Aug Bulliten

It sounds to me like they keep the Ombudsman there only as show. Nobody at USCIS seems to care for what he says.

Dallas03096 said:
We will come to know the truth when FY2006 report is published next year!

Ombudsman must be commended for his sensible suggestion to USCIS to keep track of PD, country etc when they receive the application. Currently USCIS & DOS seem to be making wild guesses while announcing the visa bulletein!

Any chance for PD Jan 2002, EB3 ROW ?

Hi,

My PD is 15 Jan 2002, EB3 ROW . Regarding to recent prediction on further retro by DOS, what is my chance ?

Regards
Songlan

I think you our chance is that we hope we can scape from the Titanic before it hits the iceberg. We are at their mercy now.

They are saying that the DOL should catch up with the labor certification cases until Sep 2007. My only hope is that in the next few months this thing should advance until April 2002 or so. Based on what they claimed, they would retrogress this at a certain point when the labor certifications get cooked at the DOL.

We are in a deep s*, that's for sure.

songlan said:
Hi,

My PD is 15 Jan 2002, EB3 ROW . Regarding to recent prediction on further retro by DOS, what is my chance ?

Regards
Songlan

MY PD is May 2002 ROW - EB3 and I was hoping it will be current by the end of this year but alas! Even if the PD comes current we do not know if the case will still remain pending because of name/security checks.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

GCdreamer2006 said:
I think you our chance is that we hope we can scape from the Titanic before it hits the iceberg. We are at their mercy now.

They are saying that the DOL should catch up with the labor certification cases until Sep 2007. My only hope is that in the next few months this thing should advance until April 2002 or so. Based on what they claimed, they would retrogress this at a certain point when the labor certifications get cooked at the DOL.

We are in a deep s*, that's for sure.

I don't know what to tell you. It seems that the only to handle this is to do whatever you have to do and do not plan for this GC. In the end, we do not know if we will ever get it anyway. I just bought a house since in my region real state has been skyrocketing in prices and I've missed opportunities to profit from that big time. I was waiting for the damn greencard to get scholarships and start my masters, but go to hell, I will have to do that thing and pay from my own pocket. At least if I go back to home country and I have the education I wanted. I tell you, if I go back I don't want to hear about this freaking immigration process in my lifetime. I just got so tired of this situation.

Can get worse than this ? Yes, it can. I can see those insane 245(i) amnesty cases flooding the system and USCIS saying that need to retrogress the dates - or leave us stuck in 2001 for a long time, what is essentially the same than 'unavailable' - and here we go, we are all screwed again. They need to make sure they address the sweet 245(i) cases you know. It seems that a real reason for this attitude hasn't been disclosed. Why not just process the cases that are available now ? Then if the 245(i) come up, process those %^%$#$ when their time come (I am sorry, I am little hot today).

Regarding the name check, if you contact your House of Representative they could verify whether you have cleared name check. My contact here told me that my I-485 case has been cleared all security issues and it was just waiting visa numbers availability. Last week I was told I got an RFE. Judging by how lucky I am in this process, I won't be surprise if I get all available RFE's in the house.

AlterEgo said:
MY PD is May 2002 ROW - EB3 and I was hoping it will be current by the end of this year but alas! Even if the PD comes current we do not know if the case will still remain pending because of name/security checks.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can never be sure ..

songlan said:
Hi,

Regards
Songlan

songlan,

The latest update from DOS indicates that most EB3 categories (ROW included) will face "severe" retrogression in the near term. No one knows exactly what that means but most people are guessing that most EB3 cases will be stuck in 2001 for a while. No one can accurately tell you when to expect approval. All of us have to wait and watch the bulletins. You will find all sorts of predictions on this issue but I have found most of them to be pointless. The only thing that matters is the visa bulletin.

regards,

saras

Sarars, did they really mention "near term" ?

saras76 said:
songlan,

The latest update from DOS indicates that most EB3 categories (ROW included) will face "severe" retrogression in the near term. No one know what exactly that means but most people are guessing that most EB3 cases will be stuck in 2001 for a while. No one can accurately tell you when to expect approval. All of us have to wait and watch the bulletins.

regards,

saras

saras76 said:
UN,
You make some good points about being proactive by lobbying etc. But lets get a little real here. Most people are interested in their own process and could care less about the overall immigration system. For me personally several years have already been wasted and I am to busy in my personal life to try and fix this system. Plus the damage for me is already done and I am not a saint to try and break my back to change this system because a change that will occur a few years from now will not bring back any of the years I have spent in this system. I am being brutally honest and practical here.
saras

Saras, you put all my feelings into words.

9 years, 3 GC applications, 10's of thousands of $ spent, 10's of thousands of $ lost in sub-par salary, 100's of sleepless nights -- there is not much left in the tank. Lost all the years I should have been spending consolidating my experience into more fruitful future are wasted in this GC quagmire.

Well not really ...

GCdreamer2006 said:
Sarars, did they really mention "near term" ?

GCdreamer2006,

I don't think they specifically mentioned "near term" but I understood it to be that. I agree with you in that our only hope (2001 and early 2002 filers) is that the DOS somehow moves the dates in the next few months and our cases get processed before they retrogress all the way back to either 01 or earlier. Its pure luck from this point .. no point in stressing to much .. nothing is in our hands.

regards,

saras

How can I know who is my house of representatives. I am in Portland, Oregon. Is there a website that I can have his/her contact info? Thanks!

GCdreamer2006 said:
Regarding the name check, if you contact your House of Representative they could verify whether you have cleared name check. My contact here told me that my I-485 case has been cleared all security issues and it was just waiting visa numbers availability. Last week I was told I got an RFE. Judging by how lucky I am in this process, I won't be surprise if I get all available RFE's in the house.

It is not fault of employees who were there when World Trade Center was attacked by terrorists. It is not my fault either to be in 2001 by PD to be struck by immigration system crash.

saras76 said:
songlan,

The latest update from DOS indicates that most EB3 categories (ROW included) will face "severe" retrogression in the near term. No one knows exactly what that means but most people are guessing that most EB3 cases will be stuck in 2001 for a while. No one can accurately tell you when to expect approval. All of us have to wait and watch the bulletins. You will find all sorts of predictions on this issue but I have found most of them to be pointless. The only thing that matters is the visa bulletin.

regards,

saras

How to find my House Representavie

AlterEgo said:
How can I know who is my house of representatives. I am in Portland, Oregon. Is there a website that I can have his/her contact info? Thanks!
Hi AlterEgo,

Please try the following web site and give your 5 digit zip + 4 digit number to find your house representative.

http://www.house.gov/

BTW I am in Lake Oswego, OR not very far from you :)

Thanks

October will retrogress

saras76 said:
GCdreamer2006,

I don't think they specifically mentioned "near term" but I understood it to be that. I agree with you in that our only hope (2001 and early 2002 filers) is that the DOS somehow moves the dates in the next few months and our cases get processed before they retrogress all the way back to either 01 or earlier. Its pure luck from this point .. no point in stressing to much .. nothing is in our hands.

regards,

saras

By the update previously posted, I think DOS is just stating the obvious: come the new fiscal year in October, everything is going to retrogress (just like it did last October). Right now however they are trying to burn up visa numbers since this fiscal year is almost over so they are moving the dates in order to allow that to happen.

In the meantime, the August visa bulletin (should be out late this week or early next week) will be the one to tell the story. If EB-3 doesn't move, then its game over for at least 2 years.

For those of us with EAD I think that should be the final nail in our coffin, isn't it ? If those cut-off dates move backwards that should be a great motivation to make me switch jobs under AC21. There is no more reason to wait. I can't see an immigration bill - any - taking effect within the next year.

blondhenge said:
By the update previously posted, I think DOS is just stating the obvious: come the new fiscal year in October, everything is going to retrogress (just like it did last October). Right now however they are trying to burn up visa numbers since this fiscal year is almost over so they are moving the dates in order to allow that to happen.

In the meantime, the August visa bulletin (should be out late this week or early next week) will be the one to tell the story. If EB-3 doesn't move, then its game over for at least 2 years.

nlssubbu, AlterEgo

Me in Beaverton, Or. nlssubbu, looks like you are close yet so far !!! Good luck to u man. May be we should form a pdx group

Thanks for the link nlssubu!

Nice to know you and AGC4ME are around. Feel free to PM me if I can help with something.

AGC4ME said:
Me in Beaverton, Or. nlssubbu, looks like you are close yet so far !!! Good luck to u man. May be we should form a pdx group