Atlanta Timeline

Attn: Syed

First of all, I\'m no expert in this area as my fiance came with his green card and this citizenship trial has been my first experience with the INS. In my humble opinion, it might be wise to speak to a supervisor or seek out the advice of a lawyer (the last step in my book). Pertaining to your "pending" status, did they say that your fingerprints passed the FBI? I\'m wondering if this pending status is eluding to something else in your file. You know the ethnic profiling every government agency is doing nowadays, and you like my fiance may have fallen victim to it(and here we thought the Atlanta district was better than say Detroit or even So. California). It appears that women are being processed much more quickly than their male counterparts, from what I can tell.

Maybe someone else can give a more informed opinion, but if my fiance is where you were at, he would have asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. Also, doesn\'t the fact that your timeline is so out of wack warrent such an investigation or at least better answers. In saying this I recall the TSC phone message that states that if you\'re wait time is not past that time that was on your original mailed notice, then they can\'t talk to you. My advice is go down there again and get the answers you require and deserve. As for the dyed haired lady, avoid her, she seems to have no clue that she even works in the customer service field much less for the INS.

Best of Luck and keep us posted. I\'ll ask my fiance what he thinks might be the problem, if it\'s anything different than what I\'ve said, I\'ll report. His atttitude about this whole ordeal is "insha\'allah". All this as his mother has had several medical problems and has traveled to France for surgury. It\'s been a burden to stay positive. Please stay positive, it will all work out in the end.

Kim

attn kimberly dsm

thanks for the information. I will try again and probably try to talk with a supervisor. last time she gave me wrong information regarding my wife\'s v visa application. Any way she threatened to call security officer when I tried to argue with her. Guess what, I was right and I have already applied for my wife. Dsm, I will inform you of any update.

No Title

Hi man,
I am going to apply for citizenship from Atlanta in May this year, but for some reasons, I have to move to Cincinnati, OH, after a few months. Do you how long it would take for TSC to forward my application to NSC? I called INS and TSC but they won\'t tell me anything. Please let me know if you have clue. Thanks.

congratulation

congratulation tushar, I tried to call your phone number but that number has been disconnected. Iwent to see ins atlanta but they didn\'t give me any information. my fingerprint has been expired and they cannot set me another fp because my application is pending What should I do ? any suggestion.
Thanks

finger print expired

atlanta office told me they cannot reschedule me to get anothe finger print since my file is pending. My fp expired. What should I do ?

how did you let them take another fp

hi dsm, Atlanta INS told me since my application is pending they cannot take my fingerp print. How did you manged to take yours ???
let me know asap
syed

I GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys

I got my interview calll today. It is in June 2002.

Good lUck to you all.

dsm.

Read your notice carefully

Go back and read your notice carefully. If they did mention about intervirew then there should be a date on the letter.

If there was no date then contact INS or get a lawyer.

Good Luck.
dsm

Answer the rest of the questions please d sm

I took the letter to INS and they told me that is how they normally send the letter out to people. Try to help me answer the rest of the questions that I posted.
Thanks d sm for your quick response.

NSC

You must have to live in Cincinnati for at least 3 months to establish residency before they can transfer your case to NSC from TSC.

Goodluck.

No Title

Hi eveybody,

Today finally I got my citizenship! The entire interview process was very smooth. Also They are performing oath on the same day. It took about 10 minutes for interview. They are doing oath twice a day. The first batch is at 10:30AM and second one is at 2:30PM. There were around 40 people with me in the first batch.

Good luck to all of you.
Thanks,

TK 1

Hi Congratulations.

Please tell us if your interview letter stated that you will have interview AND the oath ceremony on the same day or it just stated come for interview on such and such a date. Also do you know if they are doing the oath ceremony on the same day on ALL days of the week or only on selected days?

Appreciate yoour input.

d sm

Attn. dsm

Hi dsm,
  I received a mail saying that I should do another figerpring just like you were asked. I just want to know what they ask you to bring with you for the interview. Also, I want to know, how long from the time you did your figerprint they sent you the interview letter. I filed in Aug. 2000.Since yours was July 2000, I figure we seem to be in the same boat. So, I will indeed appreciate you feeding me back with these information.
Thanks
oluyi

Re finger printing

Oluyi:

Can you tell me how much time passed between the expiration of your finger prints and your receiving the notice to get them again.

Thank you.

Hope this helps

Hello Zeemboomba,
   I applied in Aug. 2000, got fingerprinted in December 2000, received a mail from INS to do another finger print(FP) in April 2002. The content of this new mail thus says that the FP expires yearly. Hope this answers your question. Goodluck.
oluyi

Re finger printing

Oluyi:

Can you tell me how much time passed between the expiration of your finger prints and your receiving the notice to get them again.

Thank you.

No Title

Hello Zeemboomba,
You can do the calculation yourself. I already given you all you needed.

olyui

It takes 3-4 weeks max from finger printing to letter for interview. You should have your interview in July.
Good Luck.

Attn d sm

Hello d sm,
I will appreciate if you can answer my questions in full in lieu of just avoiding the important ones. Please read my questions and try to help me answer them. Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Oluyi