Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I got the interview letter.:D

Md_pp, You have a good chance of taking an oath on the same day since most oaths are available on Wednesday and Thursday. -- few oaths on Mon, Tues, Fri, and Sat.

Congratulations on your getting your IL and good luck on your interview!

will officer have a copy of previously passed civcs test

My wife's priority date is Nov 6, 2006. To make a long story short we naively requested to be rescheduled when she received her first appointment in May of 2007. She has now been rescheduled for August 20, 2008. My question is when she began this process and went for her first finger print appointment she was offered the test and passed it. Will the interview officer have proof that she already passed the test or will she need to retake it? I ask because her appointment is @ 2:00 and the last oath is @ 3:00 and as you can imagine we are trying to avoid any more delays.

Md_pp, You have a good chance of taking an oath on the same day since most oaths are available on Wednesday and Thursday. -- few oaths on Mon, Tues, Fri, and Sat.

Congratulations on your getting your IL and good luck on your interview!

Thanks for your message.

My interview date was Jul. 07, 2008.

And I am still waiting for my oath letter. I expect that I can take the oath before Sep. 07, 2008.

nws

You are right, that was a typo on the signature. If you passed your interview in Jul 07 (or is it 08) then you can file the 1447b to get your oath letter. http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681

If its Jul 08 then it might take anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months. Mine was shy of 2 months after the interview. I didnt have any name change issue to cause the delay, so I dont know why they didnt give me same day oath.

Like others have said in this post, I was also told that my oath letter should arrive in 2 weeks time, but took little less than 2 months.

I got my Interview Letter :)

Interview is on 09/11/2008 and my appt is at 2:40 PM. Will I get my oath on the same day?

N-400 mailed to VSC on 05/03/2008
RD 05/05/2008
ND 05/17/2008
FP Notice 05/22/2008
FP 05/29/2008 (Test not offered)
IL 08/08/2008
ID Date : 09/11/2008 2:40 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Interview Letter :)

Interview is on 09/11/2008 and my appt is at 2:40 PM. Will I get my oath on the same day?

N-400 mailed to VSC on 05/03/2008
RD 05/05/2008
ND 05/17/2008
FP Notice 03/22/2008
FP 05/29/2008 (Test not offered)
IL 08/08/2008
ID Date : 09/11/2008

probably not because after you give the interview notice letter to the booth for 2.40 pm interview, the waiting time in the waiting room is between 15 mins and 45 mins (until you will be called to the interview room) plus the average duration of the interview is between 15 mins and 30 mins. Last oath usually starts at 3 pm. Just pray if the oath is open and seat/slot is available.

probably not because after you give the interview notice letter to the booth for 2.40 pm interview, the waiting time in the waiting room is between 15 mins and 45 mins (until you will be called to the interview room) plus the average duration of the interview is between 15 mins and 30 mins. Last oath usually starts at 3 pm. Just pray if the oath is open and seat/slot is available.

If the slot's not available, Do you know if i can go back for the oath next day or will they send me a letter when I need to come for the Oath? Also can i show up at 1 PM even though my appt is at 2:40 PM and see if they can call me earlier.

Thanks in advance!

If the slot's not available, Do you know if i can go back for the oath next day or will they send me a letter when I need to come for the Oath? Also can i show up at 1 PM even though my appt is at 2:40 PM and see if they can call me earlier.

Thanks in advance!

Two things for the oath: 1) you will get an oath letter (future date) if decision is made or not made yet. 2) the officer makes decision and reserve an oath for you right away.

No, the security officers and booth won't allow you to get in earlier than your appointment time. Also, busy interview officers stick to their appointments. If you show up earlier, you will be asked to wait outside. The policy is very strict at the Baltimore office.

Oath Letter VSC

And I am still waiting for my oath letter. I expect that I can take the oath before Sep. 07, 2008.

nws

I am still waiting too; I have my interview the 14th of July.
Can you please tell me why it could take from 2 weeks to 2 months to receive the Oath Letter if the interview has been after July 07?
Please let me know. I need to plan an international flight, family reason, and I cant do anything for right now. Thanks.

oath letter

My wife received the oath letter. She also interviewed on july 18th. I am waiting for my letter.

I am waiting too for my Oath letter. I have the interview the 14 of July.

Do you know how long it could take to receive the letter? Please let me know. Thanks.

All because of name change

I am still waiting too; I have my interview the 14th of July.
Can you please tell me why it could take from 2 weeks to 2 months to receive the Oath Letter if the interview has been after July 07?
Please let me know. I need to plan an international flight, family reason, and I cant do anything for right now. Thanks.

I didn't take the oath immediately after the interview because I was requesting name change on my N-400 application. The Immigration Officer said I will receive the oath letter in the mail. One of my friend was in the similar situation a few months ago and it took about two month for her to get the oath letter after the interview. I hope that time frame still hold for now.

nws

Oath Letter VSC

I didn't take the oath immediately after the interview because I was requesting name change on my N-400 application. The Immigration Officer said I will receive the oath letter in the mail. One of my friend was in the similar situation a few months ago and it took about two month for her to get the oath letter after the interview. I hope that time frame still hold for now.

nws

Thanks! Have you received the letter?

oath letter

She got the letter on 8/12 and Oath date is on 8/22 in Baltimore DO office.
I am still waiting for mine.

Good for her! When does she have the ceremony and where?
I hope I will get my letter soon!
Please let me know. Thanks!

Me and my spouse applied N-400 at the same time ...sent applications in one envelope and FP's has been done together. However my spouse's IL haven't yet received and I am able to view orginal status of spouse. But I am not gettting my status update on their web site. Not sure why spouse's IL were not sent together though we've got our H1/H4, GC's together.

Here are details :
N-400 mailed to VSC
PD : May 2008
FP done : June 19th, 2008
IL received : last week
Scheduled interview : 9th Sept, 2008 after 10 am

Is there anyone in similar situation or had simililar situation and how long it took to receive their spouse's IL.

With best Wishes to everyone here in this board.