Aug Bulliten

New twist

pallu2004 said:
My PD is Apr 30th 2001 EB3 India....any predictions if Eb3 will cross APR 30th in this bulletin...

07/05/2006: Bush Has Reportedly Shifted Stance on Illegal Immigration and Guest Worker Program

New York Times reports that Republicans both inside and outside the White House say Mr. Bush, who has long insisted on comprehensive reform, is now open to a so-called enforcement-first approach that would put new border security programs in place before creating a guest worker program or path to citizenship for people living in the United States illegally. Read on.
07/04/2006: Follow-Up of Termination of Local USCIS EAD Production

That could be too good to be true. From what I have been reading, it seems that they are trying to suggest that an enforcement bill should be passed followed by language saying that amnesty should be granted two years later or so. If so, I doubt people will buy that nether.

mamamiax said:
07/05/2006: Bush Has Reportedly Shifted Stance on Illegal Immigration and Guest Worker Program

New York Times reports that Republicans both inside and outside the White House say Mr. Bush, who has long insisted on comprehensive reform, is now open to a so-called enforcement-first approach that would put new border security programs in place before creating a guest worker program or path to citizenship for people living in the United States illegally. Read on.
07/04/2006: Follow-Up of Termination of Local USCIS EAD Production

Don't look for this stupid bullet! we will be disappointed!!

Waist of time to look for any good news this year.EB3 India is doomed at least for few years!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Forget about bulletins ...

mamamiax said:
Waist of time to look for any good news this year.EB3 India is doomed at least for few years!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are right mammiax, waiting for these bulletins is a waste of time. It will come out when it has to and will have the dates that have already been determined. No point in looking forward to it.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
You are right mammiax, waiting for these bulletins is a waste of time. It will come out when it has to and will have the dates that have already been determined. No point in looking forward to it.

regards,

saras

Hi friends,

I would like to clarify a doubt. I have got my EAD and valid till Oct. 2006 (first week). My question is what if my EAD is approved before the previous one gets expired (i am planning to apply for renewal). what will be the effective date? whether the date will be the continuation of the previous one or it will be different. I hope you are understanding my question. If not please let me know. I am not working with my EAD and I am on H-1B. I would appreciate your feedback.

At NSC, the renewal date will be the date the good USCIS officer processes the EAD paperwork for you. They didn't consider that I had two months remaining on my previous EAD. That way they can count with revenue coming sooner for EAD renewals. What a profitable business.

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi friends,

I would like to clarify a doubt. I have got my EAD and valid till Oct. 2006 (first week). My question is what if my EAD is approved before the previous one gets expired (i am planning to apply for renewal). what will be the effective date? whether the date will be the continuation of the previous one or it will be different. I hope you are understanding my question. If not please let me know. I am not working with my EAD and I am on H-1B. I would appreciate your feedback.

Can be either way ..

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi friends,

Can be either way. I have had EADs that were valid the day after the current one expired and at other times the new EAD was valid from the date they approved it. So anything is possible.

saras

saras76 said:
Can be either way. I have had EADs that were valid the day after the current one expired and at other times the new EAD was valid from the date they approved it. So anything is possible.

saras

Hi Saras,

USCIS is really sucking our money. If the renewal comes before the expiration date then we will loose 2 months (may be). then next year again you have to apply in advance that way we loose several months. what a crappy system USCIS has. Probably I may not apply for EAD renewal now and I will apply just one month before. My first EAD came in 3 weeks. we cannot predict USCIS process timings. Anyway thanks for your input.

Upon rewening my next EAD, I will write a note "This is a renewal for an EAD which expires on Feb 2007; can you please consider this and issue new EAD starting the date of Feb 2007".

I can write to you by March 2007 to let you know whether they ever considered that. Crazy. We are all talking about long-term dates when we deal with USCIS.

saras76 said:

saras

GCdreamer2006 said:
Upon rewening my next EAD, I will write a note "This is a renewal for an EAD which expires on Feb 2007; can you please consider this and issue new EAD starting the date of Feb 2007".

I can write to you by March 2007 to let you know whether they ever considered that. Crazy. We are all talking about long-term dates when we deal with USCIS.

Not a bad idea.

I have had a couple of EAD's so far, 3 actually.
the first was useless as it was valid for a period less than my H-1 was.

Anyways, the second EAD (First renewal), they renewed it for 1 year from the date of application (ie the RD) which lost me 3 months. The third EAD (Second renewal) I applied exactly 91 days before expiration. It took about 80 days for them to approve it, but they renewed it for a year from the date of approval.

The real issue was with the AP. I was planning on travelling and since it took them so long to approve the AP, I could not apply for visa's for Travel.

GCdreamer2006 said:

Well I guess the EAD validity is also a lottery with USCIS.
They usually flip a coin to decided the Validity date.

Heads: The EAD will be valid from the date it was applied.
Tails: The EAD will be valid from the date the previous EAD will expire.

In my case, during the seconf renewal the coin fell Heads and the second time thankfully it fell Tails. I lost 4 months in the second renewal and was expecting it to become 8 months this time. At this rate I would have had 4 EAD's in 3 years. Thankfully that the coin fell tails I dint loose extra 4 months. Crossing my finger for the next EAD.

neo