Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Unfortunate too

Ghanta-Bro,

You might soon receive a notice for finger printing again. Maybe that will help bring up your application for review again. I think finger prints expire in 15 months. I'm in the same boat: filed Feb 6, 2007. Please keep posting about the developments in your case.

my PD is dec. 19th, 2007. FP was done feb 13th. i called the 1800 number and was told my name and background check was cleared on feb. 18th and that i am in queue for an interview date but such date hasn't been set yet. man, i cannot wait :) alright baltimorians start posting. has anyone received the IL?

Can you please tell me which 1-800 number you called to find about your name check status? When I called the NCSC line, all I get is a recorded message.

Can you please tell me which 1-800 number you called to find about your name check status? When I called the NCSC line, all I get is a recorded message.

There is no 800 number to inquire about name check status. The only way to find out the status of your name check is to either A) Schedule an InfoPass, or B) Call the customer service line and hope that you're lucky enough to get the rep to transfer you to an IO. My suggestion is InfoPass.

Our dates are almost the same !!
99% of applicants take interview and test together. right ?

I hope so. That's what I am trying to find out.
A friend of mine had his interview on a Wednesday morning and got the Oath Ceremony the same day. That would be awesome if it was the same on the 19th.

Interview completed successfully

We, spouse & I became US citizens yesterday. Same day oath. No issues at all.

We reached the office at 10.45 am for 11 am interview. Spouse was called in a couple of minutes before 11Am, and was done in less than 10 minutes. Spouse took oath at 12.15 session.

I was called in at 11.40am and it took 25 minutes. I took oath at 3pm. Basically the officer went over the complete application form, and confirmed every information out there. I updated 3 rows of travel information, because I had travelled 3 times after applying. In fact while applying I was not in US, my spouse applied it along with his application. I had signed it and given it to him in May 2007.

I had expected some questions for me regarding my travel, but no questions at all. The process was very simple. The difference in interview time duration between mine & my spouse was only that his officer was very quick,and mine was slow.

Good luck to all of you. The thread where I have described my case, which is quite special.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1666900&postcount=1

Last edited by a moderator:
We, spouse & I became US citizens yesterday. Same day oath. No issues at all.

We reached the office at 10.45 am for 11 am interview. Spouse was called in a couple of minutes before 11Am, and was done in less than 10 minutes. Spouse took oath at 12.15 session.

I was called in at 11.40am and it took 25 minutes. I took oath at 3pm. Basically the officer went over the complete application form, and confirmed every information out there. I updated 3 rows of travel information, because I had travelled 3 times after applying. In fact while applying I was not in US, my spouse applied it along with his application. I had signed it and given it to him in May 2007.

I had expected some questions for me regarding my travel, but no questions at all. The process was very simple. The difference in interview time duration between mine & my spouse was only that his officer was very quick,and mine was slow.

Good luck to all of you. The thread where I have described my case, which is quite special.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1666900&postcount=1

Congratulations!

Have you applied US passports?

Can you still use India passports after oath?

I will be applying for expedited passports tomorrow. I cannot use Indian Passports anymore. But now I am not sure which visa should I apply at Indian embassy to continue my employment in India. Employment visa or just an entry visa ?

Baltimore interview and oath

Hello,

have interview next Thursday in Baltimore at 3pm.

just wondering if that time 3pm is too late for the oath ceremony the same day..any experiences? :confused:

Thanks!!

Interview in other State??

i moved to maryland and did all required address change with USCIS. I received the interview letter in two months after changing the address but my interview letter says to go to washington DO (Prosperity Ave) for the interview even though it is issued by the Baltimore DO.

What happens to Oath now? Could you take Oat in other state?

Please do not speculate only share your experience if this has happened to you.

Thanks.

i moved to maryland and did all required address change with USCIS. I received the interview letter in two months after changing the address but my interview letter says to go to washington DO (Prosperity Ave) for the interview even though it is issued by the Baltimore DO.

What happens to Oath now? Could you take Oat in other state?

Please do not speculate only share your experience if this has happened to you.

Thanks.

You won't be allowed to interview outside your current district of residence because they do not have jurisdiction over your case. I suggest you probably want to schedule an Infopass appointment and get this straightened out before the alloted date.

By the way, this is not speculation - there was a case exactly the same as this about a month back. The person went for an Infopass and the outcome was that the interview was canceled and rescheduled for the new DO.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=273994

You won't be allowed to interview outside your current district of residence because they do not have jurisdiction over your case. I suggest you probably want to schedule an Infopass appointment and get this straightened out before the alloted date.

By the way, this is not speculation - there was a case exactly the same as this about a month back. The person went for an Infopass and the outcome was that the interview was canceled and rescheduled for the new DO.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=273994

Thank you very much for a prompt posting with a link to a specific case. I have scheduled an info pass with The Baltimore DO for this coming thursday. I will post my findings.

Thanks