Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Same day oath?

My Interview is on Feb 14, 2008 at 9.40 AM. Do you think I will get the same day oath at Baltimore office? Can I request one?

All,
I received my finger printing notice today.
01/11/2008 sent N-400
01/15/2008 RD
01/16/2008 checks encashed
01/31/2008 FP ND
02/22/2008 FP Appointment Date

I am happy to post that both my wife and I received interview notice today. I am Indian Citizen/ VSC / Baltimore DO. See my timeline. I looked at online status and it still says :

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 17, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

So do not rely on online status. It may not disappear once interview notice is sent , as some people mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! You're finally done with everything, and will never have to deal with USCIS for the rest of your life!!;)

Congrats! You're finally done with everything, and will never have to deal with USCIS for the rest of your life!!;)
I hope so. One of my friends wife went for citizenship interview 7 months ago. Then they noted that they did not name check on her maiden name. They said they will give her approval notice after name check is complete. She is still waiting !

Congrats teleks, yes Baltimore has oath on wednesdays. depending on what time is your interview. My interview is on Feb 14 (Thursday) I will post an update how it goes.

I heard that if your interview is early in the morning (before 11am) - they let you take oath on same day. However mine is at 3pm on Wednesday 3/19/08.
A friend of mine with July 10th PD got his interview letter yesterday. I guess now June-July applications are moving ...

....eek, now is when I'm cringing. I guess the backlog was mostly after June-July, so us late filers should expect a slowdown I suppose? Are there any other late filers (post Sept 07 PD) left on this board from Baltimore?

Just got back from Fingerprinting...

For those of you like me, who sheepishly didn't pay attention to the address, the ASC (application support center) for fingerprinting is not at the regular CIS office at the Fallon Federal Building; it's across the street in the Bank of America Building -- where you take the escalators to the second floor. I spent about half an hour in the CIS office in the Fallon Building before someone spotted that I was in the wrong place.

The folks at the ACS are pretty clueless about N-400 procedures other than fingerprinting. When I asked, they even denied that there was such a thing as a "name check". They said the N-400 only had a fingerprint check, which we all clearly know is not true. They also said that regular naturalization interviews are conducted at the CIS office in the Fallon Building (across the street) and not at the location where fingerprints were taken.

Parking is abundant, especially if you get a morning interview/appt on a weekday. I commute daily to Baltimore city (have been doing so for the last 10 yrs so I know the city like the back of my hand), and there are plenty of parking meters on the 100-200 block on S. Charles.

Another option for those of you who don't want to pay extra for parking might be to park your car further down on Charles, or on one of the cross streets further downtown and take the metro to Charles.

I became a US citizen

Yesterday, Feb 14, 2008 (Valentines day) I became a United States citizen:D
yes finally. My priority date was June 11, 2007, fingerprinted and took test on July 12, 2007, interviewed and sworn in Feb 14, 2008. Interview was at 9:40 AM (Baltimore) but I was called in around 11 Am. It took about 20 minutes max. I was told if I want to come back for swear in for afternoon 3 PM. I sworn in at 3 PM and everything was over at 4 PM. Thank you for this forum. It has been a long journey but finally here I am. I am applying for my passport ASAP.

Congrats lulu12. Good to see that they are processing many June-July applications. It would be great if you can post interview experience.
You are lucky to have interview time in the morning. Because of this you could take oath on same day.

interview experience

well interview was pretty much going page by page of your application and confirm nothing changed. That means any travel, marriage taken place between application and interview period. That will be it. It is a 10 or 15 minutes process.

Good to see that our neighbors in Baltimore DO are fairing better (timewise) in getting their US Citizenship, good luck to everyone here. :)

Interview Date

I am going to have my interview 4 weeks from today. It is at 9am on Wednesday, March 19. After reading some posts I hope there will be an oath ceremony that day and that everything will be OK for me to take it.

I did not take the test at fingerprinting because it was not offered on the day I was there. I was wondering if the test is offered on the day of the interview at a certain time, or one can just take it while being interviewed.

has anyone who has applied after june-july gotten the interview letter? i applied in october '07, the file was returned to me for missing a document, then reapplied in december, priority date dec. 19th, did fingerprints on feb. 13th. wondering how long will the wait be?

Unfortunate

You guys are so lucky that your N400 filling is being done in a timely manner....

I had applied for N400 on 3rd Oct 2006, did my FP on Nov 2006 and have not heard anything after that... they tell me that is going through background checks... nothing more... I am so frustrated now... feel like going to Police Station and give myself to them claiming that I guess I AM A CRIMINAL...

Infopass, Letter to Congress, various Calls, Astrologist, Parmist nothing has solved my situation. God HELP!

GhantaBro - Just wait for couple of more months. Looks like people who applied in June/July are geting interview letters now. Lots of applications have been filed during second half of July which is slowing down everybody applied after that.