• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Chokh, you are current in August (interview in August). Congratulations :)

The numbers are just horrible! What were they thinking?! They're not even following last year's trend!!
Ots of people think that they have to see current on the VB!
And they miss their inteview, that must be a big part of those readys still hangging on the ceac data...

i think people should not feel negative about not getting their interview, believe in God and everything will be good, i hope that i am going to be current even though i have high CN, lets just be positive and make others feeling positive

Ots of people think that they have to see current on the VB!
And they miss their inteview, that must be a big part of those readys still hangging on the ceac data...

Talking about that, there is 3244 af stuck on ready, and their status date before 1 April 2014 witch mean they should be inteviewed by now.
In dv 2013, there were 4408 people stuck on ready.

Talking about that, there is 3244 af stuck on ready, and their status date before 1 April 2014 witch mean they should be inteviewed by now.

Yup - very true. It is running at about 10% of visas issued globally both this year and last year.

@veronice, a lot of people think this is totally different just because they overselected. I do not. If you look at the spreadsheet you created most of the time SA went current in the last months and at around fifteen hundred. So it it will be all the same. What I do not believe is they will throw fifty or hundred on top of our 1550, what benefit will that bring to us?
None. But Kcc seems to be ruled by the most unpredictable people... and they don't read this forum, btw

This is so weird. The economy here isn't so significantly better than previous years to explain away some massive unexpected increase in response. The unemployment rate hasn't improved a whole lot since the economy imploded. So its just odd.

You don't think a move down from 10% to just over 6% in the unemployment rate is significant? And for over-25s it is a 5.2% rate. I think that is a very significant move. So do companies, who are increasingly reporting finding difficulty filling jobs.
You may also want to compare that to say Europe where things just don't really improve much at all - the ECB has just had to cut rates again - so the US is improving in relative not just absolute terms. Euro area unemployment at over 11%.

Yeah !
And that number will grow bigger for dv14, and at last 2 months even if they realize they were current, they won't be able to reschedule...
So its more hope for AF high cases.

thanks franko , is there any conformation for asia ?
even Britsimon did not have it clear

I Just called KCC to figure out how could I switch from AOS to CP.The lady was nice and answered my questions politely. She told me that" AS for this month is under 12700 are current,but we hop it will be more than your CN(23xxx) in next month". I do not know if this phrase means anything or just general phrase told to anyone who call the KCC with high CN as compliment to ease the grief.

Absolutely.
and selectees have no control over when they will get an interview regardless of how soon they mail in their packet? i could be wrong but in the discussions a while ago, the only factor for the interview date is the CN. i am just curious then what about those with higher CNs who turn in their documents a week or two earlier than those with lower CNs? who would get the interview first?

I Just called KCC to figure out how could I switch from AOS to CP.The lady was nice and answered my questions politely. She told me that" AS for this month is under 12700 are current,but we hop it will be more than your CN(23xxx) in next month". I do not know if this phrase means anything or just general phrase told to anyone who call the KCC with high CN as compliment to ease the grief.

Yeah I'd be wary of placing too much faith in what they say. We've had two instances of overly optimistic projections. I can't remember the details of the first tbh (what region was asked about) but the second was they were "hoping" EU would be current by August.

Good luck skystar. Hope you make it.

and selectees have no control over when they will get an interview regardless of how soon they mail in their packet? i could be wrong but in the discussions a while ago, the only factor for the interview date is the CN. i am just curious then what about those with higher CNs who turn in their documents a week or two earlier than those with lower CNs? who would get the interview first?

From what I have seen looking at an embassy website, it looked pretty chronological through the month. I think that is basically because KCC has a cutoff date in the month in which they take all processed applications and then do the schedule. They don't schedule as they go along.

Reactions: CWH