Baltimore N-400 Timeline

Hi guys n gals. I have a priority date of 3/4/09. The n400 processing date for the local field office is 6/08!

I see that most people here have a much shorter time frame. Is the date just lagging behind and actual processing is faster?

Thanks,

Baltimore DO experience

My naturalization timeline:

Baltimore DO
Mailed N400 - 20 Nov 2009
Priority Date - 23 Nov 2009
FP Notice - 01 Dec 2009
FP Date - 20 Dec 2009
Called about typo in my last name - 22 Dec 2009
Typo correction notice - 29 Dec 2009
Traveled out of US - 10 Jan 2009 thru 31 Jan 2009
Interview Notice - 03 Mar 2009
Interview Date - 14 Apr 2009
Spouse Oath - 14 Apr 2009
Oath Notice for me - 21 Apr 2009
Oath Date for me - 30 Apr 2009

Now for our passports :D we will apply 1st week of May

Oath Same Day

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Baltimore DO offers same day oath as the interview if the case gets approved? Any experiences?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Baltimore DO offers same day oath as the interview if the case gets approved? Any experiences?

Thanks!

Baltimore DO conducts an Oath ceremony at 3 p.m. (this probably is the last one for the day). If your interview is completed successfully before 2:30 p.m., you may be scheduled for this 3 p.m. ceremony. They need some time to get your information into the appropriate records and to prepare your naturalization certificate so that it is available at the ceremony.

I got my citizenship at the baltimore office on April 7th with the same day ceremony. They seem to have so many IO because most people did not have to wait long at all, which is great. The guy that interviewed me was really polite and to the point. I had finished my interview by 10:00 and he asked if I wanted to do a ceremony at 3 that day, which I of course agreed to. :) I did see a few of the people that were there in the morning at the oat ceremony, but there was only 18 of us taking the oat. Seems like a small number compared to what I've read on here.

congrats HANNASUN

I got my citizenship at the baltimore office on April 7th with the same day ceremony. They seem to have so many IO because most people did not have to wait long at all, which is great. The guy that interviewed me was really polite and to the point. I had finished my interview by 10:00 and he asked if I wanted to do a ceremony at 3 that day, which I of course agreed to. :) I did see a few of the people that were there in the morning at the oat ceremony, but there was only 18 of us taking the oat. Seems like a small number compared to what I've read on here.

Its good know that you are a US Citizen now, I cant wait myself to enjoy those moments of Oath Ceremenoy.

I'm getting ready to send N-400 (for wife and self) and had a few clarifications I'll like from the experienced users:
1. Is it better to send the package by certified mail to the lockbox or to send it by priority mail or Fedex to the non-lockbox address – zip code = 75067. I'm assuming we can send them in 1 package with separate checks.
2. I was on F-1 visa when I turned 26, so do I need to get anything from selective services that I was not required to register for SS or do I show I-20 or some other proof?
3. My ASC will be Wheaton, MD. Can one do a walk in there a few days before appointment -- we are planning a vacation and think that the average time for Baltimore for FP is @ 1 month and we should be fine if that is adhered to. Alternatively, has anyone experience of rescheduling the FP – what’s the process to reschedule.

Thanks in advance for the advice….

Rjain

I'm getting ready to send N-400 (for wife and self) and had a few clarifications I'll like from the experienced users:
1. Is it better to send the package by certified mail to the lockbox or to send it by priority mail or Fedex to the non-lockbox address – zip code = 75067. I'm assuming we can send them in 1 package with separate checks.
2. I was on F-1 visa when I turned 26, so do I need to get anything from selective services that I was not required to register for SS or do I show I-20 or some other proof?
3. My ASC will be Wheaton, MD. Can one do a walk in there a few days before appointment -- we are planning a vacation and think that the average time for Baltimore for FP is @ 1 month and we should be fine if that is adhered to. Alternatively, has anyone experience of rescheduling the FP – what’s the process to reschedule.

Thanks in advance for the advice….

YES, You can send one fedex packet to the physical address in Texas, containing two applications and rest of the documents. You will need to call SSS to get the Status Information Letter even though you were not required to register with them as F1 student.
And my personal advice to you will be to keep any appointments they send you in the mail if you try to change them due to personal commitments, most likely your case will lose its number in the que and you might had to wait few more months than an average case.....

YES, You can send one fedex packet to the physical address in Texas, containing two applications and rest of the documents. You will need to call SSS to get the Status Information Letter even though you were not required to register with them as F1 student.
And my personal advice to you will be to keep any appointments they send you in the mail if you try to change them due to personal commitments, most likely your case will lose its number in the que and you might had to wait few more months than an average case.....

Thanks for the quick response; I've sent the form to SSS -- let's see how long they take....

Does anyone have any experience of the Wheaton ASC?

Interview Date

Hi Guys,

We received our Interview Letters a few days back. My wife's interview is scheduled at 11:20 AM and my interview is scheduled at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, July 28th 2009. What are the chances that I complete my interview so that I can go for oath ceremony the same day? Can I request the IO to prepone my interview?

D/O : Baltimore, MD
03/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/19/09 : N-400 Received
03/19/09 : Priority Date
03/26/09 : Notice Date
02/30/09 : Check Cashed
04/04/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Current Status: Case received and pending
04/08/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C)
04/22/09 : FP Completed (ASC Baltimore)
05/08/2009 : Interview Letter
07/28/2009 : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter
?? : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sent my N-400 over the weekend and things seem to be moving -- I found out from my Bank's website that the check got cashed; am wondering how do we find out the priority date?

I've sent my N-400 over the weekend and things seem to be moving -- I found out from my Bank's website that the check got cashed; am wondering how do we find out the priority date?

You'll find out PD when you get NOA. Most of the time PD is the date they received application, but sometimes delays can push that out.

Bobsmyth - you were absolutely right -- I got my I-797C today. It had the Received Date and the priority Date both same as the date of my Express mail delivery Receipt. I'm hoping that the FP is scheduled before June 17th as we are going on vacation on the 18th for 1 month. Keeping fingers crossed that we get the FP notice soon and if needed we can do an early walk-in FP if it's scheduled late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rjain2,

Where did you get the SSS form? Is it available for download from SSS site?
I tried calling them 3/4 times but the phone was busy always.

Also I think you can do an early walk-in for finger prints. Many in this forum have mentioned that they went around 3 pm (and before 4 pm) and requested for finger prints and most of them were accepted.