Baltimore N-400 Timeline

thank you for replying cpzinga,
one more thing that i'm not sure, i have moved to new house. i put hold on my mails for 30 days. now they can't hold my mails anylonger. what should i do? should i change my adress or wait for a week or two to get my oath letter? if i change my adress will it going to get slower? please help!

thank you for replying cpzinga,
one more thing that i'm not sure, i have moved to new house. i put hold on my mails for 30 days. now they can't hold my mails anylonger. what should i do? should i change my adress or wait for a week or two to get my oath letter? if i change my adress will it going to get slower? please help!

If you change your address way before the oath letter is sent out, it would have been a better option but now as per IO, they may issue any time within a week so better don't change address this time, if you can. Even if you change the address now - will they send it to the new address? Call the customer service (1-800-375-5283) and ask for second level rep. and explain your issue. If they use the current address on file when sending oath letter (or other mail), then you can ask him to update the address. Otherwise I don't think it is a good idea. Do you know the people living in your old address currently? Talk to them if they can collect on behalf of you.

One more thing is USCIS's mails will not be delivered if you put your mail on hold. This is very important. So make sure that you don't put your mail on hold until you receive your letter.

well i just changed my adress and i found out that the missing file has been recived and my case has been approved and they will send me a oath letter. hopefully i will get it on my new adress. and thanx again cpzinga for replying my post.

DO: Baltimore, MD
08/01/09 : N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by priority mail with tracking.
08/03/09: N-400 Received per priority mail tracking
XX/XX/XX: Priority Date
XX/XX/XX: Checks cashed
XX/XX/XX: NOA received
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice Date
XX/XX/XX: FP Notice (self and wife) received
XX/XX/XX: FP done
XX/XX/XX: IL Notice Date
XX/XX/XX: Interview Letter received
XX/XX/XX: SSL letter received
XX/XX/XX: Interview Date
XX/XX/XX: Oath Date

Does Baltimore DO conducts same day oath or we should wait for oath again?

They do conduct same day Oath. I think one needs to have their interview before 2 pm in order to get the sameday oath. My interview is at 2 pm and I am hoping that they would allow me to have my oath on the same day.

I had some basic questions relevant for Baltimore; anyone with recent experience may be able to answer:

1. Can one take cell phone with them, I've a PDA w/ Camera.
2. Can one take a laptop type bag with or without laptop
3. If we park in the same building, can one go down and get a camera if presumably one gets lucky and get's same day oath.

I had some basic questions relevant for Baltimore; anyone with recent experience may be able to answer:

1. Can one take cell phone with them, I've a PDA w/ Camera.
2. Can one take a laptop type bag with or without laptop
3. If we park in the same building, can one go down and get a camera if presumably one gets lucky and get's same day oath.

1. Yes, you can take a camera and/or cell phone with camera. You are not allowed to take photos in the waiting area but will be allowed to use it in the Oath area.
2. You can take a laptop kind bag with you but I don't you are allowed to use laptop.

What is your interview time? I heard that same day oath is possible if the interview is before 2 pm. Mine is at 2pm and I am not sure if I will get the sameday oath.

Received my Selective Services status letter today. The letter is straight forward and states that I didn't need to register for SS. I had requested with the supporting documentation 2 months ago and got the letter today.

I had already got the IRS tax transcripts (return and account transcripts). Planning to get the state tax returns (from Wheaton office) next week.

BTW, looks like the name of this thread has been changed.:)

My wife's interview is scheduled for 9 and mine for 9:40 so am hoping that we clear in time for same day oath. Since we are parking in the same building, one could presumably run down to the car and drop all the excessive documents that one is carrying and get camera for the oath ceremony.

What is your interview time? I heard that same day oath is possible if the interview is before 2 pm. Mine is at 2pm and I am not sure if I will get the sameday oath.

Today I found this information in USCIS web site, it says that USCIS has completed data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated. The problem is the dates of all of them are 2007???
Can any body has an explanation?

Application and Petition Receipts

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) advises customers that, due to a tremendous increase in the number of applications filed, processing of fee payments and entry of cases into our tracking system is behind schedule. As a result, applicants can expect notices of receipt to be delayed. USCIS is working hard to deal with the increased volume.

Delay in fee processing and data entry will not affect an applicant’s Change of Status or Extension of Stay eligibility if all other eligibility requirements are met. USCIS continues to process Premium Processing Service requests within 15 days.

USCIS will honor the actual date that an application was received in our mailroom; this date will be indicated on the receipt (in the Received Date box) when Form I-797, Notice of Action, is mailed. Until this situation is resolved, USCIS will provide these weekly updates on progress in issuing receipt notices to our customers. We appreciate your understanding.

As of this date, USCIS has completed data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form # Date Received
N-400 07/23/07

Nebraska Service Center
Form # Date Received
I-131 07/24/07
I-140 07/24/07
I-485 Empl-Based 07/24/07
I-765 07/24/07
N-400 07/24/07
All other 08/05/07

Texas Service Center
Form # Date Received
I-131 06/30/07
I-140 08/13/07
I-485 Empl-Based 06/30/07
I-765 06/30/07
N-400 07/15/07
All other 08/16/07

Vermont Service Center
Form # Date Received
I-131 07/24/07
I-140 07/24/07
I-485 Empl-Based 07/24/07
I-765 07/24/07
N-400 07/24/07
All other 08/05/07

USCIS Lockbox
Form # Date Received
I-485 Empl-Based 07/29/07
I-130 07/29/07
I-131 07/29/07
I-765 07/29/07

Update

07/27/09: N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
07/30/09: N-400 Received
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received
XX/XX/XX: SSL letter received

Last edited by a moderator:
N-400 walk-in finger printing at Baltimore office

Can we walk in at any date for Finger Print in Baltimore office (after FP notice received). Does this anyway help to speed up the N-400 processing?
Thanks

Got my citizenship on 6th !!

My experience:
Appointment was at 1.00. I reached there at 12.40 - Gave my papers at the window and sat for some time. Around 1.00 - 1.10 I was called in. NO CHILDREN allowed inside. My son (4 yrs) had to sit in the waiting room.
Inside the office, the usual: I was told to raise the hand and promise to tell the truth. After that the officer went through the form 400 and my answers. Asked me all the questions in the form. After that, he asked me to show my license.
Then went through the civics/history questions. I answered 6 out of 6.. and Voila!
Asked me to read an English Question and then he answered it and then asked me to write the answer (he just told) in English. (Basically tested that I know English reading/writing.)

Oath on same day at 3.00 -- It took about 45 minutes for the oath ceremony and I am NOW A PROUD US CITIZEN!

My thought:
I took all the papers I thought I might need. Luckily, my lease papers came in handy for me. (I had applied from Maryland while my license was still from NC. I recently changed the license to MD. The officer asked for proof that I was living in MD when I applied. Luckily I had a copy of my lease papers!)

Got my citizenship on 6th !!

My experience:
Appointment was at 1.00. I reached there at 12.40 - Gave my papers at the window and sat for some time. Around 1.00 - 1.10 I was called in. NO CHILDREN allowed inside. My son (4 yrs) had to sit in the waiting room.
Inside the office, the usual: I was told to raise the hand and promise to tell the truth. After that the officer went through the form 400 and my answers. Asked me all the questions in the form. After that, he asked me to show my license.
Then went through the civics/history questions. I answered 6 out of 6.. and Voila!
Asked me to read an English Question and then he answered it and then asked me to write the answer (he just told) in English. (Basically tested that I know English reading/writing.)

Oath on same day at 3.00 -- It took about 45 minutes for the oath ceremony and I am NOW A PROUD US CITIZEN!

My thought:
I took all the papers I thought I might need. Luckily, my lease papers came in handy for me. (I had applied from Maryland while my license was still from NC. I recently changed the license to MD. The officer asked for proof that I was living in MD when I applied. Luckily I had a copy of my lease papers!)

congrats!

Update
My FP date is 08/21/09
07/27/09: N-400 for self and wife mailed to Texas by certified first class mail.
07/30/09: N-400 Received
07/30/09: Priority Date
07/31/09: Checks cashed
08/06/09: NOA received
08/06/09: FP Notice Date
08/11/09: FP Notice (self and wife) received

Last edited by a moderator: