Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

QCO1 said:
Ginnu/Pegh,

Thanks for the reply. I went to Baltimore again today to try for my EAD. The good news is they issued me an IEAD for 8 mths. The bad news is they told me my physical file is still not there.
----- I think they have the file Or have electonic file, they will not call your for Interview if they dont have file. Take all the orignal documents with you
So I guess I'll find out what happens now on the 20th. If they approve me or give me a run around.
------ I hope the case will be approved, no need to worry ,they are not just calling you to discuss the coming US elections :D
Even for my EAD they gave me a lot of grief saying that ur interview is in a few days just wait.
--- you should have siaid please give me letter that I CAN work with out valid EAD or talk to my employer so that he can allow me working with out EAD.
Bit finally issued one when I said that regardless of the interview date I need the EAD to work. Hope everybody has a good night.

Regards,

QCO

Ginnu,

You are right. They do have the electronic copy of my file. I am hoping like anything that is all they need to approve my case. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Best Regards,

QCO

Question to ginnu:

Is there a specific timeframe for creation of the permanent residency record and sending out "welcome notice" from VSC after being approved at the interview and getting passport stamp?

Last edited by a moderator:
alexk said:
Question to ginnu:

Is there a specific timeframe for creation of the permanent residency record and sending out "welcome notice" from VSC after being approved at the interview and getiing passport stamp?

----- many get the Card in 20-40 days after interview, many get after 2-3 months,many get in 10-25 days, I dont see a regular pattren

Actually, I am concerned about the I-181 notice. Is it supposed to be issued when the plastic card is ready to arrive? Or people receive I-181 within a month after interview and plastic card may come later - in 2-3 months?

hi alex

I have recd the notices in the mail for me and my wife welcoming us as permanent residents of USA.
What is the I-181 NOTICE Supposed to be?
We were interviewed on 26th May 2004 and stamped for approval on the same day and we r enjoying our vacation in India after 6 long years.
When did u get approved??
Thank you
Anil :)

Thanks. This is pretty informative article.

Unfortunately, I did a mix up. The actual question is about form I-797 (approval, or welcome notice). This is the one that has to be sent to recepient. Question is - how long after the interview it should arrive?

alexk said:
Thanks. This is pretty informative article.

Unfortunately, I did a mix up. The actual question is about form I-797 (approval, or welcome notice). This is the one that has to be sent to recepient.
----- I have seen more than 25 cases who were approved in Baltimore, NYC local , Newark NJ local USCIS and they never recieved I-797 from Local office they alll got Direct plasic Card in the mail after Interview.

Question is - how long after the interview it should arrive?

hi alex

i thought you had already received the plastic card and the welcome letters from the service centres.
Could u pls give details of your date of interview etc?
Thanks
Anil :)

I did receive plastic card for myself and triplicate I-797 notices having only my A# and my name on them.

I got nothing for my son (he got approved and stamped same day) and for my wife (for her I had to resubmit to Baltimore corrected vaccination form).

So I called 1-800 No. First time they said that my son has to receive I-797 notice within a month after approval. If not, they can file a request to VSC. I called after month passed after the interview and the first person I spoke refused to deal with me at all. What he did, like a dummy read the online message that my son's case was transferred to Baltimore in 2004, Baltimore is processing 2003 cases at a moment. So I should not bother calling them in a year. I got completely nuts. But the solution the guy suggested was to hang up, redial and try another information officer.

The second person was very helpful and she got from me all the information (A#, DOB, etc) and she said that she would send a request to VSC.

I am still do not know what to do about my wife's case. Month ago I got a notice from Baltimore saying that the officer that conducted her interview did receive the immunization form. But it explicitly mentioned not to bother them till October this year.

I would appreciate any comments.

alexk said:
I did receive plastic card for myself and triplicate I-797 notices having only my A# and my name on them.

I got nothing for my son (he got approved and stamped same day) and for my wife (for her I had to resubmit to Baltimore corrected vaccination form).

So I called 1-800 No. First time they said that my son has to receive I-797 notice within a month after approval. If not, they can file a request to VSC. I called after month passed after the interview and the first person I spoke refused to deal with me at all. What he did, like a dummy read the online message that my son's case was transferred to Baltimore in 2004, Baltimore is processing 2003 cases at a moment. So I should not bother calling them in a year. I got completely nuts. But the solution the guy suggested was to hang up, redial and try another information officer.

The second person was very helpful and she got from me all the information (A#, DOB, etc) and she said that she would send a request to VSC.

I am still do not know what to do about my wife's case. Month ago I got a notice from Baltimore saying that the officer that conducted her interview did receive the immunization form. But it explicitly mentioned not to bother them till October this year.
------ Best option for your wife is to visit Baltimore and ask the update as she submitted the medicals, It seems you are in Montgomery Village it is only 1 hour drive, you should go and check with Baltimore local USCIS
I would appreciate any comments.

EB1-A must be employed at time of interview

Ginnu,

Could you elaborate on this?
What if I am not employed at time of interview ? :confused:
I have enough home equity for example to live on.

My I-485 details (concurrent I-485/EAD/AP) EB1-A

ND 03-04-2003
EAD1 06-04-2003
EAD2 06-03-2004
Did 2 FP

I-140 approved ~09-17-2003

15th_year_in_US said:
Ginnu,

Could you elaborate on this?
What if I am not employed at time of interview ? :confused:
---By law GC is for future job, but it will be much better if you are working before Interview date.
I need more details for correct reply on your EB1,
A) was it self sponsored I-140?
B) what is your area of Extraordinary ability?
I know that if it is EB1 in ARTS like Motion Picture or Television arts then you dont need to be working at the time of Interview becase people dont shoot, Edit, write, rewrite scripts,screeplays every day and many are Independent film makes and are not employed by any employer, all depends on your field for EB1. I have very veryyyyyyyy good knowlege about EB1 or O 1 Visa in ARTS

I have enough home equity for example to live on.

My I-485 details (concurrent I-485/EAD/AP) EB1-A

ND 03-04-2003
EAD1 06-04-2003
EAD2 06-03-2004
Did 2 FP

I-140 approved ~09-17-2003

Ginnu,

I am in high technology sector (semiconductor industry) and planning to start company in making radiological device for medical/health sector.
By the time of interview I maybe employed by myself (my company) but be without salary.
I am still employed but want to quit. Bored and tired from useless startups
that waist money and go nowhere.

My I-140 is from myself.However, I submitted all letters from current company (where I receive salary and benefits) with proof that I am employed.

In general, thank you very much for your input in this section. I think you are very knowledgeable (and I would say professional) in these matter. INS should hire you for customer support consulting.
People in INS cannot answer question you answer with your depth.

For those newly transferred to the Baltimore Office

After 27 months of being in the ‘pending’ status at the VSC my case was recently transferred to the Baltimore Office. Already, two weeks have passed and I have not received a transfer acknowledgement letter. If anyone is in the same boat, so to speak, I would appreciate if you would reply to this post and share some details of your situations.
For me, these are as follows:
ND 04/2002
TD 06/2004
Category NIW
I also have a question – for those transferred under similar circumstances, how long did it take to get an interview letter? And what happened during the interview itself – i.e. what kinds of questions were asked? If anyone has any clues as to why they were transferred, they would be extremely helpful.

Marusia said:
After 27 months of being in the ‘pending’ status at the VSC my case was recently transferred to the Baltimore Office. Already, two weeks have passed and I have not received a transfer acknowledgement letter.
----Transfer notice will be sent to lawyer who filed I-485
If anyone is in the same boat, so to speak, I would appreciate if you would reply to this post and share some details of your situations.
For me, these are as follows:
ND 04/2002
TD 06/2004
Category NIW
I also have a question – for those transferred under similar circumstances, how long did it take to get an interview letter?
---Baltimore will send letter of Interview after 2-4 months time. I have seen in past that they also Finish the interview in maximum 4 months time, you will get Interview notice 30-40 days advance of Interview date, they will also send FP notice if you did FP 15 months back
And what happened during the interview itself – i.e. what kinds of questions were asked? If anyone has any clues as to why they were transferred, they would be extremely helpful.
----you can read the thread and past posts, every case is diffrent, they just check the orignal documents and mainly ask if you have any arrest records, they will send you a list of documents to bring at the time of interview

Finally, got my wife's case approved.

We made a trip to Baltimore today. Arrived at 8:50. Took a number. Waited for 2.5 hours. Officer was very difficult and did not want to do anything about my wife's case. The interview was on May 18th, imminization record was screwed up by a doctor. I have sent corrected version same day by mail. She was fingerprinted, signed all the forms and gave away her I-94 back in May.

After being begged for a couple minutes, she gave me a blue form to fill (case status request). She told us that someone (but not the original officer) will pull out the case and will review it. In an hour my wife was called, surrendered her EAD and got her passport stamped.

I tried to ask a question about rescheduling of an interview, as Ginnu asked me. But the difficult lady refused to answer any questions without particular detailes (like, when was the original interview date). And after all, told me that I am not supposed to ask questions on someones behalf.

alexk said:
Finally, got my wife's case approved.

We made a trip to Baltimore today. Arrived at 8:50. Took a number. Waited for 2.5 hours. Officer was very difficult and did not want to do anything about my wife's case. The interview was on May 18th, imminization record was screwed up by a doctor. I have sent corrected version same day by mail. She was fingerprinted, signed all the forms and gave away her I-94 back in May.

After being begged for a couple minutes, she gave me a blue form to fill (case status request). She told us that someone (but not the original officer) will pull out the case and will review it. In an hour my wife was called, surrendered her EAD and got her passport stamped.
-------Congratulations!!!!!

I tried to ask a question about rescheduling of an interview, as Ginnu asked me. But the difficult lady refused to answer any questions without particular detailes (like, when was the original interview date). And after all, told me that I am not supposed to ask questions on someones behalf.
---no problem, thanks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
where should I file I765 renew?

Hello, All:
I have been interviewed for my I485 back in April, but back to waiting line again since at the time of interview, FBI did not finish my name check (so told). I feel exhausted depressed in GC process. Now I have to renew my EAD. where should I apply now? since I know my physical file is in Baltimore, so I sent I765 to Baltimore, but Baltimore forwarded my application to Bermont. I am worried that I will be kicked back and forth between baltimore and vermont. So please advise. I am tired of BCIS' mistake
Also I saw some body visited Baltimore pushed his wife's case approved. I went to there and told waint for 5 more month. COntacted congress man and get same answer
Please help, Thanks in advance