• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

I need a double jump for September for EU, and I really doubt that.. Maybe it would be.. Of course, it is better than no jumps at all.. But if it is not enough jump, I'll have a problem.. I've just lost hope..:(

Yeah I hear you. Sorry if my post sounded harsh. Tough day.

Did the gov shut down have a more profound d impact than we thought?
Is any country ahead of last year ?
Is it unusual for only one country to be current?

Did the gov shut down have a more profound d impact than we thought?
Is any country ahead of last year ?
Is it unusual for only one country to be current?

The government shutdown had a smallish impact in my opinion - not enough to have caused this result.
EU is ahead of last year - massively.
This whole year is unusual because they increased the selectees so much without (apparently) any good reason for doing so. OC region had double the selectees.

Can't believe the small jump in OC yet again... This is devastating. I'm in the mid 1600's, but I have zero confidence. What a waste of nerves and anticipation for over a year....

Hey Folks. I'm on the phone at work with crappy reception? What about AF? Vladdy got in?

I guess I might have spilled some Activia here and there :)

Hey Folks. I'm on the phone at work with crappy reception? What about AF? Vladdy got in?

I guess I might have spilled some Activia here and there :)

Vladdy is in yeah. AF69300. OC went up a tiny bit to 1450 and SA didn't increase at all. AS went to 12700 - a good jump because KFC finally put a limit on Nepal (as they should have 2 months ago)

What about an increase for EU quota ?!
I don't where it can come from ! May be from AF ?
I do not anticipate increase in EU quota.

Not sure why you would conclude that visa for Europe will be exhausted, based on the 40,150 number for August? Latest CEAC information would necessarily support this, I presume. Would you elaborate further, please?
Unfortunately I o not see how it supports it.

What's the logic behind that? Why would KCC perform such a big cut-off increase if they're running out of visas? I doubt it was done to make sure the quota will be filled since there's still one month to go.
I see the following logic. KCC is afraid they will not be able to fill the quota even by incrementally increasing cutoffs. That is why they do it in rather big chunks to make sure they will reach it and cancel all further interviews when EU visas are exhausted.

What is the lowest figure that OC has been in August? I cant find the yearly numbers anywhere.

AUG 2005 - 1275. CURRENT in Sept.
AUG 2006 - 1115. CURRENT in Sept.
AUG 2007 - 2012 - AUG went CURRENT.
AUG 2013 - 1600. CURRENT in Sept.

Not sure about AUG numbers pre-2005.

I am 49 - a father to 4 kids and grandfather to 4 more. That tires you out. I also have had wing clipping surgery and that came with a recommendation to steer clear of beaches packed with young Latin women. However as you say - the choices aren't too bad at all!

Lol ok you are the man, by a very small margin though. 45, 3 kids, 2 ex wives and a beagle.

I do not anticipate increase in EU quota.

Unfortunately I o not see how it supports it.

I see the following logic. KCC is afraid they will not be able to fill the quota even by incrementally increasing cutoffs. That is why they do it in rather big chunks to make sure they will reach it and cancel all further interviews when EU visas are exhausted.

I personally can't see that this (cancelling confirmed visa interviews) may be the case: my understanding of the process was, and currently still is, that visa numbers are being assigned at the time the appointments are being set, i.e.at around 06/15 for the month of August, meaning that they are being deducted from the regional quota and assigned to specific CN cases at that time. If this understanding of the process is correct, there won't be a need to "cancel all further interviews" which previously have been confirmed in the 2nd NL letter. Can someone from the group with additional understanding & deeper knowledge please comment & clarify? Thank you, very much appreciated!

Yes 40150 confirmed

I have some others.

AF 69300
OC 1450
SA 1550 (NO CHANGE!!)
Egypt 32250
AS 12700 (Nepal 9500)

PLease confirm these. My head was spinning when she said about SA!

AF 69300 !!!!!!!!!!!!! it's really not good for the higher CNs......

I personally can't see that this (cancelling confirmed visa interviews) may be the case: my understanding of the process was, and currently still is, that visa numbers are being assigned at the time the appointments are being set, i.e.at around 06/15 for the month of August, meaning that they are being deducted from the regional quota and assigned to specific CN cases at that time. If this understanding of the process is correct, there won't be a need to "cancel all further interviews" which previously have been confirmed in the 2nd NL letter. Can someone from the group with additional understanding & deeper knowledge please comment & clarify? Thank you, very much appreciated!
He said nonsense. Do not listen to him. June 1, 30,000 visas were issued. It remains to 24000. With minimal growth in June and July, they will not reach even up to 40,000 visas.

Can't believe the small jump in OC yet again... This is devastating. I'm in the mid 1600's, but I have zero confidence. What a waste of nerves and anticipation for over a year....

Are you above 1650 or below 1650 ? Either way I think you still have a pretty good shot. You're only 200 CN off.

Thanks for this AU.Dan. Do we have the current no. of issues for OC 2014? Based on this data alone, it doesn't appear that going Current is out of the question, but obviously based on everything else we know, it looks less likely.

Edit: I found the link on the spreadsheet. Issued at 408 as at 29 April if I'm reading it correctly.

Last edited: