Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Became a US citizen finally!

I went to a circuit court in Upper Marlboro, MD on last Friday to take the oath. It started at 10:30am. At first all people gathered in a conference room and we took turn to submit the notices and the green cards. Then we were directed to a formal court room and we were seated. A few minutes after 12:00pm a Federal judge appeared in the court room and led us to take the oath. After that, the judge handed out the naturalization certificates to eveybody and we took pictures with the judge The ceremony ended at about 12:30pm.

It has been a long road and here is my timeline:

Baltimore Office:
PD 12/28/2006
FP 01/19/2007
(Long wait because of the FBI name check...)
2nd FP 05/14/2008
(Thanks to the new commissioner of USCIS and his resolve to clear up
the backlog)
ID 07/07/2008 (Asked for name change)
OD 08/29/2008

I've been a visitor on this forum for a long time and I really appreciate the information here. This is a great website. I will still be around here joining in your discussion since my wife is still waiting for her interview letter. Her PD is Jun. 2007 so I expect that she will get her interview letter sometime around Nov. 2008.

Cheers!

Hi My fellow Americans to be:

I have couple of questions:

1. I submitted the application in November/December, got my finger prints done in January. But after that, up to now, I did not hear anything - Is there anything wrong? what do I need to do?

2. I may move to West coast, if my case is still pending when I move, what I should do? Since after move the center would be different, do I have to re-apply?

Thanks a lot!

Hi My fellow Americans to be:

I have couple of questions:

1. I submitted the application in November/December, got my finger prints done in January. But after that, up to now, I did not hear anything - Is there anything wrong? what do I need to do?
Speak with an IO via phone or Infopass for an update on your case. Sound like you may be stuck in name check.
2. I may move to West coast, if my case is still pending when I move, what I should do? Since after move the center would be different, do I have to re-apply?

Thanks a lot!
Notify USCIS once you move so they can transfer your case to new district office. Expect this to cause an additional 3 month delay in processing of your case.

Hello all Baltimore members
I am new to this post and I have found this forum is very helpful for sharing experiences through out the immigration process.

I have filed my case back in April, 2008 and after a couple info passes on June and a recent one on Sep now I am scheduling for FP!
It seemes an unusual timeline but I am very happy to have appointment set up. It is going to be on 09/17 at Glenmont service.

IO told me that my previous FP from filing I751 still valid until Sep 22, that was why I never had gotten one. Has anyone experienced such a situation?

I really hope that my case would get going after the FP, it has been a wondered wait.

Here is my timeline:

Mailing: 04/27/08
PD: 04/29/08
NOA: 05/08/08 (to be notified in 180 days)
FP Notice: 09/06/08
FP Date: 09/17/08
IL: 09/25/08
ID: 10/22/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Any experience using Marc train or other public transportation from Rockville to USCIS Baltimore office?

Thanks

Any experience using Marc train or other public transportation from Rockville to USCIS Baltimore office?

Thanks

I haven't taken any train.. I drove my car. but I looked at the transportation internet (both Washington DC and Baltimore).

http://www.wmata.com/ (Washington metro and buses)
http://www.mtamaryland.com/index.cfm (Baltimore - marc, light rail, subway)

Marc train will be traveling to Union Station only in the morning. I suggest you take the metro to the Union station. From Union station you can take either Amtrack or Marc to Baltimore. Check out the internet sites that I mentioned above. Those sites include schedules/time and fares.

Hope this helps.

Me and my spouse applied N-400 at the same time ...sent applications in one envelope and FP's has been done together. However my spouse's IL haven't yet received and I am able to view orginal status of spouse. But I am not gettting my status update on their web site. Not sure why spouse's IL were not sent together though we've got our H1/H4, GC's together.

Here are details :
N-400 mailed to VSC
PD : May 2008
FP done : June 19th, 2008
IL received : last week
Scheduled interview : 9th Sept, 2008 after 10 am

Is there anyone in similar situation or had simililar situation and how long it took to receive their spouse's IL.

With best Wishes to everyone here in this board.
I had my interview in Baltimore and I have passed the test. I have noticed APPROVED stamp on my file and adj officer told me that I will be called for Oath in few day's-week's.

Can anyone tell me within how many day's/weeks I will be called for Oath? So far I did not received my spouse's interview letter yet.

Regards!

I applied the end of July, had my fingerprints done in Dec, interview in April, passed the test, told they are waiting for a file, had InfoPass last week & was told still waiting for my file. Got letter today that my fingerprints need to be redone this week bcause they were "unclassifiable". This is terrible!

So now after I do the fingerprints this time how long will it take for them to process my fingerprints. I understand that takes many months does it not? They did them last December now only telling me they are not readable.

How long will this fingerprint process now take another 8 months??

That's strange! The FP system is electronic/digital prints. If there is something wrong with the print it says "redo" or something like that at the bottom of the screen. After every print, my FP officer checked to see whether there was an okay at the bottom before he moved on.

I had my interview and oath done yesterday in Baltimore. It was a simple process similar to what mentioned by others.
I took Marc Camden line from DC’s Union Station to Camden. It’s just 5-minute walking from the station to the federal building. It is not bad choice if you have the interview and oath on the same day.

I have not started to apply passport.
Do I need to contact to SSA?

I had my interview and oath done yesterday in Baltimore. It was a simple process similar to what mentioned by others.
I took Marc Camden line from DC’s Union Station to Camden. It’s just 5-minute walking from the station to the federal building. It is not bad choice if you have the interview and oath on the same day.

I have not started to apply passport.
Do I need to contact to SSA?

Congratulations. Thanks for letting us know about transportation information. It is not mandatory to contact SSA, but you should go to SSA to update it. Make sure to photocopy your naturalization certificate before you apply for your passport because post office agency will take your original certificate in order to process issing your new passport and will return your certificate along with your new passport later.

Congratulations. Thanks for letting us know about transportation information. It is not mandatory to contact SSA, but you should go to SSA to update it. Make sure to photocopy your naturalization certificate before you apply for your passport because post office agency will take your original certificate in order to process issing your new passport and will return your certificate along with your new passport later.

Thanks a lot.
You have helped many people.