Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Oath letter - VSC

She got the letter on 8/12 and Oath date is on 8/22 in Baltimore DO office.
I am still waiting for mine.

Thank you MD1234. Please keep me posted. Do you think we can call them to find out if there is something new or it would be just a recorded voice message? I wil keep you updated about my status too. I don't understand why some get the letter the same day of the interview, others take the oath after the interview, the same day or the day after, and then others like us with less fortune have to wait for the letter by mail, and forever, It seems so. I didn't ask for any name change at the time of the interview, and I have passed the test and everything along with the congratulations notice. Why didn't they give us the letter for the ceremony at the time of the interview, if we can fit for it the same day?

Most of the people who had the Oath on same day seems they had interview's in early morning time ...may be b4 noon? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oath letter

Still no luck for me. Its been more than one month. i had my interview on friday morning at 11:30 on 7/18.

Experts,
Any idea, should i call them or to take info pass.

Thanks,

Thank you MD1234. Please keep me posted. Do you think we can call them to find out if there is something new or it would be just a recorded voice message? I wil keep you updated about my status too. I don't understand why some get the letter the same day of the interview, others take the oath after the interview, the same day or the day after, and then others like us with less fortune have to wait for the letter by mail, and forever, It seems so. I didn't ask for any name change at the time of the interview, and I have passed the test and everything along with the congratulations notice. Why didn't they give us the letter for the ceremony at the time of the interview, if we can fit for it the same day?

Oath letter

I have my intrview at 1:20 PM, July 14.
Is there any schedule tracker for the ceremony?

By the way, I have not received the letter yet.:(

oath letter

NWS, Valeria73 -- Any luck?

I have't received leter yet. I am planning to take info pass next week.

I have my intrview at 1:20 PM, July 14.
Is there any schedule tracker for the ceremony?

By the way, I have not received the letter yet.:(

oath letter

Hi MD1234,
Not yet :( I was hoping this week. They told me sometimes in August. Maybe we should wait for the end of the month. I am form Virginia. Is the info pass only in Fairfax? Thanks.

oath letter

Hi MD1234,
Did your wife have the ceremony yesterday? How did it go?
Any news from you? I tried to call yesterday to the 800 #, 1-2-3, and I couldnt talk to the OI. They told me to wait, and it could take 90 days to receive the letter since after the interview the file needs to be approved by a supervisor either if I got the congratulation notice at the interview.
Is this right? Are you still planning to schedule an infopass?

My interview time is 11:00 AM on Sep 10th.:)

It is N-400 application first come first serve? I checked Baltimore file in USCIS and knew that they are still processing the July 07 cases. I sent my application in early December, were finger printed in Feb 08, but still haven’t received the interview letter yet.

It is N-400 application first come first serve? I checked Baltimore file in USCIS and knew that they are still processing the July 07 cases. I sent my application in early December, were finger printed in Feb 08, but still haven’t received the interview letter yet.

Speak with an IO and find out if your case is held up in name check.

oath

Oath ceremony went well on friday. Its took 1:15 mins to complete the entire process.

Still i am waiting for mine. I took info pass for this week. Let see what happens?.

Hi MD1234,
Did your wife have the ceremony yesterday? How did it go?
Any news from you? I tried to call yesterday to the 800 #, 1-2-3, and I couldnt talk to the OI. They told me to wait, and it could take 90 days to receive the letter since after the interview the file needs to be approved by a supervisor either if I got the congratulation notice at the interview.
Is this right? Are you still planning to schedule an infopass?

Oath Letter is Pending

I had my interview on 08-09-08. Do you know how long I need to wait for Oath Letter? ...
This morning I spoke to IO - he said that it would take 30 to 60 days from approval date...

Hi Hello21043

My interview was on July 14, and I have not received any Oath letter yet.
Did you call or went to an Info pass? Thansk!

I had my interview on 08-09-08. Do you know how long I need to wait for Oath Letter? ...
This morning I spoke to IO - he said that it would take 30 to 60 days from approval date...

Still no word what to do?

I posted this (see below) some time ago:

I went to Baltimore for my interview and everything went well. I passed all the questions. I was told I would get a letter in the mail for my oath date because from my first visa entry into the USA (working in another state) and from my green card I have now, I have two file numbers. they said they will get my other file and need to merge the two and then I will get my letter for my oath. So I am now just waiting for that.

I still have had no word. Rwickra you were kind enough to reply to my message.
Originally Posted by Rwickra
1. You may want to directly call the Baltimore DO or setup an INFOPASS with the Baltimore office to follow the progress of your case. Make sure you keep them on their toes; otherwise it's easy to get behind.

So I called the 1-800-375-5283 but never got to speak to anyone. So I wrote a letter in July and sent it asking about my case. No response. I thought since they have 120 days that maybe I just have to wait. Now the 120 days ended on Aug 28th.

Is there a different number to call Baltimore directly? Does someone have the number? On the Infopass appointment page it asks you to bring a Service ID Request number. I do not have this. How can I get an InfoPass? I filed in July 2007, interviewed April 30, 2008. I passed the test they checked it as passed just needed for them to merge the files.
What can I do? This has been so long.
Thanks

Update - Still no word what to do?

I finally spoke to someone today and she told me Baltimore is now processing July 9,2007 applications and that mine is July 28th so they can do nothing. I have to wait until that date is processed to see if I get a letter for my oath and approval. She said also because of that she cannot request any info from them and she could not give me any info on obtaining a Sevice Request ID number to make an Info Pass appointment & that Info Pass may only tell me what she told me.

No luck yet

Last week i went to baltimore, IO told me that my case has been approved and waiting to get the oath letter. IO told me that she has no idea when i will get the letter. Wait continues..................

Noooo:(

MD1234 did you go to the InfoPAss?

Thanks

Baltimore Processing Date

I just checked the website today and it says as of August 15th Baltimore is processing July 30th, yet when I called the 1-800 number for info on my case on August 28th the Service person told me they were only processing July 9 so she could not help me with info on my case until they got to my date which was filed July 28 can someone tell me if they know what is happening and what is correct. I had interview April 30th.
Thanks