Best of luck to us DOL slaves.

Are you RIR or TR? Please.

Lucky7 said: