• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

You are not Toasted young Lady.... Just make sure all your papers are ready... And thank Goodness you changed over from AOS to Cp

So ,friends , you are saying that I (2014EU37K) will be interviewed in first week of August? Wooow that's is what I wanted to hear long time ago.
Wish me luck then ;).
Urra for all 40K

So ,friends , you are saying that I (2014EU37K) will be interviewed in first week of August? Wooow that's is what I wanted to hear long time ago.
Wish me luck then ;).
Urra for all 40K

The timing in August depends on the embassy availability - but yes - August. You'll get an email in about a week from now. Congrats.

Wish me luck then ;).
Urra for all 40K
Not quite. It means that you will receive your second NL around 06/15, with your specific interview date.

Simon why would they have stopped SA ? Any ideas on this... has this happened before?

Yes they have done this before - see 2005 EU on this link - http://www.dv-info.site40.net/.

Note that in that case there was a small increase in September after 3 successive static number months.

Why have they done this - I really have no clue how KCC work! Maybe this - we know from CEAC there are 904 issued YTD. That number does not include aos cases - probably another 40/50 tops. Last year got to 938 (including aos), but did not hit a limit (the inference being the actual limit was at least 1 more than 938). So - we are already higher after 8 months of processing than 12 months of processing last year. WE don't know what quota has been established for SA this year - but the huge increase in selectees convinced me that there must have been some increase - but we cannot be sure of that.

On the plus side, the global numbers might still be allowed to exceed the 51k we saw last year - so a small additional allocation for SA would allow an increase in September even though they were held back this month. Really - even a couple of hundred visas would make a huge difference to SA - whereas 200 for EU/AF would be swallowed up in a heartbeat.

Yes 40150 confirmed

I have some others.

AF 69300
OC 1450
SA 1550 (NO CHANGE!!)
Egypt 32250
AS 12700 (Nepal 9500)

PLease confirm these. My head was spinning when she said about SA!
40150 for EU would mean visas will be exhausted in August (if they are not exhausted in July)

Yes they have done this before - see 2005 EU on this link - http://www.dv-info.site40.net/.

Note that in that case there was a small increase in September after 3 successive static number months.

Why have they done this - I really have no clue how KCC work! Maybe this - we know from CEAC there are 904 issued YTD. That number does not include aos cases - probably another 40/50 tops. Last year got to 938 (including aos), but did not hit a limit (the inference being the actual limit was at least 1 more than 938). So - we are already higher after 8 months of processing than 12 months of processing last year. WE don't know what quota has been established for SA this year - but the huge increase in selectees convinced me that there must have been some increase - but we cannot be sure of that.

On the plus side, the global numbers might still be allowed to exceed the 51k we saw last year - so a small additional allocation for SA would allow an increase in September even though they were held back this month. Really - even a couple of hundred visas would make a huge difference to SA - whereas 200 for EU/AF would be swallowed up in a heartbeat.

I think KCC have not take in NACARA quota in August yet. They might do it in Sept because I believe they only claim the visas from NACARA at the end of the fiscal year to absolutely sure about the number of visas it can claim back. So theoretically, all regions should have 8-9% extra on top of the regional quota in Sept.