Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Just filed my application. It seems like things are moving along fine.

D/O : Baltimore, MD
-------------------
05/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX Express mail
05/19/09 : Priority Date
05/19/09 : Receipt Date
05/25/09 : Check Cashed
05/21/09 : NOA Date (I-797C)
??/??/09 : FP Notice Date
??/??/09 : FP Date (done)
??/??/09 : Interview Letter Received
??/??/09 : Interview Date
??/??/09 : Oath Letter
??/??/09 : Oath Date

None at all .... People have mentioned that they take @ 2 months and maybe even then it's after some patient prodding on their service center number. I don't have time to keep trying their # so have not followed up with them. Maybe you may want to try and see how it goes.

RJain2, Any news from SSS yet?
I am planning to send them the form today.

Was wondering what advise people have regarding the online status check, mine currently states "Case received and pending". Will the status change when the FP notice is mailed or are they loosely coupled.

I know one needs to be patient when dealing w/ USCIS but was curious to know if the online status is reasonably current.

finger print

How long should I receive the finger print notice? It is more than two months after I sent my application. How can I contact USCIS for my finger print notice?

Thanks for help!

DO: Baltimore, MD
03/15/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/20/09 : Package received
03/20/09 : Priority date
03/23/09 : Check Cashed
04/01/09 : NOA1 received (797C)
?/?/09 : FP Notice received

How long should I receive the finger print notice? It is more than two months after I sent my application. How can I contact USCIS for my finger print notice?

Call the 1.800 number and select the option for "missing receipt". This should transfer you to an agent. Mention that you did not receive any receipt.

yayyyyy!!! i got my interview letter yesterday and my three other sisters got their letters too. we all have same day interview which is Auguest 3. Me and my other sister we have at 10:20am and my other two sister have 10:00am. I AM SO HAPPY!!!! but i don't know if we all gonna have oath the same day or not. but finally my journey is about to end.

That's good news. Congrats and all the best for the interview.

Is it usually taking 8 months in Maryland? I heard that some DOs (VA etc) are taking around 2/3 months (from PD to OD).

yayyyyy!!! i got my interview letter yesterday and my three other sisters got their letters too. we all have same day interview which is Auguest 3. Me and my other sister we have at 10:20am and my other two sister have 10:00am. I AM SO HAPPY!!!! but i don't know if we all gonna have oath the same day or not. but finally my journey is about to end.

As advised (by experienced forum members), I recd. the FP notices today for wife and self; though they came a week later than expected, the appointment is a week away -- next Saturday at Wheaton. Interesting observation is that for rescheduling one needs to work with the ACS directly.

The Online status is still saying "Case received and pending" so I guess that's not worth much...

Last edited by a moderator:
abuam123

05/08/09 : FP Notice Date
05/08/09 : FP Date (done)

Did you do FP same day you received notice?

Went for FP @ Wheaton -- the ASC is in a shopping center and was empty @ 8 a.m., we were both walking out of the center in 15 minutes. Now the wait for the letter...

Went for FP @ Wheaton -- the ASC is in a shopping center and was empty @ 8 a.m., we were both walking out of the center in 15 minutes. Now the wait for the letter...

That was cool RJain2.

Yeah.. It's in a shopping complex (I went there 4 years ago to give my FP for replacing my lost GC).
I am waiting for my FP notice and think my appointment will be within 10 days (I had applied 11 days after you).

I did my Fingerprinting yesterday.

-------------------
06/05/09 : FP Notice Date
06/16/09 : FP Date (done)

That was cool RJain2.

Yeah.. It's in a shopping complex (I went there 4 years ago to give my FP for replacing my lost GC).
I am waiting for my FP notice and think my appointment will be within 10 days (I had applied 11 days after you).

I like the ASC in Wheaton because its in the shopping center so parking is easier. I was assigned that one when I lived in Silver Spring but when I moved to Columbia I had to goto the ASC in Baltimore.

I hate to goto Baltimore DO. I had to go there several times when I lost my GC (in mail from CIS). Not only parking is expensive, it is too crowded.

I like the ASC in Wheaton because its in the shopping center so parking is easier. I was assigned that one when I lived in Silver Spring but when I moved to Columbia I was assigned the ASC in Baltimore.

SG_VA,

How was it at Wheaton ASC? Is it crowded? I am scheduled to go there on 25th but planning to try walk-in before that. Do you think they will let me do it?

I did my Fingerprinting yesterday.

-------------------
06/05/09 : FP Notice Date
06/16/09 : FP Date (done)

SG_VA,

How was it at Wheaton ASC? Is it crowded? I am scheduled to go there on 25th but planning to try walk-in before that. Do you think they will let me do it?

Based on my experience last Saturday, be there at 8:00, I was out @ 8:15.

Others have mentioned that they do allow early-walk-ins, might be worth testing this...