Baltimore N-400 Timeline

kaolack said:
Hi to all,

I think that I am seeing the end of the tunnel. I am currently in Baltimore, waiting for my oath ceremony scheduled at 3:00pm (same day). I had my interview at 9:00 am and it went well . The room was rather crowed, but there was a good vibe. The lady that interviewed me was of hispanic descent and fairly young. She was really professional and relax. She asked my for my passport, driver license ( I had a state ID instead), my green card. She asked me why I did withdraw my application from Florida. The reason was that I was moving to Maryland and it would have taken longer. She went over my application, asked me some random questions to confirm what was on my application. I filled out some forms and she has me if I wanted to take my oath this afternoon. I almost forgot to mention.... She did not ask anything about traffic violations ( driving tickets). The biggest help was from the senators of the state of Maryland. My file was lost in Florida and they did expedite the transfer because of the senator's request. I would recommend it to anyone who is having a problem witrh the Immigration Services. I will get back to you after the ceremony.

Thanks to all for your input and insights. Hangin' there!

Kaolack.

Congrat!

Which Senator

Koalack,

Which senator did you use. Barbara Mikulski or Paul Sarbanes.

How did you contact them? email, phone or letter? Can you please post your experience with them

Finally got it!!!

Hi to all,

I finally got my citizenship. Thanks God!! The ceremony ( Baltimore) went well. We went to the 7th floor. The ceremony lasted 20 to 30 mns. We took the oath and we were given the naturalization certificate after that. There were 42 countries represented.
Regarding the senators, Paul Sarbanes was my first choice. The staff do keep up with your request. They will send you copies of e-mail sent on your behalf to the immigration service. Just make sure you give them enough information to work with. They are really professional. Make sure you have everything asked for your interview ( selective service, taxes.....).

I will check the board once in while and answer some of your questions. I wish the rest of you on the board to keep sharing ideas and insight. I also wish you the best of luck!!!! It is not a big deal. Just use the resources available and use some common sense as well !

Take care.

Kaolack.

kaolack said:
Hi to all,

I finally got my citizenship. Thanks God!! The ceremony ( Baltimore) went well. We went to the 7th floor. The ceremony lasted 20 to 30 mns. We took the oath and we were given the naturalization certificate after that. There were 42 countries represented.
Regarding the senators, Paul Sarbanes was my first choice. The staff do keep up with your request. They will send you copies of e-mail sent on your behalf to the immigration service. Just make sure you give them enough information to work with. They are really professional. Make sure you have everything asked for your interview ( selective service, taxes.....).

I will check the board once in while and answer some of your questions. I wish the rest of you on the board to keep sharing ideas and insight. I also wish you the best of luck!!!! It is not a big deal. Just use the resources available and use some common sense as well !

Take care.

Kaolack.

Congratulations!!!

Oath Timeline : Passed Citizenship Test Jun 14, 2005`

I had my interview on Jun 14, 2005 at 2:00 PM in Baltimore, Hopkins Plaza.

The officer reviewed the N-400 application information and also tested me on US History and Government structure.

Upon completion of the interview she gave me a paper that states, I have completed requirements for US history and Civics knowledge and I should wait for mail from USCIS to take the oath ceremony.

It is over 16 days and I understand Baltimore conducts oath ceremony daily.

1. Can someone advise how long I have to wait ?
2. Is someone else also waiting for this letter to take the Oath ?

Any personal experience or information on this would be most appreciated.

Thank You

waiting for oath after interview

looks like yours is a similar case to mine. my officer told me that my fbi name check has not come back yet. it's an indefinite waiting period :( . so far the only recourse i've found is filing a writ of mandamus through a lawyer after 4 months from your interview date. i've seen couple of cases on this forum where they got it within 3 months after filing the writ of mandamus.

if anyone knows what the best course of action is for us waiting for the name check to clear, i'm all ears.

thanks

Could you share with us your timeline?

kaolack said:
Hi to all,

Take care.

Kaolack.

Hi Kaolack,

Congratulations!

Could you share with us your timeline? Thanks!

rules during n-400 name check pending

My FBI namecheck for N-400 is pending. i wanted to find out what are the rules regarding moving during this period. I applied for n-400 while being a resident of Maryland. my interview was done on 6/21 but my name check is pending. can i move to another state while i wait for it to clear and still have my application not affected? can i still take oath in baltimore DO if i move? any other things that might be affected if move to another state?
thanks

Waiting for Interview letter

Thanks mozelack. Do you know when did you receive your IL?

My PD is 5/2/05
FP - 6/10/05
Waiting for IL

Interview letter received

Received interview letter today. Below is my timeline:
-g

Timeline:VSC->Baltimore
----------------------------------------
05/13/05: Priority Date :)
05/23/05: Notice Date :)
06/03/05: FP Notice :)
06/21/05: FP Appointment :)
08/04/05: Interview Letter received :)
09/27/05: Interview Date :confused:
99/99/05: Oath :eek:
-----------------------------------------

Good luck mozelack with your interview tomorrow. Please share your experience after its all done.

Hi!

Well, i went for my interview today. it went well and i am now a US citizen.
i took the oath today.
They called me in at 10:20 , exactly when my interview was.
He swore me in and then he went over my application, then i took the civics , and english test.
Had me sign my photos and the application. then asked me if i wanted to take the oth today and i said yes. at 3:00pm 48 people took the oath today .