Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

my interview - waiting continues...

Folks,
Thanks a lot everybody for your warm wishes! Here is my interview update.
We came to the building on 8:30am for 9:45 interview (mine; my family had later times). Spent 30 min to get inside building. Then waited approx until interview time. Officer was very nice young while lady, asked DL, passport, I-94 (and copies of I-94 for me only, not for family), birth cert of my daughter only (not mine), EVL, paystubs. Asked questions from the standard list, not all but few of them. Asked if I wish to submit anything else, I did submit taxes for last 2 years. Then asked my spouse and daughter same, except of EVL/paystubs/taxes. Doing this officer looked through I-485 and when she came to the picture I asked if she want a new format photo, she said yes and took 2 passport style photoes.
We all wrote our name on a white form and put one fingerprint there.
Results: we got 2 problems:
1) doctor did not check a box in the medical form (forgot!!!!) for me and for daughter. We have to go back to same doctor and request them to get it done again - i mean, photocopy the existing copies, mark the box, seal in envelope, and mail then to Baltimore office :eek: No need to take medical exam one more time like it looks, but still a delay...
2) mine and spouse's name checks are still pending :eek: :eek: :eek:
I gave to officer the "no-response" letter from FBI, she said she is going somehow request namecheck again (?or request to expedite, i am not sure) and she will use this letter...
So waiting continues....

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope that it doesn't take too long for the medicals and the name check.
I have a few questions and would appreciate if you could answer them
1. What is DL, EVL???
2. Is name check different from FP. I got my FP done last year in April. How will I know that it is still valid and if my name check is cleared.

Transfer Notice

Hi GRA,

DL- Driver License
About EVL I am not sure.

By the way, I was wondering when you get the Interview Letter will you see any update in USCIS website too, like interview letter has been sent or anything like that.

Actually today, when I checked USCIS website with my EAC number ,my transfer date was 21th Dec not 22nd Dec as i mentioned in my earlier message couple of days back.

Can you please let me know when exactly you have received Interview letter.

Even your transfer date is also 21th Dec.

I didn't received yet, jus kind of curious...

Thanks and all the best

gra said:
Thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope that it doesn't take too long for the medicals and the name check.
1. What is DL, EVL???
2. Is name check different from FP. I got my FP done last year in April. How will I know that it is still valid and if my name check is cleared.

Interview Feedback

Hi All, I had my interview today 6/9/05 8.00 AM, please check my notice date etc...my 140 was approved in 2004 May and case transferred on Dec 6th 04.
The officer was nice she took all the docs, EVL W2 and said she will pass the file to her senior who will review and lets us know about the decision in mail............I am so upset I heard if u go for Interview u get stamped!!!! Yes the officer took signatures and FP of the index finger. Now I have go through the orderal again until I receive my Approval Letter...

Thats my expr.

I know the feeling and it is not pleasure. I had my interview May 20th and still nothing??? It feels like endless loop......

Good luck and hope you do not wait as long as I am.

gra said:
1. What is DL, EVL???

EVL is employment verification letter. You may search for samples.
Name check is different from FP check. Name check is normally requested by INS from FBI soon after filing I-485 (mine was requested in oct 2003 and I-485 filed in sep 2003). It can be completed soon (few weeks I think) or can stay pending if you are not lucky (like me). I red someone's posting about name check pending since 2002. Another person had interview in Dec 2004 in Baltimore, and she is still waiting for approval because of same reason - pending name check.
You can ask about your name check status by e-mail but they reply only in approx.6 months.
FP are valid for 15 months. If they expire, you will get FP notice and do them, results will come relatively fast (maybe one week-10 days). So FP is not such a problem like name check.

ice9 said:
Hi All, I had my interview today 6/9/05 8.00 AM, please check my notice date etc...my 140 was approved in 2004 May and case transferred on Dec 6th 04.
The officer was nice she took all the docs, EVL W2 and said she will pass the file to her senior who will review and lets us know about the decision in mail............I am so upset I heard if u go for Interview u get stamped!!!! Yes the officer took signatures and FP of the index finger. Now I have go through the orderal again until I receive my Approval Letter...

Thats my expr.

ice9,
Congrats to your interview!! This is very good that your file will go to supervisor, the BEST what could happen. Means all your paperwork is complete and name check not pending. Starting from beginning of this year, Balt. office does not stamp on the spot, they changed the procedure and now file always first goes to supervisor. Then they issue the approval notice (after couple of days), and you receive it in mail one week after interview. Then you may go for stamping or not, your card will come in approx. one month after interview. Since they took your signature and index finger print - passport stamping is optional for you and not needed for ordering card (your card is already ordered).

I hate FBI .......

I had my AOS interview on JAN 11 05 and still waiting for Approval.
Strange thing is that 140 is not approved yet.

Only GOD knows what the USCIS and FBI are working on .

Transfer Notice

Hiwaitingfortunat,

What was your transfer date to Baltimore, can you please post it. My transfer date is Dec 21th 2004. I am still waiting to hear for my interview date

waitingfortunat said:
I got interview letter finally. It is July 14, 05. Excetp the documents listed in the letter, what else do I need to prepare?

My case was transferred at Jan. 26 this year

vikramab said:
Hiwaitingfortunat,

What was your transfer date to Baltimore, can you please post it. My transfer date is Dec 21th 2004. I am still waiting to hear for my interview date

compass said:
Folks,
Thanks a lot everybody for your warm wishes! Here is my interview update.
Results: we got 2 problems:
1) doctor did not check a box in the medical form (forgot!!!!) for me and for daughter.
2) mine and spouse's name checks are still pending :eek: :eek: :eek:
So waiting continues....

Hi Compass,
Sorry about the delayed arrival..... Got caught up with some personal tasks and was out of action.....
Just now read your updates..... It is kinda ....almost there, but not quite.
Hang in there. You have come a longggg way and this should pass soon.
Wishing you an expedited approval. Keep us posted.

Thanks and wishes
V!!

waitingfortunat said:
I got interview letter finally. It is July 14, 05. Excetp the documents listed in the letter, what else do I need to prepare?

Hi waitingfortunat,
That is one major milestone towards your "Freedom", Congratulations.
If you search this thread from March/April, you will find a lot of discussions on the various documents that will be required for interview. There are checklists posted by people and also their interview experiences.
15 to 30 minutes of digging will yield a treasure-trove.

Good luck,
V!

Hi Compass,

Sorry to hear that you did not get approval right away. Well, you will have to wait some more time and I wish you the best for a quick approval for you. Mine is also stuck somewhere - it seems if anything is missing they put the file in a different queue and nobody knows when they will look at them again. But I am sure they will open these files again at some point of time. I think your first name check cannot be traced out and I think the second one should go throgh fine and that you will get the clearance soon. GOOD LUCK.

Background check pending

Hi Compass,

I had my interview at Baltimore Office on May 16 ,2005. They also said that my background check is still pending. I got my I-130 approval 10 days after the interview on May 26,2005. I haven't heard anything since then.

Application for I-485, I-130, I-765 on 09/01/2004
Transfer for Baltimore on 09/17/2004
EAD received 10/07/2004
FP 02/18/2005
FP received 02/25/2005
FP LUD 02/28/2005
Interview 05/16/2005
I-130 Approval 05/17/2005
I-130 Aprroval notice 05/26/2005

Senator Help?

I have noticed that the volume of traffic on this thread has decreased dramtically (which can be a good sign, everybody is getting approved :) ??!! what a dream).

For you that still visit this thread, can any body share their experience with their senator intervention? was the intervention worth it? did it help speed up the case? did they receive good customer service or did they receive a standard goverment beaucratic answer ( a la USCIS, case still pending)?

Thanks in advance

I would like to thank all the participants on this forum for their help and support with all info and updates, yes Rajiv Khanna too!!!. I finally got my approval notice yesterday 6/17 had the interview on 6/9, please check my posts for all applications dates but in general its been a long ride for me....came to US in 97 with F1 started gc process in 01 under EB2 and now after 8yrs got this honor of being a perm resident. Guys have patience and I am sure ya all be good....If they can hand gc's to people from all over the world for all types of excuses, they definetely need to give the scholars a fair chance too!!!

Enjoy
http://www.soundclick.com/mettlus

Question on Processing Dates?

Hi,

I've a question on I 485 processing dates for Baltimore local office. Its showing Jul02, 2004 for 'Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice Date'. what does Receipt Notice date mean? Does it mean the RD of I485 or date the local office received our I485 file?

If my I485 RD is before Jul04, can I call NSC and open an inquiry?

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks!

>>Its showing Jul02, 2004 for 'Now Processing Cases with Receipt Notice
>>Date'
Dates shown on the website not necessarily reflect dates for ur category ...usually a bunch of categories get processed esp. family based in case empl. based its usually 6mo from the date ur file was transferred to Regional Office (LUD) on the USCIS Website if you registered ur case #

Receipt date is usually the date BCSIC recieved your application....My receipt date of 485 was Sept 03 but my file was looked into on Dec 04 for processing....

HTH

Congrats!

ice9 said:
I would like to thank all the participants on this forum for their help and support with all info and updates, yes Rajiv Khanna too!!!. I finally got my approval notice yesterday 6/17 had the interview on 6/9, please check my posts for all applications dates but in general its been a long ride for me....came to US in 97 with F1 started gc process in 01 under EB2 and now after 8yrs got this honor of being a perm resident. Guys have patience and I am sure ya all be good....If they can hand gc's to people from all over the world for all types of excuses, they definetely need to give the scholars a fair chance too!!!

Enjoy
http://www.soundclick.com/mettlus

Congratulations and Amen about that comment around scholars and people make contributions to this country. I am still waiting with an RD of Nov 2002 for a process that started in May of 2000.