Baltimore N-400 Timeline

shareef_aadmi said:
gg11, Congrats. Is there a reason why you are taking the oath after a couple of weeks instead of the same day?

I requested a name change, they have to get the court order for the same, which will take couple weeks itseems.

Hi, i also requested a name change on my N-400., from my maiden name to my married name.
Should i also anticipate a wait? :eek:
I guess i will see when i go for my interview.

Interview

I had my interview today at Baltimore 4 months and 15 days after I applied.

The interview was very formal and dry. She went over the information from the applciation and the only thing she asked for extra was this years tax return.

After that she said she had everything to approve the case EXCEPT.....

the infamous Name Check clearence.

Well, I am one of the unlucky who will be joining the club. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
mozelack said:
Hi, i also requested a name change on my N-400., from my maiden name to my married name.
Should i also anticipate a wait? :eek:
I guess i will see when i go for my interview.

I guess so, they need to get a court order with changed name. The officer made me to sign a petition for name change. I am changing my name from Maiden to Married one too.

Newbi question

Hi! ,
I am contemplating filing for citizenship as I have recently become eligible to do so. I am also contemplating getting married in a few months. My fiance is a GC holder. My question is: what is the impact of filing for my citizenship now (while I am single) and if by the time I get my interview I am married. Will I have to amend the application or what? Will it complicate things?

a_dude

waiting for interview letter

Hi!
My FP was on 3/10/05, my husband's on 3/11/05, one day later than me. But he got interview letter only two weeks later. The interview will take on 5/18/05. Unfortunately,I got nothing.
My birthday was wrong on my Green Card. I did not change it. So when I got the receipt of N400, I found that it was a wrong birthday--the same with my GC. So I wrote a letter to the INS Office as the receipt letter requested.
Is it the reason that I do not get a IL?
Any number can I call?
I am living in MD.

Thank you for help!!!

I mailed my N400 on 01/31/05,
got the receipt (I-797C, Notice of Action) on Feb. Notice Date 02/07/05
FP on 03/10/05

My husband's:
mailed N400 on 02/03/05
FP 03/11/05
ID 05/18/05

And I checked online my Portfolio today, it said:"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system".
Does that mean something?

Interview Date

Mine and my wife's PD is 2/5/05, FP 3/10/05. We're still waiting for my interview letter. Had few questions:
1) what's can be my expected date for getting IL based on the experiences/predictions of people on this forum. I've noticed Shareef_Admi's predictions. any shot at mine? what's the lates

2) what's the best way to check status on my case (the 800 number and website don't go anywhere). i've scheduled an infopass appt on may 16 at baltimore DO. is there any other way?

3) How do I verify whether my fingerprinting/namecheck went ok. i called the fingerprinting place, they only say the prints were legible and the results were sent to INS immediately. when i called the namecheck place, she asked me send an email for which i've not received any reply for the last 2 months. any tips on getting status update on these?

thanks for your help

I have tried to check my status online too, it says the same thing.
On my receipt letter at the bottom it says that online status is unavailable with this type of application.

It also seems strange that you sent your N-400 in before your husbands and he had his fingerprints done the following month, and also got his interview letter.
My timeline is:

PD 3/11/05
fp 5/9/05

I think the reason yours is delayed is because of the Birthdate on your GC is incorrect. they probabky have to fix that first. i would make an info pass appt and talk to someone that may be able to help you.

Prediction

Lagarwal,

1) It usually takes 3.5 months - 4 months to receive the IL and the interview itself is scheduled between 4.5 - 5 months after PD if it is a straighforward case without address changes, DO changes etc. So based on that I would expect you to receive your IL by end of May and the interview between June 20-30.

2) No way to check status other than info pass. Online does not work for anybody from Baltimore. I wouldnt sweat it. Just wait another month or so Baltimore is very consistent.

3) If they said the FP was legible and sent back. That is all you need to know. You can be sure it was cleared (unless you know you robbed a bank :) )

As far as namecheck. Send email and wait. Some people have had luck by sending certified mail to hardy. If you figure out a better way let me know

I got it!

hi, there
I got the interview letter today!!!

Thanks Mozelack!!! :)

After I saw somebody here talks about this( I copy a little as following),I tried and I can add my receipt number yesterday! And "last updated" is 4/30/05.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CanTex said:
"I had created a login profile about a month ago and from time to time have tried to "add" my receipt number to my portfolio -- with no success. Yesterday was the first time I was able to do this......

...I received my appointment letter today! Ability to add your case # to the portfolio seems to signal your appointment has been scheduled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
copy from :
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=165136

Wonderful news !!!!

let us know how it goes.

I go monday for FP. i hope i get to take the civics/History test at the same time.

When is your interview??

hi,mozelack,

My interview day is 06/17/05. Just 4 months and half. :)

I did not know that I can take the civics/History test at the same time. :( So I did not take it,when they asked me. But I told my husband that, he passed it!