Baltimore N-400 Timeline

I'd mailed the SSL request on May 5th and it was delivered on May 8th; the SSL Registration confirmation letter received was dated July 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
Yesterday I have received the yellow letter (CFR) - It asks me to bring the following:

- Driver's license / ID
- All the passports (and other travel documents)

This was sent from NBC (Some in the past have mentioned that they got the yellow letters from local DO)

Just applied

DO: Baltimore, MD
07/27/09 : N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
XX/XX/XX: N-400 Received
XX/XX/XX: Priority Date
XX/XX/XX: Checks cashed
XX/XX/XX: NOA received
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice Date
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice (self and wife) received
XX/XX/XX: FP done
XX/XX/XX: IL Notice Date
XX/XX/XX: Interview Letter received
XX/XX/XX: SSL letter received
XX/XX/XX: Interview Date

I just joined the thread: Here is my timeline
PD 03/11/07
FP 05/31/07
INTV Letter 1: 08/16/07
INTV Letter 1: 08/19/07(Descheduled)
Second FP 08/31/08 (Requested)
Second INTV Letter: 09/16/08

After the interview the officer gave me a yellow slip "a decision cannot be made at this time"

I made an infoPass February and I was told that it is still pending
I made another infopass on July 21, 2009 and when I was called the Immigration officer couldn't find my file. After digging through the computer, she said that my file is the "NATIONAL SHELF" I asked her which files get sent to the "NATIONAL SHELF" and sh responded that only files that has been decisioned. She made a copy of my infopass letter, stamped and said that USCIS will respond to my case status inquiry within 30 days. She also filled out another form to have my File requested and sent back to the Baltimore Office.

My question is: Has anyone experienced this type of case before?
What is a "NATIONAL SHELF"?
Does that mean that the file was approved and someone forgot to schedule mean oath ceremony. Please Help.....it haas been over two years since i am waiting.

I am hearing it for the first time. Better post in a new thread (start thread) as it will be visible to everyone and someone will respond there.

PD 03/11/07
FP 05/31/07

After the interview the officer gave me a yellow slip "a decision cannot be made at this time"

I made another infopass on July 21, 2009 and when I was called the Immigration officer couldn't find my file. After digging through the computer, she said that my file is the "NATIONAL SHELF" I asked her which files get sent to the "NATIONAL SHELF" and sh responded that only files that has been decisioned. She made a copy of my infopass letter, stamped and said that USCIS will respond to my case status inquiry within 30 days. She also filled out another form to have my File requested and sent back to the Baltimore Office.

Does that mean that the file was approved and someone forgot to schedule mean oath ceremony. Please Help.....it haas been over two years since i am waiting.

N-400 Baltimore Experience

PD 03/11/07
FP 05/31/07

My USPS tracking gave me the following,

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:21 PM on July 30, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75029 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What does that mean?

My USPS tracking gave me the following,

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:21 PM on July 30, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75029 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

What does that mean?

The status will change either later today or tomorrow that it has been delivered. It's common. So do not worry.

Finally it was delivered at 1:28 PM on July 30, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067.
Thanks. cpzinga
DO: Baltimore, MD
07/27/09 : N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
07/30/09 : N-400 Received

7/30/09 : N-400 for self mailed to Texas Via UPS

Can you add your timeline (including DO) to your signature?
You can click on "Quick Links->Edit Signature" to update the signature.

Hi Rajan,

I posted the DO.

DO is Baltimore

7/30/09 : N-400 for self mailed to Texas Via UPS

Hi Guys,

We received our Interview Letters a few days back. My wife's interview is scheduled at 11:20 AM and my interview is scheduled at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 28th 2009. What are the chances that I complete my interview so that I can go for oath ceremony the same day? Can I request the IO to prepone my interview?

D/O : Baltimore, MD
03/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/19/09 : N-400 Received
03/19/09 : Priority Date
03/26/09 : Notice Date
02/30/09 : Check Cashed
04/04/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Current Status: Case received and pending
04/08/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C)
04/22/09 : FP Completed (ASC Baltimore)
05/08/2009 : Interview Letter
07/28/2009 : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter
?? : Oath Date

Hi Pinks,

Could you share your experience? Were you able to do the same Oath?

Tomorrow is my interview, and all my sister have it too. please wish me a good luck and prey for me that i will get my citizenship tomorrow. i am hoping i will get oath as well. i will post my interview experience soon. just prey for me.

Here is my interview experience:

my interview was on 10:20. me and my other 3 sisters arrived at 9:30am. when i gave my letter to the the window lady and sat down, she called me and told me that i have to go to the G-600 room. i went there and sat for half in hour and the officer called me. she asked to give her passport, driver lisence, green card. i gave it to her. she asked me to sign my photo and went through with my application. Everything was fine and i signed the application and the oath part.

then she asked 6 question of civics which i passed and then came reading and writing. she told me i have passed the test. then she took out the sheet and check the passed test and check on decision will be mailed. she gave it to me and told me that my half file is not here yet and when it does they will mail me the oath letter ceromony. i asked her how long is it going to take, then she said about a week. i said okay and left. The same thing happen to my sisters.

i don't know i wasn't happy, did someone had this experience. when will i get my oath or will i get my oath becasue it says that the decision is going to be mailed. please response i will really appriacate.

It happened before and people got their oath letters within a week to 2 weeks.
I hope you will get your Oath letter soon (may be before a week).