Atlanta Timeline

Zeemboomba

Registered Users (C)
Will anyone who filed N400 in Atlanta and received notice for interview please post their timeline? Thank you.

No Title

Well, I applied two monts after you towards the end of December and FP was in the first week of February. So, when you get your call I can assume I will get it two months after that. Please do stay in contact. My email is zeemboomba@hotmail.com

No Title

Dear James & Zeemboomba,
Please keep me updated if you guys have some News about interview. My email address is tkabaria@usa.net
Looks like they are little slower after November election.
Here is my detail.

PD: 02/15/2001
FP: 03/20/2001

Thank you very much..

TK...

No Title

i have applied last year. smy fp-10/31/00. I haven\'t heard anything yet. My mom\'s fp was on 06/10/01 and her interview will be on 25 th aug 01. I don\'t understand why atlanta is taking that long

No Title

Dear Syed,

Would you please post your\'s and your mom\'s priority and finger print dates.

Thanks,

TK..

No Title

Hi ,
my mom\'ds finger print was on june 10 th at Houston. Did you noticed, it is very quick in california too. Don\'t tell me Atlanta have more application then ny, La.

Looking for further information

My attorney is trying to find the following information:
1. She has sent an inquiry to Atlanta INS asking what dates they are processing now. Dallas INS, on inquiry, responded that they have completed processing and are waiting on Atlanta to ask for te applications.
2. She is also checking with AILA to see what dates are currently being called for interviews.

If things do not look too promising by the middle of August, I plan to lobby. Will be glad if some of you can join me in that effort. It is ridiculous that we have to wait for so long when people who applied months after us have their citizenship by now. I have some of your emails but it would be useful if I can have the rest as well. Let us wish ourselves luck.

Looking for information

My mother and brother applied for citizenship in October 1998. My brother received his citizenship in 1999. My mother had her interview in December 1999. She passed and has been awaiting a date for the oath ceremony since then - a1 1/2 years! INS keeps telling us for over a year now that they\'ll send a schedule in the mail. Has anyone else had issues with INS Atlanta? Does anyone have a resolution? Thanks

Sapna
svs30066@yahoo.com

Atlanta N400 delay

Atlanta N400 processing has become too slow. While in many places people are getting their interviews within 6 months, the average waittime in Atlanta has exceeded 2 years. There are people who have
been waiting more than 2 years. Again, in the middle of this
long wait there are fortunate people who have been adjudicated within
6/9/12 months.

It\'s difficult to understand what\'s happening in Atlanta. The
INS website officially says that the N400 backlog has been reduced and
the goal of average processing time of 6 months has been achieved
in September 2000. Since the average is distributed over many
cases, it\'s understandable that it may be a little more for some
people and it may be 4/5 months for some people. In reality, many
people are waiting more than 2 years. Sometimes old cases continue to
wait while newer cases are scheduled.
I saw a news in Atlanta Journal that Atlanta handled 33000 citizenship
cases last year. This year the goal is 16000. The priority is for
greencard whose target number is 24000. Hence, most likely all
officers are busy in greencard interviews. Unless more officers are
hired or brought from other places, N400 backlog will only
multiply in coming months. Don\'t know what\'s the solution for this.

We can write letters to editor of Atlanta Journal requesting
help for future citizens of Atlanta community in this matter.

Under the present system where there is no law where an
explanation has to be provided for unususally long processing time,
nothing will happen by informing congressman and senators who
can only help by asking a status information. They will not
recommend for out of order processing for anyone unless it is
a serious personal emergency. Even an attorney can\'t do anything
more than requesting for information. The typical reply will be
like the case is pending. In most cases there will be no
reply at all unless fingerprints have expired or there is any
problems with the application. If everything is OK with the case
and the the application is simply waiting to be scheduled, they
ususally don\'t reply. That adds to more confusion since there
is no way to guess when someone will be scheduled. Just because
some one has received an interview today doesn\'t mean someone
else who might have filed the application at the same time will
be scheduled tomorrow. It could be 6 months or 1 year later.

If there are enough number of officers dedicated to N400 cases,
automatically things will become faster. That means more funding
and more budget allocation. We can only request that Atlanta
does something to address the problem.

Meanwhile let\'s hope Atlanta will have a higher priority for
M400 cases when the new INS fiscal year starts in October.

INS Atlanta & AILA meet

An AILA repersentative is scheduled to meet with INS Atlanta on Aug 31. I have requested to check on status of citizenship applications. Will keep you posted.

No Title

Dear Zeemboomba,

Is there any update regarding an AILA repersentative\'s meeting with INS Atlanta on Aug 31? Please keep us informed.

Thanks

Follow up on AILA & INS Atlanta Meet

As I had informed earlier an AILA representative met with INS Atlanta on Aug 31st. I was able to get the information last weekend. INS Atlanta says that they have only one officer processing citizenship applications until now. Their new fiscal year starts from October and they may assign more officers for naturalization processing from October. My attorney is of the opinion that if they get more officers dedicated to this task then they can clear the backlog pretty fast. As it is not certain whether the number of officers will increase I thought of initiating a lobbying effort this week. Due to subsequent tragic events in the nation I decided to wait before doing anything further. If anyone will be interested in joining me in lobbying please let me know.

has N4000 applicant get interviewed recently? please post your timeline.

has any N400 applicant been interviewed at Atlanta INS recently? please post your timeline.
Do anyone has any news about N400 processing time at Atlanta INS in the fiscal year beginning at October 2001 from any reliable source( Atlanta Chapter, lawyer, media news, etc)? It is ao hard to find a answer to this question by myself

N-400 Timeline for Atlanta, GA

My PD is 12/00 and I did my finger printing in 01/01. I haven\'t received any communication at all. Few of my friends who live in DC, PA and WA, applied after me and they even finished their oath ceremony.

I was told it takes longer in the TX processing centre but I also gather that it\'s faster in places like Houston, which makes me think that Atlanta office is the bottleneck.

BTW, can anyone point me to a website where I can see time lines for N-400 per city/region rather than INS Service Centres

N-400 Atlanta Timeline

My fiance is in the same boat. He\'s PD is 12/14/00, FD is 1/26/01. We made an inquiry through the TSC and they responded that he was in line for an interview, but that response was 5/28/01. He\'s been here since 8/5/90 and were told at his fingerprinting that people 10yrs and over, were being processed in 6/9 wks. Obviously, that was a misquote, but will let every INS forum list I check know when he gets his interview letter. We are under the impression that in Atlanta, the interview and oath (if passed the interview) is administered on the same day. Can anyone verify that for us? We are just here till he gets his citizenship and/or passport, then off to europe.

Thank you in advance for any replies and insight.

Kim