• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

From what I have seen looking at an embassy website, it looked pretty chronological through the month. I think that is basically because KCC has a cutoff date in the month in which they take all processed applications and then do the schedule. They don't schedule as they go along.

thanks susie cute cute cute :p the cutoff date to process applications for a month is not released to the public, right?

my sister's CN is AS132xx (rest of asia, not giant four), do you think she has a chance to get an interview early in sept?

thanks susie cute cute cute :p the cutoff date to process applications for a month is not released to the public, right?

my sister's CN is AS132xx (rest of asia, not giant four), do you think she has a chance to get an interview early in sept?
No re date but I would guess it is a week or two before the visa bulletin release.

Sorry know nothing about AS numbers.

Reactions: CWH
You don't think a move down from 10% to just over 6% in the unemployment rate is significant? And for over-25s it is a 5.2% rate. I think that is a very significant move. So do companies, who are increasingly reporting finding difficulty filling jobs.
You may also want to compare that to say Europe where things just don't really improve much at all - the ECB has just had to cut rates again - so the US is improving in relative not just absolute terms. Euro area unemployment at over 11%.

Hmmm...I can comment from personal experience that the job market is still very tough. I know so many people with advanced degrees struggling to find permanent employment. I guess it depends on the industry whether demand for workers outstrips supply.

I'm not sure that I buy that a large number of winners decided to proceed with their interviews this year (that wouldn't have otherwise) because the unemployment rate was maybe a percentage point better than last year. Anyhoo, that's just me.

Peace.

Hey guys a friend ask kcc for the VB NUMBERS foe august and the answer was :

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 69,300 Except: Egypt 32,250

Nigeria 25,000

ASIA 12,700 Except: Nepal 9,500

EUROPE 40,150

N. AMERICA CURRENT

OCEANIA 1,450

S. AMERICA 1,550

Hmmm...I can comment from personal experience that the job market is still very tough. I know so many people with advanced degrees struggling to find permanent employment. I guess it depends on the industry whether demand for workers outstrips supply.

I'm not sure that I buy that a large number of winners decided to proceed with their interviews this year (that wouldn't have otherwise) because the unemployment rate was maybe a percentage point better than last year. Anyhoo, that's just me.

Peace.

I don't think it's been a sudden jump but a slow improvement in winners, the 2012 debacle aside. And I think it is industry specific. I have been in PMs with someone who said he has had a LOT of interest in his resume since he posted it on an online website despite the fact that he is not in the US yet. Typically we hear from people that no-one is interested until they are in the US.

And again there are push factors as well as pull factors. Unemployment is much higher in Europe. Various countries around the world have seen a significant deterioration in their domestic political environments over the last year or two (Veronice is an example here who wants to move for that reason.) Not everyone has a safe decent economy like Australia as their alternative.

I don't think it's been a sudden jump but a slow improvement in winners, the 2012 debacle aside. And I think it is industry specific. I have been in PMs with someone who said he has had a LOT of interest in his resume since he posted it on an online website despite the fact that he is not in the US yet. Typically we hear from people that no-one is interested until they are in the US.

And again there are push factors as well as pull factors. Unemployment is much higher in Europe. Various countries around the world have seen a significant deterioration in their domestic political environments over the last year or two (Veronice is an example here who wants to move for that reason.) Not everyone has a safe decent economy like Australia as their alternative.

I'm contracting for a company that is a HR/Payroll service - with 250,000 employees in their system amongst around 9000 small employers. From a jobs point of view it has been very clear for quite some time that things are getting better. This crosses various industries, all states, and all levels of employees.

Not everyone has a safe decent economy like Australia as their alternative.

Well I'm glad as a country we are tricking the world, and people can't see that we're actually circling the drain.

It does irritate me seeing comments like this about Australia. While it's a fantastic country and will always "be home", there are job losses occurring everywhere, major manufacturing industry is on it's last legs and will be progressively closing down over the next few years (leading to more job losses), my land rates just went up by over 10%, I've got a bunch of new taxes I need to start paying this year, all incentives to re-invest money into the country are gone because they're taxed at stupid rates now. Oh, we've also got one of the highest costs of living in the world... It's fun paying almost $1 million USD for a shitbox house in a soul neighbourhood.

We didn't escape the GFC, we're just late to the party.

Just as long as people don't think there is some kind of jobs bonanza going on here because things have improved from when they hit rock bottom. Things are still very tough for many many people.

Well I'm glad as a country we are tricking the world, and people can't see that we're actually circling the drain.

It does irritate me seeing comments like this about Australia. While it's a fantastic country and will always "be home", there are job losses occurring everywhere, major manufacturing industry is on it's last legs and will be progressively closing down over the next few years (leading to more job losses), my land rates just went up by over 10%, I've got a bunch of new taxes I need to start paying this year, all incentives to re-invest money into the country are gone because they're taxed at stupid rates now. Oh, we've also got one of the highest costs of living in the world... It's fun paying almost $1 million USD for a shitbox house in a soul neighbourhood.

LOL - I very much doubt Susie is being tricked. However, it is a matter of perspective. As bad as you think it is - it is still good in comparison to many other countries.

LOL - I very much doubt Susie is being tricked. However, it is a matter of perspective. As bad as you think it is - it is still good in comparison to many other countries.

Venezuela's official inflation was 76% for 2013 (last month was around 6,5 -for one month-). You can't find food, toilett paper or water like nowhere. My city is the most dangerous in the world. If you protest, you go to jail or get killed. A used car is around $10.000 while a minimun wage is about $58,50 a month.

I don't want to seem pitiful, just wanted to show you what @Britsimon meant with "it is still good in comparision with other countries"

I'm well aware of the fact that it's good in comparison to other countries, and you're not coming across as pitiful. Every country has it's problems... Just appears that Australia is painted as some sort of Utopia on these forums, which (at times) couldn't be further from the truth. With regards to a safe economy, that's just laughable...

Ok peeps. Time for a deep breath and a Xanax. lol.

Its been a tough 24 hours for those of us with high CNs. Lots of disappointment and emotions.

Im stepping away for a few days I think. Going out to do something fun and get things back into perspective. And start working on Plan B now that Plan A seems to be dead in the water . xx

relax-breathe-smile.jpg

Yes, most of the regions will not go current we already expect that and interview will be cancelled when visas get exhausted we also expect that to happen this year but the question is when? AP cases and high selectees countries will have a higher risk when come to Sept. Anyway, with the slowness of VB, we can assure that DOS will not take too much interviews as a buffer to fill the global quota.
Visas for Iran in DV-13 were exhausted on Sept. 20th.

We havent even reached our regional quota why would they throw any more at us? More than likely our visa's have been reallocated to Africa or Europe so I doubt we will be getting any additional ones from NACARA
I realize that we haven't hit the OC quota, as of the end of May if you compare the amount visa's issued (not the CN range) we are only about 20 behind 2013 in the Ceac data. No one knows what the OC quota is, but we are tracking just below 2013 on visa's issued. So if the regional qouta is around the 731 mark we are nearly on track to hit it. This will only be good for people the mid 1600 - 1700 range. Anything above that might need the extra NACARA visa's. It still might only help people just above that range.
I think the other problem OC might have is the amount of visa's the consulates can process. I believe that each OC consulates only process DV visa's on one day in the whole month. Fiji seems to be the first week, NZ between First and Second and Aust the second Tuesday of the month.

I have been trying to find regional quota's listed on .gov sites and the only time they seem to have published them is in 95 and 96 which are pre NACARA days. Does anyone have any more recent publications.

The allotment of FY-1995 visa numbers for each region is as follows:
Africa, 20,200; Asia, 6,837; Europe, 24,549; North America (Bahamas), 8;
South America, Central America, and the Caribbean, 2,589; and Oceania, 817.

The allotment of FY-1996 visa numbers for each region is as follows:
Africa, 20,426; Asia, 7,087; Europe, 24,257; North America (Bahamas), 8;
South America, Central America, and the Caribbean, 2,407; and Oceania, 815.

Your post is extremely pessimistic and in my view inaccurate. Australia hasn't had a recession since the early 90s and has a higher GDP per capita than most of the world including the USA by some measures.

This week, again Australia is "struggling": http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...er-than-expected/story-e6frg926-1226942710838

Most Australians looking for a DV are doing it for a life experience not for the money.

Your post is extremely pessimistic and in my view inaccurate. Australia hasn't had a recession since the early 90s and has a higher GDP per capita than most of the world including the USA by some measures.

This week, again Australia is "struggling": http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...er-than-expected/story-e6frg926-1226942710838

Most Australians looking for a DV are doing it for a life experience not for the money.

Huh???

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...alia&countrycode=as&regionCode=aus&rank=19#as