Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I saw some postings said they took civics test during FP but others said they were not offered such tests. It depends on the location of CIS office or just at random?

I took one 16 months back while doing FP ... now waiting for name check to be cleared and another FP.:(

Does anyone know whether I can take my kids along with me to the Baltimore office for my interview (and/or oath)?

Thanks

GhantaBro,

A friend of mine is on the same situation as yours.
He filed n400 in Dec 2006 and still waiting for Name Check.

My wife's I485 case took 18 months for her Name Check.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went for interview there were lots of people with kids. Some had brought infants in car seats. Interview will not take more than 10 minutes so you do not have to worry.

Here in the interesting thing - I already completed citizenship interview and waiting for oath ceremony. My online status still says " Your application was received on xx-JUL-2007 and it is under processing"

Here in the interesting thing - I already completed citizenship interview and waiting for oath ceremony. My online status still says " Your application was received on xx-JUL-2007 and it is under processing"

Hey! I have already taken the oath, got my certificate of naturalization, applied for a US passport (they cashed the checks today), and my status says exactly the same thing! :) Don't sweat it.

I have a question for anyone who may have experienced this before. My wife’s priority date is 11-3-06 and her original interview date was 5-8-07. We requested a rescheduling of the interview (Big mistake) because we were going to be out of the country. After contacting our Congressmen and Senator we were told she was in the que and scheduled for the next batch of interviews. Yesterday we received a letter stating her fingerprints had expired and needs to come in next week to have them taken again? OK now my question: Will this delay the scheduling of the actual interview? She was suppose to be scheduled in April. Name check was done the first time around so we shouldn't have to go through that again right? Also how do finger prints expire?

PD: 11-3-06
Orig interview: 5-8-07
New FP date: 4-4-08
Interview: ??

Earlier name check was done after the interview. You should go for infopass though. Seems like you will get the IL very soon as they have asked her for 2nd FP (again for many it does no good and they still have to wait months after 2nd FP). Stay positive, but go for Infopass as your file might be in the local office.

Fingerprints do expire after 15 months. I am guessing that you will have to wait again for the background check to come back from the FBI. Too bad you had to reschedule back in the day.

Just wanted to let you know about my friends who completed their interviews and got their citizeships.

My friend and his wife filed their N-400 applications on May 31, 2007 (Note date is June 5, 2007 for both him and his wife). They completed their citizenship interview in Baltimore, MD on Feb 7, 2008. They got their oath and received their US citizenship certificates on the same day of the interview. Their intervew went very smooth. so it took 7-8 months for them to complete the road to their citizenships. The interviewers asked them for tax returns and certificate marriage. They both answered their 6 history questions and wrote one sentence. By the way, they were interviewed separately.

I am waiting in my turn for interview since I sent my N-400 on December 18, 2007 (Notice date: Jan 8, 2008). I am also in Maryland.

Fingerprints do expire after 15 months. I am guessing that you will have to wait again for the background check to come back from the FBI. Too bad you had to reschedule back in the day.

Maybe her background check is done (was done)! Infopass!!!

Just got my interview letter today, I can't wait...yahoooo

07/26/07: Mailed N400
07/28/07: Delivered 5:19PM/priority date
08/27/07: Check cashed
11/08/07: received notice letter
11/13/07: Fingerprint Notice
11/24/07: Fingerprint Date
03/29/08: IL
05/15/08: Interview Date
xx/xx/xx Oath Ceremony?

Just got my interview letter today, I can't wait...yahoooo

07/26/07: Mailed N400
07/28/07: Delivered 5:19PM/priority date
08/27/07: Check cashed
11/08/07: received notice letter
11/13/07: Fingerprint Notice
11/24/07: Fingerprint Date
03/29/08: IL
05/15/08: Interview Date
xx/xx/xx Oath Ceremony?

Why not Google or Hotmail!

person from other forum with PD July 28, 2007 has received IL from Baltimore office on March 29th with ID May 8, 2008, she might come here herself and post more details later

and I wanted to quote from here http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1884158&postcount=37

just want to add a note here:

Jan 15 Baltimore, MD reported 05/02/2007 ,
feb 15th - 05/08/2007,
mar 15 - 05/31/2007

right now they have sent ILs to July 20s,

so probably the previous "slow" dates could have been also OATH based??