Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Seannc said:
We were 7 of us and our company applied for labor for all of us together. So our dates are same...april 3 & 4, 2003. We all had rcvd nof due to layoffs sometime ago. But now everyone had been certified.

So if your company did not have layoffs after 2002.........u have nothing to worry about.

so how did your company justify the layoffs? my company too laid off a bunch of folks in 2002 and 2003? how will that be justified?

if dol send an nof regarding these layoffs.......your HR must be able to justify as to why all those people laid off did not match your position.
Then your manager and your HR or your employer must go through CV's of all those laid off and justify each case. If there was a rehiring then if they were hired again. Its a little lengthy process but as long your HR, manager and lawyer prepare a good justification you wont have a problem

nishokie said:
so how did your company justify the layoffs? my company too laid off a bunch of folks in 2002 and 2003? how will that be justified?

Seannc, does that apply for the people who were from the different departments altogether too, Like I am a programmer and my company had laid off bunch of people in 2002 - 2003 but they were all non-techie people on hourly salary of say $8-$12 / hour.

Seannc said:
if dol send an nof regarding these layoffs.......your HR must be able to justify as to why all those people laid off did not match your position.
Then your manager and your HR or your employer must go through CV's of all those laid off and justify each case. If there was a rehiring then if they were hired again. Its a little lengthy process but as long your HR, manager and lawyer prepare a good justification you wont have a problem

I dont think you should be worried , unless layoff is on your title.
saurabh_tulika said:
Seannc, does that apply for the people who were from the different departments altogether too, Like I am a programmer and my company had laid off bunch of people in 2002 - 2003 but they were all non-techie people on hourly salary of say $8-$12 / hour.

Seannc said:

thanks. there were a total of 7000 layoffs in 2002 and 2003 and now i am praying that i dont get a NOF. also good luck on the 140/485 stage...i hear the visa numbers are quickle retrogressing for EB3 categories.

Nishokie, can you update the list with you Case Number information, because you are for May 25th and you should be approaching the certification very soon and also it will be easier to track the stuff.

Thanks

nishokie said:
thanks. there were a total of 7000 layoffs in 2002 and 2003 and now i am praying that i dont get a NOF. also good luck on the 140/485 stage...i hear the visa numbers are quickle retrogressing for EB3 categories.

Nishokie, can you update the list with you Case Number information, because you are for May 25th and you should be approaching the certification very soon and also it will be easier to track the stuff.

Thanks

nishokie said:

Thanks

nishokie said:

My friends case is applied in NC on Dec '01, Now they have transferred to ATL Regional on Oct 04. What will be the priority date in Regional, is it DEC'01 when they filed in State or OCT 04, when they transferred to Regional. How long it will take to assign a dot case number and how long it will take for approval.

Thanks in advance

The date would be the Oct 2004 when it is filed into the ATL DOL and currently DOL is processing Apr / May 2003 cases.

kperias said:
My friends case is applied in NC on Dec '01, Now they have transferred to ATL Regional on Oct 04. What will be the priority date in Regional, is it DEC'01 when they filed in State or OCT 04, when they transferred to Regional. How long it will take to assign a dot case number and how long it will take for approval.

Thanks in advance

Attached is the updated status list. actually my state approval date is may 25th but my ATL recd. date is June 6 2003. anyway, i've gone ahead and updated my info.

saurabh_tulika said:

Thanks

BEC or still in Atlanta

I am wondering if our cases will be forwarded to BEC if not cerfied by dol Atlanta by the end of this year. Anybody knows that? I called my lawyer. She said she's not sure.

EB3 Categories

Just got this info. from shusterma's immigration website that dates fo EB3 category is expected to regress back to 2002 for india, prc and phillipines and expected to stay current for the rest of the countries.
Just thought I would share this with U guys.
-frog

DOL Transition Watch: DOL Provides More Insight

We reported in our October 22, 2004 MURTHYBULLETIN on the ongoing transformation
in the process for labor certification adjudication. That article, entitled "DOL
Sends Transition Plan to SWAs" <http://www.murthy.com/news/n_dolsen.html>, is
available on MurthyDotCom. This has raised many questions. We recently received
additional clarification, based on an October 8, 2004 meeting between key staff
members of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and members of the American
Immigration Lawyer's Association (AILA). Additional information was also
provided to AILA on October 15, 2004. These details shed more light on the DOL
transition plan.

DOL Vision for Uniform Processing Times and National Standards

The October 8, 2004 meeting included a tour of the new Backlog Elimination
Center (BEC) in Philadelphia. The DOL confirmed that the BECs have a new
software system in place to begin processing the backlogged cases. The DOL
shared its vision with AILA; to process all temporary (H2A, H2B) and permanent
labor certification filings at the two national processing centers in Atlanta
and Chicago that report directly to national headquarters. This vision includes
the development of uniform national standards and processes.

Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs)

DOL understands that, before its long-term vision can be accomplished, the
backlog of 310,000 labor certification cases must be addressed. These are the
cases that will be transferred and processed at the BECs in Philadelphia and
Dallas within the next two years. To accomplish this goal, each BEC is staffed
with 35-40 federal employees and approximately 100 contract workers. The
contract workers will provide administrative support and the federal employees
will adjudicate the cases. Recruitment efforts to fill the federal employee
positions included notifying the State Workforce Agencies (SWAs) of the
available positions. Dallas has completed more of its recruitment than
Philadelphia.

Approximately 10,000 cases are in the Philadelphia BEC and contractors are in
the process of entering data on the cases that were transferred from the
Philadelphia Regional Office. Once the data is input, DOL will send Center
Receipt Notification Letters (CRNL), expected to go to the employers having
filed the labor certifications or to the attorneys of record on the cases. These
letters will require response within 45 days to indicate the cases are still
viable. If a response on a case is not received within 45 days it will be closed
by the DOL, which has indicated that there will not be flexibility on this
45-day deadline.

The next batch of cases to be transferred to the BECs will be approximately
20,000 cases from the San Francisco Region (Region VI). The BECs will use a
First-In / First-Out (FIFO) approach to all cases, meaning that the oldest cases
will be processed first. A contractor has been hired specifically to determine
which regions have the oldest cases and how to efficiently transfer these cases
to the BECs. Though FIFO will be used for both RIR and traditional labor
certification cases, they will each have a separate track. This means that an
RIR processed under the FIFO system likely still will be processed faster than a
traditional labor certification processed on a FIFO basis.

PERM / National Processing Centers

If and when PERM is implemented, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will directly
process cases. These PERM Centers, also referred to as the National Processing
Centers (NPCs), are building an infrastructure for web-based filing. The Chicago
Center is already in the midst of being established. Each Center is in the
process of hiring approximately 50 primarily federal employees. DOL also has a
curriculum prepared to train its new staff. Temporary processing (H2As and H2Bs)
will be migrated to the two NPCs. The transfer is expected to be completed by
the end of the year. DOL still expects the PERM regulation to be published by
the end of 2004, but, as regular MurthyDotCom and MURTHYBULLETIN readers are
aware, there is no guarantee that PERM will now be published.

Until PERM is published, the Atlanta and Chicago Centers will function as
additional BECs. If PERM is not published, an alternate regulation will be
required to eliminate the SWAs' intake of labor certification cases. The Atlanta
and Chicago Centers will function as national processing centers.

New York and San Francisco Regional Offices

The New York and San Francisco Regional Offices will not close until at least
January 2006. These two offices will continue to process permanent labor
certifications until that time. The DOL is working to integrate the computer
systems of all offices into a uniform national software network.

SWAs

The SWAs will finish processing cases that have already been opened for review
and/or recruitment. All other cases will be eventually transferred to one of the
DOL Centers. The DOL said that the Federal Register should have regulatory
activity published regarding the SWAs before the end of the calendar year.

Conclusion

The last two years have brought major changes to the immigration landscape. The
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) was abolished and replaced by the
USCIS, ICE, and the CBP. Now, the DOL is restructuring its processes. Throughout
these changes, MurthyDotCom and the MURTHYBULLETIN have provided you with useful
information and analysis. We will continue to assess these changes and update
you, our loyal readers.

© 2004 The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. All Rights Reserved

SOURCE:
http://www.murthy.com

ATL DOL Live person phone number

Could somebody tell me what the phone number to call a live staff is in ATL DOL? Thank you very muhc.

Thank you some_greencard.

I'm emailing my attorney and asking her to call the live line. If she does and gives me some feedback, I will post it here.

does it mean that

1. ATL DOL will continue handling our cases until PERM starts?

2. Cases in BEC is divided into RIR and non-RIR

3. FIFO: first in federal DOL, not first in state.

am I right?

mvinays said:
DOL Transition Watch: DOL Provides More Insight