Atlanta Timeline

No Title

My wife got her interview letter yesterday.

PD 1/18/2001
FP 2/2001
Interview - Atlanta office - 4/24/2002.

She checked customer service, they haven\'t still updated their computers.

No Title

Congratulations. I don\'t know how atlanta is processing applications. I had applied in november of 2000 ( PD 11/8/2000 ) and FP date of 12/29/2000. I still have not heard anything. It appears that your wife actually applied after me but yet got her interview letter. So obviously the Atlanta office is not processing the applications in order.

Anyway, wish you and your wife all the best and hopefully you will keep this message board updated about the status. Thanks, BKB.

No Title

No certainly not.. I applied three months before me wife. I have not heard a thing since my finger printing..

Regards,
James

No Title

Hi everyone,

Last week i recieved a letter of interview. my interview is scheduled on Apr 09 2002! My sister applied two months after me also recieved a letter of interview. Her interview is scheduled on Apr 23 2002.

Here is my all dates.
PD: 02/15/2001
FP: 03/20/2001
Interview date: 04/09/2002.

I will keep you guys updated on my process.

Checked with INS

I went to the INS Atlanta office to inquire on the status of my application. I was told that the application is OK and as my finger printing is due to expire in May that I should expect the interview to be scheduled before that. I asked if there is any reason why appilcations made after mine have received interview calls and I am told that there is no logical reason for it.
I also checked on the frequency of the oath ceremony and was told that it is held once or twice every week.
Hoping for the best.

N400

Looks like the N400 processing is progressing very fast with news
of a lot of people getting interviews. Another thing that\'s happening
is they are swearing in everyone who is scheduled in the morning
the same day afternoon.

In the middle of all these a lot of people are getting interviews
within 4 months while it\'s taking longer for many others.

If this trend continues, average processing time in Atlanta will
soon become 4 to 6 months.

Those who have been waiting for 2 years or more or for those the
fingerprint will expire soon, should go to customer service and
request for a status information and the probability is high that the
computer may schedule an interview. I heard of cases where
people got the interview letter the day after they inquired their
status. Again, it could be just a coincidence.

No Title

Can you confirm that going to INS Atlanta customer service before the fingerprint expires and talking to them results in getting an interview scheduled. Do you happen to know of anyone in particular who was successful in this attempt?

I am interested as my fingerprinting expires in another 2.5 weeks but I would like to know that it makes a difference before deciding to spend my time going to INS Atlanta.

Thanks,BKB.

Fingerprint Conf

I have confirmation or rather partial confirmation. My fiance went to INS yesterday and arrived in line with only 30 ppl before him. It took him a short time to get to the right person, and they told him that he should receive his interview letter PRIOR to his fingerprints expiring, which will be Apr 26, 02. If he doesn\'t receive an interview letter by that date, then he was told to come in and they would schedule the interview at that time. From that, I devise that they would rather dispose the case than get another set of fingerprints and so on which can cause considerable delay. The lady also said there is no rhyme or reason why people who applied after him was receiving their interviews before him. His file was in order, FBI passed him the day he was fingerprinted and now it\'s just a customary, right of passage wait.

All in all, my fiance came away feeling very good about the encounter and the forthright information he was given. Another lady from Romania was right there with him in line and in the same situation, both were given the same information. He did confirm that oath ceremonies take place daily in the afternoon for those whose interview was in the morning. Good luck to everyone in the quest for citizenship. I\'m praying now that when we get home today that the interview letter is in the mailbox. I hope I\'m not jinxing myself. Oh well, what\'s another year to the already long wait. We\'ll update if that is the case.

BTW, be glad you\'re not doing the green card process here. He said he met one guy who has been waiting 14 mths just for the temporary card. That guy might just become a citizen about the time he gets his permanent green card!! A little perspective for us all!

PD-12/14/00
FD-1/26/01
ID- Still waiting

Kim

No Title

Folks,

My FP expires on March 29th 2002. I have decided not to go to the Atlanta office between now and march 29th as I suspect, INS might just tell me that I may receive my interview letter in the next 2 weeks and ask me to continue to wait.

Rather, I am going to wait until my FP expires in another 2 weeks and then go to INS Atlanta and then see what they do. It would be good if they would then schedule a interview date immediately.

Being an eternal optimist....Who knows, I might even receive the interview letter in the next few days..;-)

In any case, I will keep you all posted on what happens.

BKB.

? Wait time extended.

My PD is July 2000. Had re finger printing done last week. And still waiting.

I came across this forum .. very interesting. I do hope I receive my interview soon.

Looks like the Victor Hu guy got his citizenship. Since he has not updtaed his web page and also has not shown up yet.

Also by the way.. my wife alsoapplied the smae day as me and she got her interview in 3 months and citizenship in 4 months.

Crazy isn\'t it????

Zeeeboomma keep it up man.. atleast until you get your citizenship.

Wait Time

Sorry forgot to mention in the last post. When you call the Texas service center phone line. the processing time line used to be 550 to 730 days until last month. As of today it says 750 - 999 days...!!!!!!

God Help Me.

I have been postponing my travel plans for nearly 5 years now .. waiting on the citizenship.

Hope Atlanta smiles kindly on me soon.

No Title

Hi dude,
When you go to the Atlanta INS office next time, would you please ask them what the processing time for N-400 for new application is. It will be really helpful for me. I live far away from Atlanta. Thanks.

Visit Atlanta Office

Kim:
Could you tell me when did your fiance arrive at the ATL office and how long she waited in line? I am planning to go to the ATL office this week, but am not sure what time I should be there in order to get the ticket and how long I need to wait for being seen. Appreciate.

Attn: Jian

As for the wait time at ATL, not long at all. He left from the North Point area around 6:30am, and when he arrived he said there was probably 30 people in front of him. It was Wednsday, I believe, and overcast so that may have had a hand in them expediting the process that day. Once inside and through the first INS cust service desk, he was sent to the "N-400" area or rather weeded away from green cards and so on. From there it took maybe 30 mins. Again, he was impressed at the level of service and attention he received that day. One more note to all, he said he saw only a handful of citizenship interviewees, so the pick up in processing time could be hampered by the low daily numbers of interviews performed (then again, he was there first thing in the morning so it could just be the morning time is a bit slow or the coffee machine was broken). From there, the only other time spent there was speaking to the INS person about his case and general questions, which isn\'t too much time considering everything they can tell you. He was back at work about 10:30 am, due in part to Atl traffic and his commute back up to the North Point area. He said he spent more time commuting back to work than he did getting there and talking to INS.

One note, I gave some misinformation in my last post. My misunderstanding, but as to the fingerprint expiration. The INS officer told him to wait at least one month after his fingerprints expired to come in and get an interview scheduled. I guess it takes several weeks or even a month to receive an interview letter that was probably generated on the day your fingerprints expired. Oh well, come May 26th, no interview letter, my finance will be back in line.

Sorry to be so long, but did want you to know it might be worth your wild to make such a trip. Again, at this stage in the game, it appears that they\'d rather set up an interview date than re-take the fingerprints, wouldn\'t you all agree?! Well gotta go. We\'re still here, just waiting for his citizenship so we can finally go to morocco and get married!!! Yeah!

Kim

No Title

hi kimberly,
today I went to atlanta INS office since my fingerprient has been expired(fp- 10/31/2000). She told me she cannot schedule me for fingerprint since my application is pending. This lady( dye hair) gave me wrong information regarding V visa. what should I do now ?? whom should I need to see to get an interview. should I ask for a supervisor ??

Hi Syed

Syed

I am also in your category. I applied in July 2000. My finger print expired and had re finger printing done 3 weeks ago. And I am still waiting to hear from them.

Please tell me as what they said in Atlanta. Did they say you will get your interview soon or did they say it is going to take another year? or please let me know your experience. My email is indian_m34@yahoo.com Looks like we are in the same time frame regards application, finger printing and waiting for interview call.

Please stay in touch.
dsm