Baltimore N-400 Timeline

not true

Future-American said:
Hey Guys,

Mr Luna has his interview on the 24 and I made an appointment with the passport agency on the 25 so he could get it one day. One can get passport in one day if you have all the travel dates and document with you.
Sony55, you had you interview on the 7th and you are waiting for your oath letter; I dont know your district office but the baltimore one does same day interview and oath if everything is fine and name check is clear.
Mr Luna does not have to wait for his letter and I am pretty sure he has a straith forward case. Moreover I am sure he will take his oath on the same day. He will be all clear to get his passport on the 25 at the passport agency in washington dc on the 25 after paying all the fee for expedite.
Mr Luna again good luck on Thursday and keep us posted

I am waiting in Baltimore scince feb 2004

ateganda29 said:
congratulations jeremai!

as for me, i received my interview notice letter in the mail yesterday. woohoo! the letter came from VSC as opposed to Baltimore DO. my interview appt date is on january 31, 2006. keeping my fingers crossed and 'oping that everything will go smoothly just like most of the people who had their interview/oath already. jeremai, where did you have your interview/oath in baltimore?

Thanks and good luck with your interview. As you say, there have been a lot of positive experiences posted on here, so hopefully you will be fine too. I had my interview and oath at the Fallon Federal Building, downtown.

Hi all,
I have good news and not so good news. The good one - I got interview letter today! :) the interview is scheduled for Feb.8th. Now not so good news - it's scheduled for 2 p.m. which means even if my name check is cleared and my documents are fine and the interview will go okay, I won't be able to go through the oath on the same day :( I'm thinking of going there earlier than 2 p.m., say around 1 p.m. Do you think they will let me in? and most importantly, would they interview me before 2 p.m.?

le1228 said:
Hi all,
I have good news and not so good news. The good one - I got interview letter today! :) the interview is scheduled for Feb.8th. Now not so good news - it's scheduled for 2 p.m. which means even if my name check is cleared and my documents are fine and the interview will go okay, I won't be able to go through the oath on the same day :( I'm thinking of going there earlier than 2 p.m., say around 1 p.m. Do you think they will let me in? and most importantly, would they interview me before 2 p.m.?
I say go and give it a shot to show up early.
If not, what's wrong with next day oaht, you guys are so spoiled lol :)
In my DO, even if everything was perfect %100, they send the letter in 5 weeks!

Good luck!

sOny

ateganda29 said:
congratulations jeremai!

as for me, i received my interview notice letter in the mail yesterday. woohoo! the letter came from VSC as opposed to Baltimore DO. my interview appt date is on january 31, 2006. keeping my fingers crossed and 'oping that everything will go smoothly just like most of the people who had their interview/oath already. jeremai, where did you have your interview/oath in baltimore?

I've noticed at Jeremai and your time line too, that you took your english and civic test same day with the FP. How comes? I've never heard something like this before. I thought that Civic and English tests should be taken at the interview!? I'll have my FP at the end of December. Should I prepare myself for the Civic test too?

vulpasin said:
I've noticed at Jeremai and your time line too, that you took your english and civic test same day with the FP. How comes? I've never heard something like this before. I thought that Civic and English tests should be taken at the interview!? I'll have my FP at the end of December. Should I prepare myself for the Civic test too?

I had never heard of it too, but the day I went for my fingerprinting they were asking everyone if they wanted to take the test at the same time. Those who said yes were taken into a small classroom-type room where copies of the standard questions and answers were provided to read until the room filled up. I was the first in the room so I had about 10 minutes to read through and memorize everything which was good seeing as I was unprepared. Obviously the last person to enter the room did not have any time to read through them.

Another good point about this was that the test was administered on paper with four multiple choice answers for each question. This made it really easy to pick the correct answer. Those who have taken the test verbally during interview have said they are not given the multiple choice answers. So YES, you definitely want to prepare yourself in case you are offered the test on your FP date!

I have no idea why they are doing this but I assume it is to push applicants through quicker seeing as a room full of people can take the test at the same time, and the interviews therefore become shorter.

BTW, I had purchased the civics flash cards with all the questions and answers on. If anybody would like these please send me a private message. I'm happy to give them away and would only ask for the postage cost in return. They are $8 if you order them through USCIS.

le1228 said:
Hi all,

I echo Sony's statement to give it a shot and show up early. The receptionist who took my appointment letter didn't even look at it to check my appointment time to make sure I wasn't too early. My interview was scheduled for 1.20 but I didn't get called back until 1.40. As I posted before, the officer was very aware of the time and went through everything as quickly as possible to get my file in the box by 2.

Good luck!

Got the interview letter

Hi,

I got the interview letter y'day. My interview date is on Feb 8th at 9.00 am.

Le1228,
My interview is on the same date as yours.

Here is my timeline:
PD: Oct 21, 2005
FP: Dec 02, 2005
Civics Test/History Test Taken: Dec 02, 2005
Interview notice date: Dec 21, 2005
Interview date: Feb 08, 2005

vulpasin said:

vulpasin,

The Glenmont plaza office in Wheaton conducts the Civics test on the same day with the FP. The officer there was telling us, that Maryland is the only state which offers the civics test on the same day as FP.

USC1 said:
vulpasin,

The Glenmont plaza office in Wheaton conducts the Civics test on the same day with the FP. The officer there was telling us, that Maryland is the only state which offers the civics test on the same day as FP.

Thank you Jeremai and USC1. Good luck in the future.

Hello there!!
I was busy so I did not have time to give you update on my case.
First of all CONGRATULATIONS JEREMAI on becoming USC
and to all of you who received ILs.
I received mine Dec 16th and ID is for Jan 19th 2006.
It seems that Baltimore DO is one of the fastest in the country.
Good Luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!
My time line:

PD: 09/29/05
FP: 11/25/05
IL: 12/16/05
ID: 01/19/06
Oath: xxxxxxx

Thank you very much dude!!!!
Any updates in your case?!?!
I truly hope that you hear from them soon.
Wishing you all Happy and safe Holidays!!!!!
Johnathan

Baltimore N-400 time line

PD; Aug 26, 05
FP; Oct 15, 05
Interview; Dec 22, 05

result: decision pending security clearance

The interviewer had no idea about the time frame for the security clearance. She asked me to contact her directly if I want to.

johnathan said:
Thank you very much dude!!!!
Any updates in your case?!?!
I truly hope that you hear from them soon.
Wishing you all Happy and safe Holidays!!!!!
Johnathan
Johnathan,
Thanx!!! I am still waiting... Did an infopass appointment.. Did not get any useful info.. The officer just said that they have 6 months to make their decision... Keeping my fingers crossed...

a_dude

N400-05, do you have a common name (first and/or last names). just wondering what triggers why some people get stuck on the checks (name, security, background, etc).

johnathan, goodluck on your interview on the 16th!

Hi guys!!!!!
Dude,as far as I know they have 120 days (not 6 months) after interview to make decision unless some background check is pending (even then you have the right to file Writ of Mandamus after 120 days of course) but your background checks have been completed, so I think you are dealing with Naturalization Quality Procedure in your case.
Also I did another web search about Naturalization Quality Procedure ( I think you are stuck there my friend) and it says that cases could also randomly be selected for review and not only IO's supervisors but audit division from CIS review them as well, and the background of so called Naturalization Quality Procedure (NQP) is that in the past applications have been approved but applicants actually were NOT eligible for naturalization therefore they implemented several procedures (incl. random auditing) to ensure proper approvals and also to establish quota of how many applications without meeting naturalization requierements have been approved.If you want to , just google it yourself and be prepared to read a whole bunch about it.
Hope this helps you and your oath ceremnoy will be conducted soon.
Thank you very much ATEGANDA29, and I wish you Good Luck for your interview as well.
I think Emily's interview is a week before mine, so hopefully we will hear from how it went.
I will definetely keep you guys updated.
Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N400-05 said:
PD; Aug 26, 05
FP; Oct 15, 05
Interview; Dec 22, 05

result: decision pending security clearance

The interviewer had no idea about the time frame for the security clearance. She asked me to contact her directly if I want to.
Hi! N400-05
Did the interviewer give u a form n-652? If yes, what did she mark? Did she/he give u any other forms? Thanx in advance for the info..

a_dude

background check

Apply for naturalization in april,2002 at baltimore uscis office
Finger print in august,2005
Interview in december,2005.At time time of interview i remove my surname.
Till now my case is under background check.it is so long time.i really fed up with USCIS.
what i can do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied today

Timeline: N-400 -> Vermont SC -> Baltimore DO
01/04/06: Mailed Application
01/04/06 : Received a traffic ticket for going 64 on 55