AUGUST - Visa revalidation tracking

congrats Myohorengekyo

from what i can see from the pervious posts, you can expect your passport anytime within a week

Still no luck guys!!! This wait is killing me. My visa was approved last friday, and has not been printed yet. If I withdraw it now, will they send it back with no stamping, or they will stamp it (since it has already been approved) and then send it?

as you have already waited for so long, i would suggest you wait for couple of more days rather withdrawing it now. i know it sucks. but the safer the better, when we deal with these guyz.

Withdrawal correct fax number

Is the the correct fax number : 202-663-1608 to send withdrawal application

I sent mine 3 days back and my documents still haven't come. I called today and the lady said your application has not been processed yet...She doesnt know if they received my withdrawal or not.

Should I send another fax withdrawing my application?

Thanks
Sunita

manishg_in,

I don't think even if you send a withdrawal letter it's going to do anything since they would take a day or two to process that and in the meantime your visa would already be printed but still you can do that if you want to give it a shot.

Since you are saying you visa was approved on Friday, only 2 working days have passed since then. You can see from the trends above that people are getting passports in 5-7 days(worst case scenarios) from getting approved. So, I think you would get your passport by friday i.e. 21st. That's all what I can say. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
the next case on our list is that of pan1975, dc date of sep 16th. please update us with your proceedings if you get a chance to call to the dc people. thanks for your help!

Nov 14 approved guys

Did you all get your pp's back,

Mine is a return case I thought I would it get it earlier than Nov 14 approved cases as mine was not sent for printing.

I called DOS the lady said they have no control on mail room, they just send it to mail room and it might take 2 days to 2 weeks

I called fedex and they dont have anything due for delivery, I hope they din't loose my PP.

They are not at all organized, just like any Indian central govt office.

Did any one else get it back for a correction and how long does it usually take to get it corrected and have it printed.

Fedex pickup

My PP has been picked up by fedEx at 1.43 PM today

SL date - 12 Aug
DC date - 8 Sep
Approved- 14 Nov
Fedex pickup- 19 Nov at 1.43 PM

Status Visa appr on 11/17
Called again at 4:30 (wait tiime 3 min) ! and was told that it has not been printed and she does not know how busy the printing dept is!
Does anybody know the printing dept num or QA dept num ?

Experience DOS Vs UPS

Guys:

I just called DOS visa Office to find out that my Visa was printed on Nov 13th, the lady helped me out (could not believe it) she ask the people from Visa Revalidation about my case and try to find my passport, she told that the visa had been picked up on Monday Nov 17th by UPS, and that is nothing else they can do about it, beacuse they don't keep track of the packages.. :confused:.
So I talked to the people from UPS of course they don't know anything about my package, already scheduled a pick up for today.
I don't know what to do know beacuse DOS can't help!! any suggestions??

gerbar

ps. don't use UPS. (they only pick up any given day)

gerbar, dont u have any tracking number of ur return package, if u dont have, ask the customer service to track ur package by ur address. if they really picked they must have scaned details of ur package.

UPS won't update their tracking info on website often, like twice a day thats all.

Skali You're Email Id Please

Hi Skali,
Can you please let me know you're Contact info(Mail-ID), because even my wife too has appointment in Chennai on Dec,12th. If you dont mind can i contact you and get info required regarding interview.

Thanks
jonty

gerbar,

Also, if you have written the address yourself and if they get confused they would auto correct the address and send it to the address which they feel is correct address, so it's important for you to get the tracking number through your name or credit card number to locate the package, also tell them that it was picked up from Wash DC on monday. 1-800-PICK-UPS

Good Luck

I do have the tracking number (customer copy), but everything is ok on the tracking address, name, telephone, etc etc... UPS customer service is trying to get more info and they told me to call them tomorrow.
I am going to give it another day and call DOS again to see what is the problem at the mailroom. (tired of calling them though).

gerbar

Recd PP

Guys ,

I recd my PP yesterday with stamp on it . I am leaving to india today .

Thanks to you guys .

Mine was printed on nov 14 th and they put in the fedex nov 17 th .