Baltimore N-400 Timeline

My wife and I had our interview today. Everything went well. I made copies of our income tax return, and marriage certificate. I wasn't asked for the ITR, but my wife's interviewer asked for it. She was also asked to provide a copy of our marriage certificate.

We both are scheduled to take our oath tomorrow, Oct 25, at 3:00 p.m.

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (based on USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (based on USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared (based on Bank's website)
04/02/07 Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt
04/05/07 Fingerprint Notice Received
04/11/07 Fingerprint Date (passed civics test)
09/19/07 Online Status Disappears
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date
10/25/07 Oath Ceremony 3pm

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date

Congratulations and Please clarify.

Hi Jerry
Congratulations ,Can you please let me know what time you had your interview yesterday? And What questions they asked you and your wife?
My wife has interview in the first week of November at 1PM. If she is done before 2 PM can she get the Oath the same day?
Please clarify.

Thanks

Thanks!

SROCKET,

Our interview was on the 24th at 2:20pm. We waited for about 30 minutes before we actually got called (individually/separately). I believe the schedule for the oath ceremonies is twice a week, and Thursday happens to be one of them. Not really sure what the other day of the week the other ceremony is scheduled.

The questions asked were all about the items filled out in the N-400 application form. The ones I remember were organization affilliations, and instances of police detension or conviction. I had a traffic ticket which I disclosed and paid for. Showed them the MVA and Court documents that it had already been paid.

Good luck to your wife.

Our oath taking ceremony went fine. Except for one item where they could not accommodate all my first (three) names. So after the ceremony, I brought it to the attention of one of the agents/facilitators, and she had the clerk correct it right away. They just put some white-off on the certificate, and typed my correct name over it. And then, they affixed another dry seal on the typed-over name.

There were 74 of us new Citizens.

ANYBODY KNOW OF A SIMILAR FORUM ON PETITIONING PARENTS? THANKS!

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date

What should my wife tell in the interview if the Officer asks << is your husband a US

Hi Jerry
Thanks for the info.
Hi Gurus ,
I have one more question for my wife’s interview. In the N400 Application at the time of filing we both were not US citizens. I came US citizen in OCT 2007. And My wife has interview next month first week. What should my wife tell in the interview if the Officer asks << is your husband a US citizen? At the time of filing I am not a citizen. Can some one please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

You can update pretty much anything during the interview. If asked, explain why the answer is now "yes" and move on. No big deal.

Priority date April at VSC,Baltimore for N-400

Hello Guys,

Priority date of N-400 is April. Till now I haven't received IL. My friends husband got his. Is somebody in the same boat? Please let me know. I am getting worried about my application.

Thanks.

Hello Guys,

Priority date of N-400 is April. Till now I haven't received IL. My friends husband got his. Is somebody in the same boat? Please let me know. I am getting worried about my application.

Thanks.

Has he called USCIS? The number is 1-800-375-5283 and tell him to follow teh prompts. He can also use his receipt number to check at www.uscis.gov. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't show up. Might be best for him to make an infopass appointment at the same website.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an oath date after your case has been sent to scheduling? Mine was sent either this morning or Friday.

N400 Applicant - PD April 23

Hi, my PD is also April 2007 -- 4/23/07. Also, NO IL at this time too. Hopefully, we (april applicants) will get our IL soon. I am planning to
travel (out of the country) 3rd week of Dec too.... Goodluck to us!

Hello Guys,

Thanks.

What exactly is your PD? Exact date? Thanks! Mine is 4/23/07

My PD is 4/23/07, and no IL yet!

Hello Guys,

Thanks.

Still waiting and waiting!!! I am so tired at waiting!!!

Still waiting and waiting!!! I am so tired at waiting!!!

I dunt think you should get upset... my PD was 03/23 which is a month before yours and I received my IL on Oct 9th... so should expect yours by Nov 9th..

A question I have is, what is a good source of preparing for the civics tests... i found a list of 100 questions on the USICS website, should that be enough??

Thanks,

April PD at VSC, Baltimore for N-400

What exactly is your PD? Exact date? Thanks! Mine is 4/23/07

My PD is same as your's. I am really getting worried because my friends husband PD was 1 week earlier than mine and he received the IL last Thursday for November 29th.

I dunt think you should get upset... my PD was 03/23 which is a month before yours and I received my IL on Oct 9th... so should expect yours by Nov 9th..

A question I have is, what is a good source of preparing for the civics tests... i found a list of 100 questions on the USICS website, should that be enough??

Thanks,

The questions that are available on the USCIS website are the same exact questions that the IO will ask you. Make sure that you study from the list of old questions, though, not the redesigned ones. The redesigned test will not be implemented until October 1, 2008, so just ignore that one.

US citizenship civic tests

Thanks,

There's a self-test at USCIS:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=9ff98424f8304110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Also, try these links:
http://www.immigration.com/citizenship/questions.html
http://usgovinfo.about.com/blinstst.htm
http://www.factmonster.com/quizzes/citizenship1/1.html

Also from USCIS:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=d1fc9f9934741110VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Hope this helps. Goodluck! Share your interview experience later.

gcx0222

Had my interview today

Scheduled at 8am. Arrived at 7:50. Its not necessary to go too early because they follow your scheduled time instead of by the time of arrival. Interview went smoothly, not hard questions at all. But was not able to take oath today because it was fully booked according to the interview officer.