Baltimore N-400 Timeline

You can call the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division at (304) 625-5590; choose that you are a private individual (as opposite of law enforcement) navigate the menu. They will ask you for your name and A#. Please note that they will not update anything regarding name check, just fingerprinting clearance status. In my case the lady said that they cleared it the same day they received it.

I have called FBI today and I was told that my results were submitted to USCIS on the same day. They didn't say anything like CLEARED or NOT CLEARED. Do I need to ask them the results?

I was also told the same thing by FBI that the fingerprints were received on so date and so date [which was the date I fingeprinted] and results sent back to the requesting agency on so and so date [which happened to be the same day]. I assume if the fingerprints hit a match in their black list database, they would not have cleared it back to USCIS and would have done additional processing. Since they sent it back within 1 day, it probably means they gave their blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question : I received my fingerprint appointment date. It will be July 10th Friday at 2 pm in Wheaton... However , I am scheduled to work at 3 pm.. My question is on that day if i go to fingerprint center little bit early lets say around 11 am , is there a chance to finish everything before 2 pm ?

Or do they call people to take fingerprints always on scheduled time ?

I have tried for an earlier date appointment but wasn't allowed. But you want to do on the same day so you can give it a shot.
(My wife's scheduled appointment time was 10am but her FP was done at 9am.)

Interview date

I applied mine on May 04, 2009. completed the FP on 05/01/2009. I received the Interview date for August 16th.
My wife applied on the same day as mine and she had the FP done on the same day, but she has not received the letter for the interview yet.

has anybody seen this happening? I received the interview letter, but not my wife, and it is already 2 weeks now.

I applied mine on May 04, 2009. completed the FP on 05/01/2009. I received the Interview date for August 16th.
My wife applied on the same day as mine and she had the FP done on the same day, but she has not received the letter for the interview yet.

has anybody seen this happening? I received the interview letter, but not my wife, and it is already 2 weeks now.

You can call the USCIS customer service line and speak to an IO (second level support). I also had a similar concern but thankfully it is resolved now. In my case my wife got the interview date, but I didn't receive any interview notice. I spoke to an IO yesterday and he communicated to me that an interview date has been set for me and I should be receiving my interview letter in the next couple of days. See if this will work for you.

D/O : Baltimore, MD
-------------------
05/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX Express mail
05/19/09 : Priority Date
05/19/09 : Receipt Date
05/25/09 : Check Cashed
05/21/09 : NOA Date (I-797C)
06/05/09 : FP Notice Date
06/16/09 : FP Date (done)
06/27/09 : Interview Letter Received for Spouse
08/20/09 : Interview Date for Spouse
??/??/09 : Interview Letter Received for Self
??/??/09 : Interview Date for Self
??/??/09 : Oath Letter
??/??/09 : Oath Date

See my signature below. My wife got her interview letter almost 10 days after me. Your wife should get the IL within the next few days.

Got my interview letter

D/O : Baltimore, MD
-------------------
05/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX Express mail
05/19/09 : Priority Date
05/19/09 : Receipt Date
05/25/09 : Check Cashed
05/21/09 : NOA Date (I-797C)
06/05/09 : FP Notice Date
06/16/09 : FP Date (done)
06/27/09 : Interview Letter Received for Spouse
08/20/09 : Interview Date for Spouse
07/06/09 : Interview Letter Received for Self
08/26/09 : Interview Date for Self
??/??/09 : Oath Letter
??/??/09 : Oath Date

Hello there everyone,

I am scheduled for 2:45 pm for my interview. As i read for to be able to do same day oath i should have result before 2:30 pm. I was wondering, if i will arrive hour and a half earlier do i have a chance to get final result before my scheduled time so i can get oath?

Can someboy tell me how to contact USCIS and to speak with a second level IO.
I tried the number here and all it has is the automated message. I have an infopass for tomorrow ( 7/9/2009 ) to speak with the official. Lets see if that can help.

I tried the number here and all it has is the automated message. I have an infopass for tomorrow ( 7/9/2009 ) to speak with the official. Lets see if that can help.

I doubt that will make any difference...Just keep on calling customer service to see if there's been any update on your wife's case.

Here is what I did. I called the 1-800 number for the customer service and checked the case status and then I selected the option to report a problem with an adjoining case. This transferred me to a live customer service representative. This person generally reads out some standard text. From there I requested to get transferred to the next level. This is the level that I got the additional information. Hope this helps.

I have called CIS and was told that my IL has been sent out yesterday (for me and wife). ID is 08/31 at 2pm. Updated my timeline.

Hi everyone,
If anyone can help me to find what should I do will greatly appreciated!
Yesterday I went my Citizenship Interview and passed all test but interview officer ask me an additional document. It is an arrest record which was 10 years ago. I have my court decision document but officer wants Arrest Record. I went Police Department to obtain a copy of it. They asked my driving licence and social security card. They ran backround search and did come up anything. Then we noticed in my court paper my name was right but my social security number was wrong. Only single digit was wrong. Officer told me that "you have to go to court and ask them to correct it. If information not match %100 we won't give you copy of your case"
I went to court and explain my status and they told me to go to Police Deparment to correct it.
Is there anyone who can give me an advise what should i do? or what can i do? I need that record to finalize my citizenship interview and can get my date for Oath Ceremony.
Sincerely thanks

The interview letter arrived today. Now I need to start preparing for interview. The IL lists the various document that I need to get ready. I think IRS 1722 letter is nothing but the tax transcripts and account transcripts - which I already have with me.

I returned from vacation and found the Selective Services letter confirming that I did not need to register for S/S. It took them @ 2 months to send the letter after I'd submitted my request -- still not bad as I've got everything (hopefully) needed for my interview on 20th August.

Welcome back RJain2. Do you remember when did you apply for SS letter?
I think I had applied it in the end of May and I haven't received the letter yet.

I returned from vacation and found the Selective Services letter confirming that I did not need to register for S/S. It took them @ 2 months to send the letter after I'd submitted my request -- still not bad as I've got everything (hopefully) needed for my interview on 20th August.