Awaiting Asylum Response

try getting your H1 transferred if your current company is not extending,this is the correct time to do that.

Thank you both for answering me, not very encouraging though. I know that people out of status or about to lose it receive a quicker response; that's why I was reaching out for others like me.

Unfortunately transfer my H1-B is not an option for me anymore because I have exceeded the 6 years threshold and even got 2 additional years while I was waiting for the labor certification. My country is not getting better and the government is still chasing people that somehow challenge them, which is my case. After your responses I will try to be patience and keep waiting until the 150th day at least to apply for the EAD. Do I still have that option, haven't I?

I don't see you having a problem ,as you had mentioned previously that your visa is expiring in Sep .They have to take a decision before that.One more thing till your asylum decision is pending you will not be able to leave the the country ,even if you are in case of deportation the judge will hear your case and the decision will be fast.
I was just wondering ,the filling of asylum is within one year of entering the country.Yours must be special case,so don't worry i feel you must be having a strong case.Did you get any idea from the asylum officer ,after your interview?Mine was a new AO so she did not know how to conduct the interview.She was jumping between her supervisor during the interview.
Don't worry too much ,you still have time its just be prepared for some hardship as it is difficult thinking without work.But you will pull through -:)

Thanks!:D You just gave some hope. Yes, I could be considered an special case, although I was persecuted by that government before came to work here and I just entered back in the US last January after two month stuck in my country (because the Embassy hold my visa) and was the worst happened to me, so technically I am within my first year and the thruth is an strong case. The only hints I could get from the AO is that he went to the point and was only interested in the current events, he disregarded all the past that really made my case and at the end he asked for an authorization of my step son's father to be included in my petition, which I provided to him a week later. I could infer he would not request that if he was not intended to approve it, it would not make much sense to me. So I am hopping for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Hjjez
Yes AO look into both past and present persecution.Most of the times as in our Affidavit and country conditions past persecution is already mentioned ,they look at the present country condition.As per your case in can make out you have applied for Political Asylum(Correct me if i am wrong),they emphasis more on present country conditions.Did you attach any Affidavit from expert who is well aware of your current conditions?I have researched that cases which AO can not figure out are easily get approved at court .And your cases best part is even you have legal status that makes you work ,and by the time your visa expires you will complete your 150 days and can apply for EAD.You can tell your company that you can still continue working for them .And people understand your situation.Cheer up lot of people are in much worse condition.Hope every bodies dreams are fulfilled.Good luck and keep positive frame of mind.
:)

Well, you are right there is people in worst conditions than me but the fact I have been here so long could be negative instead. even though, I stay positive about the well judgement of the AO and the whole process. I hope they have considered that my little dougther is a US citizen and she would be sent to a country where her life will be at stake because of me. I just will keep praying for me and all these people like us that came here only to offer the best of ourselves working hard and trying to become part of this country of justice. Good luck for you too and thanks again for your support:D

Asylum

Hello People,

I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive. The Officer said "I'm the Officer who will approve or deny your case, so if you don't lie to me, everything will be fine".

At the end of my hearing he asked me if I had any crimes back in my country and If I was involved in any kind of terrorism group.

I said "no".

Then he said "Ok, our interview is finished and I will send your case to Washington D.C. so they can do the background check back in Brazil".

The Officer asked me to sign a paper so they could mail the final decision. He also said "Don't worry! The agents in D.C. are very busy and it'll take over 2 months"

---> It's been 2 months and 15 days and I haven't gotten anything from them!
---> Does "background check" mean that my case was approved? Because from what I've been reading, usually a "denied letter" comes after 2 weeks and It doesnt take 2.5 months to say "NO", right?

The ones who were approved, could you please give me some hope?

Thank you so much

M,

---> Does "background check" mean that my case was approved? Because from what I've been reading, usually a "denied letter" comes after 2 weeks and It doesnt take 2.5 months to say "NO", right?

Thank you so much

M,

No I don't think so. Everyone that applies for asylum needs to pass the "background check". I have not received my approval either but I know that they need to make sure that we are no criminals in our country or have any relationship with any criminal group so that does not mean you are approved. On the contrary, hope is not your case, but that could be negative if they found someone with your name or related to you with a criminal record. We just have to wait the answer because maybe you are still with a valid status and they do not prioritize those. I am in the same boat.

I-589 Received: February 28, 2011
Biometrics done: March 17, 2011
Interviewed: March 28, 2011
Today is: June 15, 2011
# of days passed: 107
Day 150 is on: July 28, 2011
Days to go: 43

"It could be negative if they find someone with your name or related to you with a criminal record"

I'm so sorry, but your comment doesn't make any sense at all. Just because somebody has the same name or a member family has a bad record, it doesn't mean the USCIS will judge my case based on "somebody else's name" If they have crime on their record, it's not my fault!

"It could be negative if they find someone with your name or related to you with a criminal record"

I'm so sorry, but your comment doesn't make any sense at all. Just because somebody has the same name or a member family has a bad record, it doesn't mean the USCIS will judge my case based on "somebody else's name" If they have crime on their record, it's not my fault!

I did not mean that they are going to deny your case for that reason, but if they found someone with the same name that is being wanted or under investigation by any federal agency, even if was not related to you at all, it would stall the decision. I did not mean to be negative with my comment, sorry for make you feel that way. There are citizens born in this country that have issues any time they are caught or enter into the country just because their names are the same as people with criminal records and that does not mean that they are going to jail they just need to verify and investigate further before release them and let them re entry in their own country (US). I was trying to make a point regarding the background check so please disregard my comment.

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

Hey Mr Bird.Many many congrats for the approval.Wishing you luck for your new life .May all your wishes comes true.Good Luck to you and everyone

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!!

7/18/2011 was a day of your defining moment in your life. You waited so long and now you will feel the beauty of what you received on that beautiful day. Glory to God. I am happy for you.

7/18/2011 was a day of your defining moment in your life. You waited so long and now you will feel the beauty of what you received on that beautiful day. Glory to God. I am happy for you.

I will try to tell you guys what the Officer told me at the end of my hearing (USCIS-Anaheim-California)

My interview was very long (4:30 minutes) However it was very calm and positive. The Officer said "I'm the Officer who will approve or deny your case, so if you don't lie to me, everything will be fine".

At the end of my hearing he asked me if I had any crimes back in my country and If I was involved in any kind of terrorism group.

I said "no".

Then he said "Ok, our interview is finished and I will send your case to Washington D.C. so they can do the background check back in Brazil".

The Officer asked me to sign a paper so they could mail the final decision. He also said "Don't worry! The agents in D.C. are very busy and it'll take over 2 months"

---> It's been 2 months and 15 days and I haven't gotten anything from them!

Thank you so much

M,

Hi,
This forum seems to be very very helpful. I am also awaiting for my asylee result.
application filed: August 2010
First interveiw call: Octobar 2010
Finger Scanning date: octobar 2010
rescheduled call December 2010
re-reschedulled call May: 2011
interview was on early may 2011.

My Lawyer needed me to prepare well for the interview and due to busy schedule Lawyer rescheduled 2 times..
Interveiw went OK... AO took my interveiw for 4 hours. I have a very strong case and very evidence based.
My EAD 150 day waiting period will end in last week of August. My questions are

1- How long will it take to get EAD once I apply for it?
2- How long will it take for asylum decision to come?

AO told me that it was a good interview, he was that this country is very good and you will have too much opportunities for success. I ask how long it will take for decision to come. he said it will take 3 weeks to 6 months............ Now its almost 2 months passed... Waiting is very bad.......................
Any kind soul help me reply to my response. I will be very much obliged to all of you.
Asylum2011

Hi,

1- How long will it take to get EAD once I apply for it?
2- How long will it take for asylum decision to come?

1- Three weeks to 3 months.

2. No body knows how long it takes to get the asylum decision result. God only knows.

I hope you get the approval soon.