Baltimore N-400 Timeline

GOT MY INTERVEW LETTER ALREADY!!!

WIFE
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (based on USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (based on USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared (based on Bank's website)
04/02/07 Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt
04/05/07 Fingerprint Notice Received
04/11/07 Fingerprint Date (passed civics test)
09/19/07 Online Status Disappears
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date

ME
03/13/07 Mailed N-400
03/16/07 Mail Delivered (based on USPS Tracking)
03/19/07 N-400 Received (based on USCIS Online Status)
03/20/07 Bank Check Cleared (based on Bank's website)
04/02/07 Received I-797C, Notice of Action receipt
04/05/07 Fingerprint Notice Received
04/11/07 Fingerprint Date (passed civics test)
09/19/07 Online Status Disappears
09/23/07 Received IL
10/24/07 Interview Date

Seems like Baltimore are running quite a bit slower than they were last year. I submitted my N-400 around the same time you did (but 1yr earlier), and took my oath in mid July 06.

Good luck for those upcoming interviews!

Address Change Problem and confusions-Please help

Our N400 application is under process in VSC. And we are from NJ and recently we moved to Maryland because we got to join the new job. Initially my husband filed the AR11 change of the Address form electronically (using USCIS website) he completed his and when he tried to file my AR11,for some reason ,there was a problem. It didn’t go through. So the next day we both called the USCIS customer service number and informed our change of Address,
The officer was a lady , She took both of our details and mentioned us that she updated the address on both of our application. And she also mentioned that we are in the queau for the interview and when ever there is a opening ,we will be informed or called for the interview.
The next day my husband got an email stating that his address has been updated.
The next week he received an interview letter. But I didn’t receive any.
So the next day I again filed the AR11 change of the Address form electronically (using USCIS website) and next day I called the the USCIS customer service number.
This time the officer mentioned that still the old address is showing on my application and it was not updated. And he said he will update the address
So to make sure that he updated this time , I called again the next day.
This time too the officer said still my application is showing the old address and he said he will update the address. (Here we notice one problem ,The place (new place where we are living (the zip code(one zip code) has two names , (two street names) both names comes to the same address) may be the county has updated. When I try to tell the name I used , He says his GPS system is showing the other name and he updated my address with other name. I told this to the Home owner and he mentioned that both are same and it is not a problem.
After two day I received a letter from INS stating that my address was updated based on my AR11 electronic application. (here the street name given by the Home owner)

Again next day I received one more letter from INS stating that my address Is updated based on phone enquiry (here Street taken by the officer according to his GPS) Both to the same location.

I called the USPS and enquired about the street name, they mentioned they both are same. Any letter that has these name will come to the same address and I don’t need to worry.

Do I need to worry about ,Should I call USCIS again and inform them about this or just leave it and wait.

Please help

I believe you are worrying unnecessarily. You've taken the necessary action of submitting an AR-11 and calling the 800 number, now you must wait for the interview letter.

Since you moved from NJ to MD you will both need to wait a minimum of 90 days to establish legal residency in MD before you are eligible for interview. The interviews themselves will most likely be conducted at Baltimore DO (a friendly and reasonable efficient place), and you may also have the opportunity for same-day-oath.

It sounds to me like your husband's interview letter may have been sent prematurely. Is the appointment for NJ or MD? If its NJ, you may as well cancel it now since that DO no longer has jurisdiction over your case.
Edit/Delete Message

My Husband's Interview letter is for Baltimore.

My Husband's Interview letter is for Baltimore. And i am waiting for mine.

No IL

You will most likely get your ILs with the next batch they send out as your PD is closer to end of March. My PD is 2/5/07, still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Citizenship Process Completed.

We received US passports by USPS express mail today.

Looks like the passport processing is back to normal now.

There is a lot of useful information in this thread which helped during the process.

Good luck for those who are in the process and waiting for IL.

Could anyone who have done interviews in the Baltimore Service Center recently share your experience whether you had your Oath on the same day? I just received my interviw letter for a scheduled interview on Nov. 6. Thanks.

Same-day-oath in Baltimore only seems to be carried out Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Mondays and Fridays the ceremonies are in the morning, which is too early for anybody to get added on the list.

Even though your appointment is for a Tuesday, there is no guarantee that you'll get to take the oath, however it could be a possibility. Ceremony is usually at 3pm, with a variable cutoff time around 2:00 - 2:30 for those being interviewed.

Good luck.

Same-day-oath in Baltimore only seems to be carried out Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Mondays and Fridays the ceremonies are in the morning, which is too early for anybody to get added on the list.

Even though your appointment is for a Tuesday, there is no guarantee that you'll get to take the oath, however it could be a possibility. Ceremony is usually at 3pm, with a variable cutoff time around 2:00 - 2:30 for those being interviewed.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. My interview is at 8:20am. Hopefully I can have the Oath ceremony on the same day.

Please help me, jjyct!!!

Could anyone who have done interviews in the Baltimore Service Center recently share your experience whether you had your Oath on the same day? I just received my interviw letter for a scheduled interview on Nov. 6. Thanks.

Dear jjyct,

I got to know that you just received IL for interview date of Nov. 6. Congratulations!!!

I submitted my N400 application on Apr. 23 '07, and longing for my IL!!! (I need to go back to my home country this Xmas, and until now no interview yet!).

Could you please kindly let me know:
- What date you submitted your N400 application?
- What date is your IL notice?

Based on your information, I do hope I could estimate my date of interview, jjyct!

Many thanks for your soonest response!!!

Good luck with your interview!

There is a possibility you are stuck in namecheck. You can find out by taking an Infopass when at least 6 months have elapsed. If you go earlier than that, the person at the counter can often be less-than-helpful.

Hi All:

Any news on Interview Letters for people who applied around mid/end March 2007?

My Priority date is March 29, 2007 and did my FP on April 19, 2007, but still waiting for my Interview Letter.

I am able to see my case status as pending online still and it says my file is at VSC. What does it mean?

Anyone else waiting for IL, with the above PD?

Should I start worrying about name check status, pursue with Senators etc. now or is it too early for that?

Thanks for any info.

My PD is 26th March, with FP on April 19th. Got my IL on Tuesday with a date of Nov 8th...

did you put anything for social clubs or anything like that?

Hi
With the blessing of our goddess Sri Mahalakshmi, I finished my N400 process successfully yesterday. My wife’s is scheduled for next month.
Had the interview at 8.30 AM and oath ceremony at 3PM.
The interviewing officer is very friendly.
Asked six questions and I answered them all right and I was asked to read and write a sentence and then he gave me the oath letter for 3PM and congratulations paper recommending for oath.
Thanks to all the members in the forum, This helped me a lot.
Total time taken is 8 months
I will furnish all the details once my wife is done with her interview.

Thanks