Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Johnathan,
I did ask him if my name/background check had completed.. He said yes (after looking at the file)... He even gave a timeline of a week or two for me to hear from them.. and also said I will then have to come back again for the oath...
Keeping my finger crossed it is a "trainee officer" :) situation only.. will keep everyone posted..

a_dude

HI dude! I researched the web and this is what I found.
I am also giving you a link but I will paste parts of the text that deal with need for supervisors review. Hope you will get some information out of this.
This is a guideline for IOs (their Field Manual) when they finished initial examination (interview)

-You must grant an application if the applicant meets all statutory requirements for naturalization (see 8 CFR 335). In order to understand each of the specific statutory requirements, familiarize yourself with the sections of this manual relating to: residence, Chapter 73.1 - 73.5; good moral character, Chapter 73.6; English and Civics, Chapter 73.8 and Attachment to the Constitution, Chapter 73.7.)

You must make a decision whether to grant an application either at the time of the initial examination or within 120 days after the initial examination. [See section 335 of the Act and 8 CFR 335.3.)

If a case does not require NQP supervisory concurrence, you may tell the applicant at the end of the interview that his or her application has been approved and that he or she must take the oath of allegiance to complete the citizenship process. Also provide the applicant with an N–652, a form used to record the applicant’s interview results. See also Chapter 72.2(d) for a more complete discussion of forms used during the process. Once you decide to grant the application, you should take the following processing steps that are detailed in the following questions and corresponding answers below..bla bla bla...

Here is next:
8) Naturalization Quality Procedures (NQP). NQP requires that you take several steps when approving an N–400. For details regarding the specific NQP requirements, see Appendix 72-1, NQP Sections V, VI, and VII.

In certain situations, NQP requires that a supervisor review a naturalization case before it can be officially granted. To review these specific situations and the nature of the review, see Appendix 72-1, NQP Section VI.

To ensure that all steps in the processing of the N–400 have been followed and annotated on the processing worksheet, and as a final check to ensure that USCIS does not naturalize an ineligible applicant, the NQP includes a reverification procedure for all approved applications. To review the reverification procedures, see Appendix 72-1, NQP Section VII.

Make sure that you understand and comply with the NQP. First, you should have received the required NQP training and you should stay abreast of any NQP changes. Second, carefully and completely fill out the N–400 adjudications processing worksheet while you are conducting the interview. Complying with the NQP procedures and properly filling out the worksheet will ensure that anyone who reviews your work will see a file that accurately and clearly reflects the quality work you have done.

A re-verifier is not responsible for re-adjudicating cases. However, as a USCIS officer, if he or she notices that an applicant has not established eligibility, the officer has the responsibility to take the appropriate action. Moreover, re-verification does not replace normal supervisory responsibilities and duties.

And you might check this link out yourself:
http://uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dll/in...d-11871?fn=document-frame.htm&f=templates&2.0

Hope you could use any of this info.
I wish you good luck!!!!!!!
Johnathan

Thanx!!

Johnathon,
Thanx for the awesome web search !!! Will keep u posted as to what happens..

a_dude

Hi,

I'm a new member to this forum and just started the citizenship process in Maryland.

Here is my timeline:

Priority Date: Oct 21, 2005
FP Date: Dec 2, 2005
Civics/History Test taken: Dec 2, 2005

Thanks for all the information you guys have provided.

USC1 said:
Hi,

I'm a new member to this forum and just started the citizenship process in Maryland.

Here is my timeline:

Priority Date: Oct 21, 2005
FP Date: Dec 2, 2005
Civics/History Test taken: Dec 2, 2005

Thanks for all the information you guys have provided.

How the hell did you take your Civics/History test the same day you took your FP?

Publicus said:
How the hell did you take your Civics/History test the same day you took your FP?

i got mine done the same day i had my FP taken as well. i have read in some posts that certain ASCs offer same day civics/history tests if the computers aren't down. i went to Glenmont ASC. luckily, when i went there, the lady that was administering the test was there and i was able to take it same day as they took my FP.

FP and Civics Test on the same day

The Glenmont Plaza office in Wheaton administers the FP and Civics Test on the same day. I was asked if I wanted to take the test. The test was pretty simple, with 10 multiple chioce questions. I was done with the Finger printing and the test in less than an hour.

Interview notice received!

Hi Le1228 and Jonathan,

I just got the interview notice.

N-400 Timeline:

Priority Date: 9/10/05
Fingerprints taken 10/19/05
Interview notice received: 12/7/05
Interview scheduled on: 1/10/06

Will keep you posted.

Emily

Hi Emily!!!!!!!!
First of all CONGRATS on your IL!!!!!!!!!
Boy, your interview is being scheduled less than month from now. Good for you!!!!!!
Other folks (incl. myself) still waiting :(
But eventually we'll get there too.
Please share your experience after your interview.
Congrats once again and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Emily!!! I'm very happy for you. I hope you already know the answers for all the 100 question :) GOOD LUCK with the interview and make sure you tell us how it went in details :)

congratulations emily on your receipt of the interview letter!!! good luck on your upcoming interview. i'm sure you'll do fine. please keep us posted on what happens on your interview.

Hi all. I have my interview in Baltimore this afternoon but only just found this forum! I am concerned about the weather; does anyone know if the USCIS closes in bad weather? Ah well, probably too late to be asking now; I shall find out in a few hours.

jeremai said:
Hi all. I have my interview in Baltimore this afternoon but only just found this forum! I am concerned about the weather; does anyone know if the USCIS closes in bad weather? Ah well, probably too late to be asking now; I shall find out in a few hours.

Jeremai,
There is no government office closure in Baltimore today.. Also from my expereince a few years ago, that it takes a lot of bad weather to close the office. It seems improbable that the office will be clsoed.. Best of luck on ur interview and let us know what happens there..
a_dude

a_dude said:
Jeremai,
There is no government office closure in Baltimore today.. Also from my expereince a few years ago, that it takes a lot of bad weather to close the office. It seems improbable that the office will be clsoed.. Best of luck on ur interview and let us know what happens there..
a_dude

Thanks so much for that. I am leaving work now. :)

Jeremai,
good luck with your interveiw and let us know how it went. Also, please, post your timeline - when did you apply?

Well, everything went smoothly. The interviewer was friendly and asked me if I was a football fan in the UK. He looked at my passport, green card and ID, very quickly ran through my application to verify everything (we had a second child since applying so he added that, but did not ask for any evidence) and then asked for documentation. He didn't specifically request things (and I had taken my whole life with me!) so I gave him copies of tax returns, three months of bank statements and three months of mortgage statements. I was applying based on marriage, BTW. I had made copies of tax returns for the last three years, and the transcripts I had requested from the IRS arrived in the mail right before I left the house today so I took those too, and he took all of it.

I had taken my civics and English test when I went for fingerprinting, so the interview lasted probably not more than five mintues. He was trying to get me through by 2pm so that I could go to the oath ceremony at three, and we finished right before two, so I was able to.

I'm glad to finally be done with USCIS, and that it ended up being so much quicker than I expected to get citizenship. Here is my timeline:

August 15th - USCIS received application
September 21st - Fingerprinting
September 21st - Took civics test
November 3rd - Received interview date
December 15th - Interview and oath ceremony

Jeremai, CONGRATULATIONS! that is wonderful news :) I'm very happy for you and your family to finaly be done with INS :)
one question, how did you request those transcripts from INS?

le1228 said:
Jeremai, CONGRATULATIONS! that is wonderful news :) I'm very happy for you and your family to finaly be done with INS :)
one question, how did you request those transcripts from INS?

Thanks!

I requested the transcripts from the IRS by calling the number on this page:
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html
Although you can't request them online, they have a fully automated phone system; you punch in your social security number and the years you want. I didn't know that USCIS might want to see these until the last minute, so I requested them last week and they got here just in time. As I said, he took the photocopies of the returns AND the transcripts, but I think one or the other would have been just fine.

congratulations jeremai!

as for me, i received my interview notice letter in the mail yesterday. woohoo! the letter came from VSC as opposed to Baltimore DO. my interview appt date is on january 31, 2006. keeping my fingers crossed and 'oping that everything will go smoothly just like most of the people who had their interview/oath already. jeremai, where did you have your interview/oath in baltimore?

Last edited by a moderator: