• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Actually apart from the number of selectees I wouldn't be at all surprised if the response is really higher than the previous few years, as the US economy recovers. I think it's a combination of both those factors but again sad news for those with high numbers.

I think that is absolutely correct - and we have discussed that before. We can use the H1 allocation as a barometer. During the down years of the US economy the H1 visa allocation (for working visas) was lasting months. That meant there was not high demand for those working visas, not much demand from workers, and not much from employers. Starting in the 2012 season the timeline shortened dramatically to a couple of months (which actually messed me up by being a couple of days too late in 2012). Then 2013 was oversubscribed on the first day of the H1 season so that they held a lottery (during which I was successful). 2014 was also immediately oversubscribed. So - that increased demand is probably true in the DV process also. This is the very opposite to Vladdys second holes theory, and the reason I have challenged him to explain what global phenomenon had reduced desire to emigrate to the USA. Whilst I don't really trust the AILA, I do think they are more likely to be correct than the reduced desire theory.

they will be cancelled in the same way as they happened to be cancelled in the past. Visa numbers are not allocated when the interview is scheduled, they are allocated later, closer to the date of interview

Yes, most of the regions will not go current we already expect that and interview will be cancelled when visas get exhausted we also expect that to happen this year but the question is when? AP cases and high selectees countries will have a higher risk when come to Sept. Anyway, with the slowness of VB, we can assure that DOS will not take too much interviews as a buffer to fill the global quota.

Thank you. Also what are the chances that the number of visas for Africa will run out in Sep?

Not sure if I believe in regional limits - but the global limit is more likely to stop the party - I think the global limit will be reached in September - prior to the end of the process.

Actually apart from the number of selectees I wouldn't be at all surprised if the response is really higher than the previous few years, as the US economy recovers. I think it's a combination of both those factors but again sad news for those with high numbers.

How do you think submitting DS-260 electronically instead of normal mail will affect the response for DV-2015? Will it have much effect on high CNs?

Since I kinda was put on ignore mode, once again my question; My wife has between 1700 and 1750 for SA. Will she be current in the next bulletin? Any views much appreciated on SA. I believe SA wil be current for everyone.

For everybody who thinks some regions will not be current by September...Better put some numbers on it then, we all know by now there a lot more selectees this year.

Not sure if I believe in regional limits - but the global limit is more likely to stop the party - I think the global limit will be reached in September - prior to the end of the process.

Without regional limits it will be hard to manage. I believe regional limits do exist but if a region do not use the allocated visa slots by September, I am sure it will open up for other regions. Based on the outcome so far, all regions will likely overallocated in Sept.

How do you think submitting DS-260 electronically instead of normal mail will affect the response for DV-2015? Will it have much effect on high CNs?
I think it will have a pretty small effect to be honest. People who really wanted to do this would certainly take the trouble to download and send a form. If anything if there is an increase because of the 'ease' of returning the forms it would probably lead to more no-shows at interviews. You may do more research into a process before shelling out $50 on DHL than if it's just filling in another form online, so be less surprised at the cost etc involved in the process.

I think it will have a pretty small effect to be honest. People who really wanted to do this would certainly take the trouble to download and send a form. If anything if there is an increase because of the 'ease' of returning the forms it would probably lead to more no-shows at interviews. You may do more research into a process before shelling out $50 on DHL than if it's just filling in another form online, so be less surprised at the cost etc involved in the process.

So I thought, thanks Susie! :)

Does that mean, the earlier the interview in September the better?

Since I kinda was put on ignore mode, once again my question; My wife has between 1700 and 1750 for SA. Will she be current in the next bulletin? Any views much appreciated on SA. I believe SA wil be current for everyone.

For everybody who thinks some regions will not be current by September...Better put some numbers on it then, we all know by now there a lot more selectees this year.

Ok... right now SA is like the island for LOST... nobody knows anything and definitely we don't know where we are. If your numbers give you a good picture, great. Mine too. Yet, KCC managed to ignore our calculations and hit the brake for our region.

Hope we all get current, but this does not look good at this point.

THE END OF SWEET DREAM:(. I SHOULD THANK ALL PEOPLE WHO ANSWERED QUESTION GIVING THE HOPE AND ADVISE TO OTHERS. THESE PEOPLE DESERVE APPRECIATION AND RESPECT. MY SELFE, I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ADVISE. I WILL KEEP THESE MEMORIES IN HEART.

hi folks :)

forum has changed its appearance ..
Simon you are moderator here ? not bad , i'm glad to see that.

first of all my warm congrats. them who are current in recent VB.

Simon , what's going on with EU? I never seen such an opposite views before , some said EU will get current while others think , that even present cuts will not have all its visa .
what is your opinion? aug is death of EU cuts or it still may rize for some 5K more?
s...t we are really tired of this troublesome year.